Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 02:50 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
Vector didn't twist, you just interpreted incorrectly
He has twisted several things that I've said over time then told me that I was saying something that I was not saying. This time he said 800 years, so I asked him specifically what he meant by it. Crickets. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, but I simply asked him to clarify.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2019, 04:05 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
He has twisted several things that I've said over time then told me that I was saying something that I was not saying. This time he said 800 years, so I asked him specifically what he meant by it. Crickets. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, but I simply asked him to clarify.
The post in which he refers to British interference in Ireland ( for eight hundred years) is a stand alone post, he doesn't quote you at all.

Old 04-17-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
The post in which he refers to British interference in Ireland ( for eight hundred years) is a stand alone post, he doesn't quote you at all.
I didn't say he did.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
I didn't say he did.
You said he " twisted" what you said?

Old 04-17-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
You said he " twisted" what you said?
I said that he's done it in the past. I don't think that's difficult to understand. I asked him for a clarification. He's ignored it. 2 other people gave me helpful responses. I'm not here for an argument. You seem to be looking for an argument. Please don't include me when you get that urge.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
I said that he's done it in the past. I don't think that's difficult to understand. I asked him for a clarification. He's ignored it. 2 other people gave me helpful responses. I'm not here for an argument. You seem to be looking for an argument. Please don't include me when you get that urge.
Just correcting your mistake, I don't think that's too difficult to understand

Old 04-17-2019, 06:54 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Where are you getting 800 years?

James I/VI started the plantation in 1604, so just over 400 years ago. Henry VIII & Elizabeth I had a go at it, but it was James Stuart who was successful.
In most cases I give me viewpoint of articles/videos I post, but in this case I didn't have time. So I quoted the articles headline in bold, italicized a particular passage, and included the link to the entire article.

Thus it was not me saying 800 years, it was the author of the article.

`

Old 04-17-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
A British presence pre dated the ulster plantation by centuries
Indeed, only back then they were the dreaded English.

`

Old 04-17-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
You have maybe wondered off a wee bit Vector1. I do not follow that oddity that I more or less being a Unionist (in Scotland) i have to accept that either Ulster or Scotland can be out the Union. You have in a way misinterpreted my Unionist stance and all I did was point out that the word has slightly different co-ordinated here than across the sea. May I also add as an increased knowledge for you rather weirdly labelling my home city as if a UDA paradise when it is nothing of the sort. In the early days of that organisation when Ulster bordered on a civil war look before it got too criminal there were some who leaned there but it was a tiny group and still is. Iin hard truth not an issue on modern Glasgow dear man from someone an active life long Unionist activist.
I might be, as I thought you indicated you were a mainland Unionist, thus I asked if you were a different breed (so to speak) than what a Unionist might think of themselves as in NI.
So I could have gotten that wrong.
I also might not have been as clear regarding what I am presuming is Scotland where you live. I was merely asking if you had any such paramilitaries over there like NI does.

The last part was just wondering if you had your choice of only one part of the UK going, would you prefer it to be Scotland or NI (knowing you would prefer neither) ?

`

Old 04-17-2019, 07:05 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times
It's interesting that in a thread about a possible future united Ireland it is mostly the same handful of posters endlessly and pointlessly arguing about the past month in month out.

Fortunately it also explains the very simple reason why a united Ireland won't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom