Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 07:21 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
cameras operate off of shutter speed, even 35mm. shutter speed has nothing to do withit being digital or analog. you can believe what you want, but, the shutter speed was low. with a slow shutter speed, the only way to prevent any motion blurr especially from an object that is reflecting or emmiting light is to have it on a tripod. with your hands, you can not hold it steady enough.

if you look at the right side of the picture, you can see other lights that are blurred, light is more succeptable to motion blur then non lighted objects. you have to keep in mind, light is moving at all times.
Don't think so. If you look at the ghostly prop in the foreground and the ceramic bowl with the orange glow from a candle, you can see that they are sharp and clear... no blurring, which would have occurred if there was motion blur. I've taken thousands of photos since 1982 and I know when a photo comes out blurred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 08:59 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,956,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What about the Brown Lady ghost photo taken in 1936 or the Tulip Staircase ghost photo taken in 1966?
They were both double exposures. They do look pretty good since the photo technology of the time did produce pretty grainy photographs. It tends to add realism to the picture.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No they are not. My daughter in law and grandson saw orbs in there bedroom, no lights coming in, no dust no sunlight coming in pitch dark at night. They happened to film it, and it was so weird, because the orb was not that small, and moved so fast, then boom there it went. This hapapened more then once, and i do not think that my then grandson 5 would lie his Mom also experienced this. And my family did see it on film.
Please post a picture so we can take a look.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:37 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,869,734 times
I think there are some armchair paranormal researchers who have never been at the "coal face".

Personally, I do not believe that anyone can say that there are not ghosts/aliens/ufos/spirits/heaven/whatever. Basically, we just do not know all there is to know. We only use our 5 senses most of the time, but who is to say that ghosts do not register on other senses that we have. It is well known that we only use 10% of our brian capacity for day-to-day living, so what is the other 90% used for I wonder. Probably, there are some other senses that do not recognise at the moment.

As I have said before on these forums, there are things you learn in some disciplines that cannot be explained by normal science that we have at the moment. We are just not at the stage to have developed measuring instruments for these other things. At least, most people do not accept the measuring instruments, if we have them at the moment.

Sensing many paranormal phenomena requires an open mind and one that is not blinkered by what is possible and what is not possible in science at the moment. People who do not have the right kind of mind will not pick up the phenomena that they look for. This may account for the many years when nothing strange and unexplainable has been seen.

As an example, the Joe Cell is a zero-point energy producer, similar to a battery but no-one quite knows how it works any why it works. However, a number of people have got it producing energy for them and a number of people have not managed it too. The people in the know appear to say that it requires some kind of state-of-mind to produce the energy. I am only reporting what I have learned, so if you do not believe me, go check the data.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
They were both double exposures. They do look pretty good since the photo technology of the time did produce pretty grainy photographs. It tends to add realism to the picture.
Experts from Kodak examined the original negatives and did not find double exposure or any kind of tampering.

Where did you read that it was double exposure?

Here are links to both photos so others can judge for themselves:

1936 Brown Lady Ghost
http://www.castleofspirits.com/brownlady.html

1966 Tulip Staircase Ghost
http://www.ghostsandstories.com/tuli...ase-ghost.html

Old 12-22-2009, 08:15 PM

[quote=Fleet;12126869]Experts from Kodak examined the original negatives and did not find double exposure or any kind of tampering.

Do you have the link to the Kodak examination?

Old 12-22-2009, 10:31 PM

[quote=Dean Trails;12138661]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Experts from Kodak examined the original negatives and did not find double exposure or any kind of tampering.

Do you have the link to the Kodak examination?
Here is one where it's mentioned. Most of the info I have on it is from books so I can't post a link.

Tulip Staircase Ghost

Old 01-04-2010, 05:38 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Quote:
In all of my years of examining paranormal photos I have yet to see one that was genuine
I suspect that all photographs can be explained as something else if you have enough credibility.

It is the same with NASA photographs of the Moon and Mars. However many people tell me there are perfectly reasonable explanations for the things I see in the pictures, I will continue to believe that there are things which just should not be there. Unfortunately, only time will tell who is correct in both these cases.

I know that there are things like ghosts, spirits, orbs, aliens, ufos, ley lines, energy constructs, etc etc and I think that there are enough examples of circumstantial evidence throughout history that should convince us that they exist. Those people who do not believe in these things have their head in the sand like ostriches, but we are dealing with beliefs of "proof" and fear of the unknown.

Currently, we all believe what our scientists tell us and we give the logical scientists and doctors far more credibility than we do the people who can see into the more nebulous realms where these ghosty things live. There was a time when religious leaders and shamans were the authority and now it is the turn of the scientist to be the authority that everyone looks to for their proof of what is real.

If it is possible, then we just have to believe what we believe, but be willing to change that belief if the facts or "proof' tell us differently. There is no shame in being wrong, and no honour in being "right" either.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I have a database full of evidence, I have also written multiple books teaching people on how to get started in the field of paranormal investigation and research.

Since you seem to be an expert on the subject, share some of your findings with us. Would like to see some books you have written, and your databas of full evidence. Those who have witnessed also have evidence.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:22 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
For those of us who have witnessed Paranormal activity, the skeptics, are gona talk it away with logic. For those of us who have had the expereince, it get's one thinking believe me. I have had many experiences, i will not go into detail, because of the non believers. When you have such an experience, it is not that easy, to just toss what happened aside, unless you have experienced paranormal activity, no one should say it does not exist unless you experience one. I have since the 80's and it has not stopped, but differs in variying degrees. I am not scared, never had to be, but have had many experiences, and they all have been good. Not everyone who does have a paranormal activity, is the same, they are all different, and some not so nice, not in my case. Yes i am a believer, and even friends who were the upmost sketptic, until they had a experience for themselves, are now believers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal