Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 09:27 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Okay... setting aside for a moment the analysis of the photo, the more important question to me is what is the provenance of the photo? As another poster correctly pointed out, if it is a primate, how do we know this wasn’t a photo of a gorilla snapped in a zoo or in Africa? And why would they have just taken a photo and not a video? What were the circumstances under which this photo was taken and is it verifiable? There’s no context, just a photo and why someone thinks it’s a primate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2020, 06:53 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Okay... setting aside for a moment the analysis of the photo, the more important question to me is what is the provenance of the photo? As another poster correctly pointed out, if it is a primate, how do we know this wasn’t a photo of a gorilla snapped in a zoo or in Africa? And why would they have just taken a photo and not a video? What were the circumstances under which this photo was taken and is it verifiable? There’s no context, just a photo and why someone thinks it’s a primate.

Invest a bit of time investigating this and get back with us.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:08 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Invest a bit of time investigating this and get back with us.
This is always your strategy; turn it back on us. We are not making these claims or posting those pictures. You and your crew are the ones responsible and then you just run and leave us with nothing except a picture of a gorilla that could have been taken anyplace. It is up to anybody posting these pictures to go that extra mile and give us some background. We are not making these claims - you are!

Old 02-18-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This is always your strategy; turn it back on us. We are not making these claims or posting those pictures. You and your crew are the ones responsible and then you just run and leave us with nothing except a picture of a gorilla that could have been taken anyplace. It is up to anybody posting these pictures to go that extra mile and give us some background. We are not making these claims - you are!

Like I said do it yourself. Quit whining because I don't spoon feed. I totally suspicion that you are paid to be here.

Don't you like it? Just ignore it. It is kinda creepy that you seem to dog my trail.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Like I said do it yourself. Quit whining because I don't spoon feed. I totally suspicion that you are paid to be here.

Don't you like it? Just ignore it. It is kinda creepy that you seem to dog my trail.
I dog your trail when you give us a glimpse with no meat. Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How are the top questions about any news article. Try applying those the next time you post a picture and it would help.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:55 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
From a 2013 article on Altered Dimensions:

Quote:
In August of 2012, a game trapper in Alberta obtained the above image of Bigfoot from a trail camera. Many think it’s the best (clearest) image of Bigfoot since the famous Patterson-Gimlin film. The authenticity of the film was vouched for by a friend of the trapper, “Penney”.

“I know this person. They are a dogsledder and would in no way be the type to try to fool around with fake pictures. They actually think it’s a bear and cub but for some reason they only have one photo. Strange.”
That was seven years ago. Some huge red flags:

* There's been no followup article AFAIK verifying the photo.
* As "Penney" says: there's only one photo; "strange" indeed.
* I can find no references to this photo outside of cryptid sites.
* "Penney" and the trapper are not available for comment.
* Arguments that it's not a gorilla or bear are not convincing.

So I did spend some time investigating. There's nothing to be found -- except a single photo that does indeed appear to be a shot of a gorilla taken at a game preserve or zoo. The only occurrences of the photo I could find are on paranormal sites like Altered Dimensions - and Pinterest galleries that have picked the photo up from said paranormal sites. That's why provenance is important - and the lack of provenance is highly suspicious. An unknown person allegedly named "Penney" vouching for the photos authenticity means nothing unless "Penney" comes forward and is willing to face questions. Where is she? When the person who allegedly supplied the photo says the fact that there's only one photo is "strange", that screams B.S.

Old 02-18-2020, 08:11 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
I totally suspicion that you are paid to be here.
Hey, if that's true, set me up! I totally desires that I be paid to be here.

Old 02-18-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Hey, if that's true, set me up! I totally desires that I be paid to be here.
He is better than you and has a team behind him.

Old 02-18-2020, 08:48 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Do you really think there is a clandestine organization out there paying people to argue about Bigfoot in online discussion forums?

What could possible motivate such an organization? Who would fund them?

Old 02-18-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Hey, if you're passing it out, I'll take some to! Other than my job; I have not found a way to make money off the internet. I put a lot of money into computers and hardware; but have never made a penny back. My job has nothing to do with this subject. It is just something I have been interested in for a long time and still looking for any proof that it can be real. But the clock is ticking and you're running out of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal