Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 01:33 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I watched the video. Excellent. However since intelligent life formed here there is no reason to think its not been repeated millions of times elsewhere. The video does not refute that. In fact it reinforces that notion in my opinion.
I posted the video in response to the guy saying that god wouldn't have created the entire universe if he only intended for life on a single planet. Without those other stars in all those other galaxies, there couldn't be intelligent life on this planet. Pretty much every atom on this planet heavier than helium came from another star in another galaxy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2022, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
You can say you dont know of course, but thats not an explanation and folks need an explanation.
I'm fine with explanations as long as they aren't asserted as fact. What triggers me is when people tell me that there has to be intelligent life out there. That it is a "statistical certainty".

By saying it that way, they're effectively saying that anyone who doesn't agree with them is ignorant, unscientific, and/or stupid. If theirs is the only rational explanation, other explanations cannot be rational.

Quote:
The evidence is all around us that something unexplained is in our environment. The fact that you choose not to accept that evidence does not mean it is not here. It HAS reached us. It IS here. It may not be aliens, but as far as we know, it is not environmental factors.
There are a lot of things that are unexplained, but things being unexplained doesn't prove the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, any more than it proves the existence of god and angels.

Quote:
Think what we (the people) could do with that technology and if the military knows how to do that stuff
If our military had that technology they wouldn't be spazzing about Chinese hypersonic missiles.

Quote:
We need science to find out what IT is.
I agree.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:48 AM

15,050 posts, read 8,624,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
A blue grain indicates some kind of rock formation from which it broke off. Which means there are almost certainly more blue grains somewhere. But life on Earth is not analogous because it didn't form somewhere else and get deposited here. There is no source. We are the source.

Sources: "Trust me bro".

It is impossible to say what the odds are if you don't know the odds. So again, "What are the odds that a planet will have life?"

Just say you don't know so we can both go on with our lives.

Let's pretend that the only star and only solar system in the universe was ours. Would there be life on Earth? Why or why not?

To find the answer, watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJQjjBR6PbY

The universe is nearly 14 billion years old. If life was as prevalent as you think it is, where is it? There should be civilizations billions of years ahead of ours. What could we do in a billion years?

As I said in my earlier post, the only rational explanation for the total lack of evidence for extraterrestrial life is that either it is everywhere but cannot reach us, or it doesn't exist.
You may move on with your life any time you choose. I thought you wanted to have an enlightening discussion about something neither you nor I can have absolute certainty of. But now it’s clear you just want to argue. So find someone else to play childish games with.

You seem so absolutely certain there is no evidence, yet the problem just may be your lack of awareness of the evidence that exists! And there is quite a lot of it, particularly within ancient texts, scriptures, cave wall carvings, and thousands of personal accounts both modern, and old. Even among the Native American tribes like the Hopi, who talk of the Star People who came from the sky, to countless books not just about cultures from around the globe from Africa to South America, but even modern day accounts from people living today who have interacted with extraterrestrials.

Other such examples include what we refer to today as a UFOs or Flying Saucers, depicted in one of Leonardo De Vinci’s famous paintings. Then there are biblical scriptures which talk about the Nephilim. The ancient India scriptures, the Vedas talk in much detail about wars in the sky ... air ships with powerful weapons (which appear to describe nuclear weapons). The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah also describe a level of destruction that is descriptive of nuclear weapons. And much, much more.

While you are certainly entitled to believe what ever you like, you are not entitled to create a false realities such as the patently untruthful claim that no evidence exists, when there is plenty of it.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 01-22-2022 at 04:04 AM..

Old 01-22-2022, 06:32 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You may move on with your life any time you choose. I thought you wanted to have an enlightening discussion about something neither you nor I can have absolute certainty of. But now it’s clear you just want to argue. So find someone else to play childish games with.

You seem so absolutely certain there is no evidence, yet the problem just may be your lack of awareness of the evidence that exists! And there is quite a lot of it, particularly within ancient texts, scriptures, cave wall carvings, and thousands of personal accounts both modern, and old. Even among the Native American tribes like the Hopi, who talk of the Star People who came from the sky, to countless books not just about cultures from around the globe from Africa to South America, but even modern day accounts from people living today who have interacted with extraterrestrials.

Other such examples include what we refer to today as a UFOs or Flying Saucers, depicted in one of Leonardo De Vinci’s famous paintings. Then there are biblical scriptures which talk about the Nephilim. The ancient India scriptures, the Vedas talk in much detail about wars in the sky ... air ships with powerful weapons (which appear to describe nuclear weapons). The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah also describe a level of destruction that is descriptive of nuclear weapons. And much, much more.

While you are certainly entitled to believe what ever you like, you are not entitled to create a false realities such as the patently untruthful claim that no evidence exists, when there is plenty of it.
In a Luis Elizondo interview, I recall him stating that he was informed by a Vatican official who told him that the Vatican is in position of a ancient document written by a Roman soldier. It was correspondence between two soldiers, one being a General in which it was describing strange lights in the sky that was following the Roman legion on its quest, one battle after another.

I thought it was very interesting. This is what I was able to find on the net.
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/commen...talking_about/

Old 01-22-2022, 08:27 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,912 times
I believe there is way more out there than we could ever imagine. For those that don't, do you believe there is a god/jesus?

Old 01-22-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
There is quite a lot of evidence, particularly within ancient texts, scriptures, cave wall carvings, and thousands of personal accounts both modern, and old. Even among the Native American tribes like the Hopi, who talk of the Star People who came from the sky, to countless books not just about cultures from around the globe from Africa to South America, but even modern day accounts from people living today who have interacted with extraterrestrials.
They had accounts of gods and spirits and ghosts and all kinds of other stories. Are those true as well?

Quote:
Then there are biblical scriptures which talk about the Nephilim. The ancient India scriptures, the Vedas talk in much detail about wars in the sky... air ships with powerful weapons (which appear to describe nuclear weapons). The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah also describe a level of destruction that is descriptive of nuclear weapons. And much, much more.
There are a lot of things in the bible. Is everything true? Or only the things that fit your beliefs?

Quote:
Maybe we just have different qualifications for evidence. You might look at a crop circle and see evidence of aliens. I don't. You might watch a TV show about a guy who got abducted and anal probed and jerked off by aliens and see evidence. I don't. You might see some grainy video on youtube of some geometric shape moving around in the sky and see evidence for aliens. I don't.

But you know what they say.... "I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens".

Old 01-22-2022, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
I believe there is way more out there than we could ever imagine. For those that don't, do you believe there is a god/jesus?
Jesus as a historical figure, or Jesus as the son of god? I think the evidence is overwhelming that Jesus was a historical figure, but I'm a Jeffersonian. If you're familiar with the Jefferson Bible, Jefferson cut out all the miracles and mysticism. No more resurrection or virgin birth. Just a guy who criticized the ruling elite and was killed because of it.

As for god. I wouldn't say I believe in god. I entertain the idea at times, but when I do I'm always cursing him for creating such a garbage world. If god exists, he most certainly doesn't deserve to be worshiped.

If we're talking broadly about spirituality and whether there is anything beyond the material. I would only say this, the probability of the universe existing, and in such a way that life is possible, and where entropy will eventually make life impossible. It would be a real shame if it was all for nothing.

Old 01-22-2022, 09:57 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,213,314 times
Quote:
the probability of the universe existing, and in such a way that life is possible, and where entropy will eventually make life impossible. It would be a real shame if it was all for nothing.
Maybe Tibetan monks who make beautiful and intricate sand mandalas only to sweep them away once completed have an insight.

Old 01-22-2022, 11:19 AM

30,139 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
I posted the video in response to the guy saying that god wouldn't have created the entire universe if he only intended for life on a single planet. Without those other stars in all those other galaxies, there couldn't be intelligent life on this planet. Pretty much every atom on this planet heavier than helium came from another star in another galaxy.
I have religious people in my family who believe we are it. Since there is no mention of life outside of earth in the bible it does not exist.

It is fascinating how the whole universe is interconnected. It just seems that whatever factors lined up for life to exist on earth could happen elsewhere even if the odds of it happening are very low. There are 200 billion galaxies. If its simply one earth per galaxy that's a lot of life out there. But spread out to the extent that finding other life is very difficult.

Old 01-22-2022, 11:38 AM

30,139 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
The bolded is the right question. As you said, even if we intercepted transmissions from other stars or galaxies, they might be hundreds, thousands, or millions of years old. Whatever civilization broadcast those signals might have long since died out.

But it is highly unlikely that any spacefaring civilization will die out. In fact, it is practically impossible. So if a spacefaring civilization has ever existed, they would have spent millions or billions of years spreading out across their own galaxy, then to other galaxies.
I disagree. We still have do not have the technology to be spacefaring. Going to Mars and surviving there is still a ways off. But we probably have the ability now to create some sort of biological weapon to kill every human and nuclear weapons to send us back to the dark ages or worse. This pandemic has shown that even with all our advancements we still do a poor job stopping disease from spreading.

Quote:
So what can explain it? Either A) Aliens don't communicate using electromagnetic waves. B) There are no spacefaring civilizations. C) There are spacefaring civilizations but they haven't existed long enough to explore the galaxy. D) There is no life beyond Earth.

Which of the four is most probable and why?
Or E). Intelligent life will destroy itself before it develops the ability to travel deep in space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal