Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:51 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
i disagree--the ones most apparent to me were seen in a friends dark basement without any windows filtering outside light and were similar to the ones seen in the cemetary in the small church next to her home--in the country --no nearby street lights,water sources,traffic,surrounded on 3 sides by the mountain---these were also randomly moving at times--so how would you discount that--the local group===associated with taps could not!

i have seen full body apparitions in the daytime--lights on--seen by 2 other people in the group also
I've got orbs in my house (where I've seen an aparition 3 times), in the Whaley House in San Diego, In the Queen Mary, at my parent's new house, at Disneyland, at work, at Lehman caves, on the salt flats, and in abandoned mines all over Utah and Nevada. They show up nearly everwhere I snap a picture, especially in dark, dusty places. They show up in haunted and not haunted locations.

Orbs are not ghosts, nor are they proof of paranoral activity. Sorry, they just aren't. They are refracted light from dust particles or even in the lens itself and are creations of the camera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 10:24 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I've got orbs in my house (where I've seen an aparition 3 times), in the Whaley House in San Diego, In the Queen Mary, at my parent's new house, at Disneyland, at work, at Lehman caves, on the salt flats, and in abandoned mines all over Utah and Nevada. They show up nearly everwhere I snap a picture, especially in dark, dusty places. They show up in haunted and not haunted locations.

Orbs are not ghosts, nor are they proof of paranoral activity. Sorry, they just aren't. They are refracted light from dust particles or even in the lens itself and are creations of the camera.
these orbs DID NOT appear in a camera shot--they were seen BY THE NAKED EYE!----and no one was needing nor wearing glasses

Old 12-04-2009, 10:32 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
how would you explain seeing one? ORBS are balls of energy,do exsist,and i hope the unbelievers get to see one.It took me a few times to really believe what i was seeing,did all kinds of debunking efforts,in the end,the orbs persistently convinced me
I agree, Orbs are balls of energy.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:54 PM

43 posts, read 55,783 times
I would suggest joining the skeptics society before wasting time on stuff that exists only the fevered imaginations of the gullible....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I am not sure if this has been discussed before. But I was curious to know who else had an interest in the paranormal? I enjoy watching all these new "Ghost Hunting" programs and wanted to know who does this for real? Have you ever caught or seen a ghost/spirit/entity? Any other experiences?

Old 12-09-2009, 07:37 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Anyone been to a seance? I have not seen orbs but I do believe in ghosts/spirits. I think seances are the kind of thing you have to trust and know the people in the seance otherwise you will always wonder if they are conning you.

I went to one once where a guy appeared to have lights on his fingertips and pulled flowers from his mouth and gave them to people. I was not so sure about that one, although it was very impressive.

I have had a real interesting experience with a table though....

Old 12-09-2009, 08:55 AM

98 posts, read 197,766 times
I work at a place here in NW PA that is known for being haunted. It was built in 1856 and used to be a stop or an Inn. Also it was home to the proprietors of days gone yore. People through the years had "passed on" while there. So it seems that some of their "spirits" do still reside there. There are ghosts of children heard scampering and giggling at times, though I have not experienced that, personally. I started working as a waitress/server at this place back in August. My first weekend there, I did have a paranormal experience. On my way to the ladies room by the old stairwell that had a ghost sighting on photogragh, I walked into a wall of cold, then a faint cold caress on my left arm, it got a little colder, then was GONE! It turned warm again. I thought at first that maybe I passed a vent. I could find NO explanation as to what had happened! One of my customers was having dessert one night, then had a feeling that something was trying to get into her lap. Like a small child trying to crawl up onto her lap. She, too, remembered a cool, weird feeling at the time. A ghost hunting crew based out of Beaver, PA, has documented some of the paranormal activity. Their findings are on one of our walls, along with a few newspaper articles about the ghostly, otherworld activities. I do not feel that the spirits are mean or harmful. But I do believe...

Old 12-10-2009, 02:17 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Ghost Hunting anyone?
I tried that one time, and I took my .300 Winchester Magnum hunting rifle, but the bullets kept going right through them...

I guess I'll stick to hunting deer and elk..

Old 12-10-2009, 03:39 PM

[quote=ocpaul20;11952259]Anyone been to a seance? I have not seen orbs but I do believe in ghosts/spirits. I think seances are the kind of thing you have to trust and know the people in the seance otherwise you will always wonder if they are conning you.

I went to one once where a guy appeared to have lights on his fingertips and pulled flowers from his mouth and gave them to people. I was not so sure about that one, although it was very impressive.

I have had a real interesting experience with a table though....[/quote]

Should I ask?? I like antique furniture, heard some strange stories but no personal experience to share.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I tried that one time, and I took my .300 Winchester Magnum hunting rifle, but the bullets kept going right through them...

I guess I'll stick to hunting deer and elk..

Just to give you the heads up Mike, they're already dead.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:52 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times
Quote:
how would you explain seeing one? ORBS are balls of energy,do exsist,and i hope the unbelievers get to see one.It took me a few times to really believe what i was seeing,did all kinds of debunking efforts,in the end,the orbs persistently convinced me
There are many rational reasons you think you saw an orb. Our eyes and brain sometimes can't always perceive natural phenomena. You eyes can be tricked by optical illusions.
I have never seen concrete evidence of a ghost! They rank up there with bigfoot and UFOs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal