Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 06:35 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times

Advertisements

A subject questioned and answers dismissed by skeptics, I'm certain there's more than the world we see, I've had to many experiences that can't be ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 02:23 PM

491 posts, read 1,045,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
Ah well, we can all have our fantasies! Your eyes do play tricks on you. Shifting light shadows and peripheral vision can make you see funny things.
It is all natural phenomena. It could also have been hoaxed too. Kids and adults love to see if they can fool someone. In all of my years of examining paranormal photos I have yet to see one that was genuine.

//www.city-data.com/forum/6601229-post272.html

Would you mind taking a look at this pic and telling me what you see. I know right off the bat you'll be skeptical, but I assure you this is not a hoax! You can read the posts following mine in which a local ghost-hunting team investigated the vehicle. They confirmed that the vehicle was in fact haunted (as silly as that may sound) and labeled it a residual haunting.

RHawkins74: What other info could you give me on my cameras setting, etc, based on this pic? Any would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:14 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Did you get a response from rhawkins...You might want to DM as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post

Would you mind taking a look at this pic and telling me what you see. I know right off the bat you'll be skeptical, but I assure you this is not a hoax! You can read the posts following mine in which a local ghost-hunting team investigated the vehicle. They confirmed that the vehicle was in fact haunted (as silly as that may sound) and labeled it a residual haunting.

RHawkins74: What other info could you give me on my cameras setting, etc, based on this pic? Any would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Did you get a response from rhawkins...You might want to DM as well.
No response yet. Lol
Good thinking, I'll be sure to DM him.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:27 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post

With respect to you, I reviewed the photo and there is someone in the truck.
However, anyone could have been playing a practical joke on you. I still contend that people feel strange things because they are either prepped to by a ghostly story or want to believe so bad that they see something.

The other night I watched Ghost Hunters and the investigators were running around with EMF and Thermal devices looking for the spirits.
One group was in the middle of a room and walked to the outer walls with their thermal meter and suddenly they felt a huge temperature drop! (signs of a spirit i am told) The funny thing was they were next to large picture windows! And, of course there would be a temp. drop there.
Another group had an EMF meter and was walking down a hall where a ghostly mist had been seen. They showed on camera the EMF meter shoot up. Again, they didn't notice they were holding the meter next to the building power panel!!

In both cases they were so amazed they at their findings but of course it could all be naturally explained.

So, I don't doubt your sincerity but, there are logical reasons for what you are seeing.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:00 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
sigh--ghost hunters is a tv show led by ex plumbers---if they ever did see a real apparition or encounter an entity--they would high tail it out of that area so fast they would be a blur on the tv screen

Old 02-10-2010, 12:15 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
even if someone were to tell you about an experience would you disbelieve cause you did not experience it? hauntings do occur and are done by various forms of energy(of which one is orbs)--i hope mr h can expertly elaborate

Of course i would and no i would not dismiss it. I have experienced many paranormal experiences. But for the skeptics, and they are many, until you actually experience a paranormal event by yourself, where you cannot talk it away, you then, begin to see things in a different light. I am more then sure that a lot of us who have experienced paranormal activity, have experienced a lot of the same things.Should be a sight just for those who have experienced paranormal activity.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshire View Post
I work at a place here in NW PA that is known for being haunted. It was built in 1856 and used to be a stop or an Inn. Also it was home to the proprietors of days gone yore. People through the years had "passed on" while there. So it seems that some of their "spirits" do still reside there. There are ghosts of children heard scampering and giggling at times, though I have not experienced that, personally. I started working as a waitress/server at this place back in August. My first weekend there, I did have a paranormal experience. On my way to the ladies room by the old stairwell that had a ghost sighting on photogragh, I walked into a wall of cold, then a faint cold caress on my left arm, it got a little colder, then was GONE! It turned warm again. I thought at first that maybe I passed a vent. I could find NO explanation as to what had happened! One of my customers was having dessert one night, then had a feeling that something was trying to get into her lap. Like a small child trying to crawl up onto her lap. She, too, remembered a cool, weird feeling at the time. A ghost hunting crew based out of Beaver, PA, has documented some of the paranormal activity. Their findings are on one of our walls, along with a few newspaper articles about the ghostly, otherworld activities. I do not feel that the spirits are mean or harmful. But I do believe...

I don't know why but Pa has a lot of hauntings. I understand that a lot of your very older homes, that have history, are haunted also. A lot of paranormal activity happens in Pa.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
There are many rational reasons you think you saw an orb. Our eyes and brain sometimes can't always perceive natural phenomena. You eyes can be tricked by optical illusions.
I have never seen concrete evidence of a ghost! They rank up there with bigfoot and UFOs.

There are rational reasons, we do know what we have seen. If you have never experienced a paranormal activity, who are you to tell us we are nuts. I hope you experience a paranormal activity by your self. Have you seen a ghost well you don't have concrete evidence because you have neve seen one. I have, and it is errie, scary, but exciting at the same time. When i have seen one, it gets so very cold, the air is so cold, the hair on my body, literally stands up, and i get goosebumps all over. And no i have never been scared. And trust me, when your seeing certain things, oh you know allright that your eyes are not playing tricks on you, others in my family also have seen things. Can't talk about bigfoot or UFO'S but ghosts, i have seen and felt.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
With respect to you, I reviewed the photo and there is someone in the truck.
However, anyone could have been playing a practical joke on you. I still contend that people feel strange things because they are either prepped to by a ghostly story or want to believe so bad that they see something.

So, I don't doubt your sincerity but, there are logical reasons for what you are seeing.
I still remember the events of that night very clearly to this day. I had snapped a series of photos and none of them showed what the last photo did. Also, I didnt see anyone sitting in the truck until the last pic was taken. To be honest with you, to this day I dont know if it was a bum, a prankster or something paranormal, but whatever it was scared the living daylights out of me! It almost drove me to the point where I was afraid of the dark for whiile, an it made me question whether or not I was going crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal