Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:09 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,807,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
this is not a toy!
I agree! There are just somethings that you dont mess with and the supernatural is one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 10:24 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,795,197 times
This has got to be a joke.

Everyone says "*It* spelled out..."

Yeah right... like the little pointer just moved itself with nothing touching it.

Bunch a crap, LOL!

Weren't these things invented by...like... Milton-Bradley... to board games makers???

Old 01-08-2010, 10:38 PM

438 posts, read 948,093 times
I played this thing once. The answers we got were bogus and nobody took it seriously. We got bored of it quick. Haven't even thought about it again until this thread. I'm definitely a skeptic and feel it's superstitious to believe in this ouija board nonsense.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:49 AM

6,986 posts, read 6,909,763 times
Quote:
Ouija board = Ideomotor effect, if anything at all happened.
Yes, that may be part of it for some people, but I do not think it is all of it. There are certain things which can make it easier for a person to be used in a way they probably would not like to be used.

Most people do not know or care whether they learn how to protect themselves from people with malicious intent. Like learning how to protect yourself on the street, sometimes it is just useful to know.

If you walk through a 'dodgy' neighbourhood, then you stand more of a chance of being harassed and so I guess this is the same kind of thing.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:10 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,599,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
This has got to be a joke.

Everyone says "*It* spelled out..."

Yeah right... like the little pointer just moved itself with nothing touching it.

Bunch a crap, LOL!

Weren't these things invented by...like... Milton-Bradley... to board games makers???
No, They were popular during the Victorian era.

I'm wrong, here's a link for anyone interested
http://www.witchboards.net/history.html

Old 01-14-2010, 12:37 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,807,704 times
Jimbob- think what you want. You know its bad when you have friends that beleive other religions that wont touch it with a 100 pole. As my friend says "its bad juju's".

Old 01-14-2010, 01:10 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,599,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Jimbob- think what you want. You know its bad when you have friends that beleive other religions that wont touch it with a 100 pole. As my friend says "its bad juju's".
Tell Parker Brothers that, they bought the rights and marketed it as a game for kids, I had one too, went in the trash. *shrug*

Old 01-14-2010, 01:32 PM

61 posts, read 140,243 times
We used to use them all the time as kids. I think you need someone with a natural ability to connect with the other side to serve as a channel - in our case it was my younger sister. Some of my friends were skeptical and one in particular was reduced to tears when we contacted a friend of his that noone else knew - this was proof enough for him.

We spoke to a variety of people.. some we knew when they were living. Others we discovered we had known in past lives - we discovered stuff about ourselves and some of it was a little unsettling but for the most part the experiences were good.

I once asked my Grandad whether there was a God. He hesitated and then slowly spelt 's-o-r-t o-f'. I said 'shouldn't I ask?' and he went to 'no'.

We stopped using it because the spirits started trying to talk to my sister away from the board and she was young at the time and it was all a bit much for her. I wouldn't dissuade anyone form using one but be respectful and responsible and be aware of exactly what you are doing.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:24 PM

4 posts, read 5,655 times
I do believe there is always a possibility you could invoke something that you can't banish. Aside from that, good fun.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:01 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,032,686 times
I hit my front tooth while playing that board when I was a kid.
The tooth died... No kidding..

It makes no sense that I could harm a tooth playing a board game.

I think it was my dead Grandma trying to make me stop playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal