Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 05:34 AM

1,129 posts, read 471,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahpsuth3 View Post
It's all gone pear shaped. Surprised?

https://truepublica.org.uk/united-ki...oud-and-clear/
Very good article, and on the money.

Flogging this deal is utter madness and humiliating for the UK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 05:51 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,440,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
Very good article, and on the money.

Flogging this deal is utter madness and humiliating for the UK
The deal Theresa May negotiated is useless. She is going back, cap in hand next week, asking for an extension. I hope just one country says no, and then we are out of the EU.

It is the best thing now. There is no going back. I know you hope all this is just going to go away, but it's not. Too much has been said since the vote in 2016. Words that can't be taken back from the likes of Juncker and Tusk.

It's too late. We need to leave the EU, and find a different way forward for the future.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The deal Theresa May negotiated is useless. She is going back, cap in hand next week, asking for an extension. I hope just one country says no, and then we are out of the EU.

It is the best thing now. There is no going back. I know you hope all this is just going to go away, but it's not. Too much has been said since the vote in 2016. Words that can't be taken back from the likes of Juncker and Tusk.

It's too late. We need to leave the EU, and find a different way forward for the future.

It’s a terrible deal whichever way you voted. If you want to leave it’s actually worse than staying, if you want to stay, you have less say as a country and have your hands tied.

I don’t want it to go away, I want it resolving properly and the only way is a second referendum which I still believe will happen.

Even if the DUP having been bought with the extra 1 billion pounds of dirty cash and ERG cave in, from fear of no Brexit at all and both vote for this awful deal I believe the majority of MPs will come together to kill off Brexit now they have found their feet, no amount of whipping is going to have them damage the country and have it on their conscience.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
It’s a terrible deal whichever way you voted. If you want to leave it’s actually worse than staying, if you want to stay, you have less say as a country and have your hands tied.

I don’t want it to go away, I want it resolving properly and the only way is a second referendum which I still believe will happen.

Even if the DUP having been bought with the extra 1 billion pounds of dirty cash and ERG cave in, from fear of no Brexit at all and both vote for this awful deal I believe the majority of MPs will come together to kill off Brexit now they have found their feet, no amount of whipping is going to have them damage the country and have it on their conscience.
Another referendum isn't going to happen. You saw how the vote went the other day. I think even the EU have given up on that forlorn hope.

So, the only other way is a General Election, which the Tories won't allow to happen, or us literally going back to the EU saying, let's just forget about it, and we'll withdraw article 50. Any politician who tries withdrawing article 50 is finished, and their political party as well. You think the British people will allow that to pass?

The only way left is leaving........ one way or the other. We cannot remain after the bitterness of this last two years. If we did, there would be constant unrest in thwarted folks who voted for Brexit. Their anger will increase with time, and politics will remain poisoned. Meanwhile Nigel Farage will get to work on his new Brexit party, and believe me, it will get plenty of votes. That was the reason the Tories gave the vote in the first place, because of votes leaving the Tories to UKIP.

Think hard about it, and for better or worse, we have to leave the EU. There is no going back now.

Last edited by English Dave; 03-16-2019 at 06:43 AM..

Old 03-16-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Another referendum isn't going to happen. You saw how the vote went the other day. I think even the EU have given up on that forlorn hope.

So, the only other way is a General Election, which the Tories won't allow to happen, or us literally going back to the EU saying, let's just forget about it, and we'll withdraw article 50. Any politician who tries withdrawing article 50 is finished, and their political party as well. You think the British people will allow that to pass?

The only way left is leaving........ one way or the other. We cannot remain after the bitterness of this last two years. If we did, their would be constant unrest in thwarted folks who voted for Brexit. Their anger will increase with time, and politics will remain poisoned. Meanwhile Nigel Farage will get to work on his new Brexit party, and believe me, it will get plenty of votes. That was the reason the Tories gave the vote in the first place, because of votes leaving the Tories to UKIP.

Think hard about it, and for better or worse, we have to leave the EU. There is no going back now.
A general election will solve nothing, Corbyn is unelectable and May will see this as a mandate to continue the same path she’s on, the conservatives have now shown their hand, and they would never vote in a brexiteer leader any more than they will allow Brexit to come off.

Farage is a joke, he can’t even be arsed to complete his Brexit betrayal march despite encouraging others to do so, if he ever actually ever starts his Brexit party it’ll be as successful as the monster raving looney party, mind you Boris would be a good poster boy along with Rees Mugg

Thankfully it’s not long to wait now, the clocks ticked down now and they have to face hard decisions and their conscience and put the country out of its misery.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
A general election will solve nothing, Corbyn is unelectable and May will see this as a mandate to continue the same path she’s on, the conservatives have now shown their hand, and they would never vote in a brexiteer leader any more than they will allow Brexit to come off.

Farage is a joke, he can’t even be arsed to complete his Brexit betrayal march despite encouraging others to do so, if he ever actually ever starts his Brexit party it’ll be as successful as the monster raving looney party, mind you Boris would be a good poster boy along with Rees Mugg

Thankfully it’s not long to wait now, the clocks ticked down now and they have to face hard decisions and their conscience and put the country out of its misery.
Nigel Farage is far from a joke, and the Tories especially know it. At it's peak, his UKIP Party took a lot of votes especially from the Tories. That didn't get translated into MPs because of our political system as it stands. But, he got millions of votes.

He then withdrew at the moment of his triumph. I just thought he was spent after many years fighting for a vote on EU membership. But, he's back recharged, and ready to go. He has millions who believe in him, and there isn't one politician here who can beat him in debate. He is too smart for them, and they know it.

Your sneering at him, comparing him to the Monster Raving Looney Party, to me, shows your fear of him, and the power of his words. People listen to him, and you know it.

I know you are fighting in your own interests, and there is nothing wrong with that. I am concerned for those of us who haven't left the country. I'm not even concerned for myself, just the young of especially England, whose lives have been blighted by mass immigration, and when expressing concern, told to shut up racists. We are sick of it, and want change. We won't get it in the EU, just more of the same.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:02 AM

34,114 posts, read 83,086,457 times
Quote:
We need to leave the EU, and find a different way forward for the future.
Can you fill in the dots?
I'm had pressed to see any such need.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Nigel Farage is far from a joke, and the Tories especially know it. At it's peak, his UKIP Party took a lot of votes especially from the Tories. That didn't get translated into MPs because of our political system as it stands. But, he got millions of votes.

He then withdrew at the moment of his triumph. I just thought he was spent after many years fighting for a vote on EU membership. But, he's back recharged, and ready to go. He has millions who believe in him, and there isn't one politician here who can beat him in debate. He is too smart for them, and they know it.

Your sneering at him, comparing him to the Monster Raving Looney Party, to me, shows your fear of him, and the power of his words. People listen to him, and you know it.

I know you are fighting in your own interests, and there is nothing wrong with that. I am concerned for those of us who haven't left the country. I'm not even concerned for myself, just the young of especially England, whose lives have been blighted by mass immigration, and when expressing concern, told to shut up racists. We are sick of it, and want change. We won't get it in the EU, just more of the same.
I am not fighting for my interests and nor are you, we are just debating things going on that neither of us have any say in unless there is a vote.

I would like a vote to address the lies that led us to this very poor situation and you would prefer not to have one for fear of it being addressed and keeping the UK in the EU.

We do however have some common ground, both of us are not thinking of ourselves, neither of us will be affected by the final result.

We do however differ because

You think the Uk is better off out, from previous posts because of the immigration in your area and believe youngsters would have a better future with less immigration.

I believe the UKs better in because the EU enabled me to travel freely and build a business and life that I doubt I would have had without these freedoms so see the benefits of closer intergration and want others to have those opportunities.

I don’t think either of us are wrong, we just see the EU from our own perspectives and so does everyone else.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:14 AM

434 posts, read 248,512 times
Quote:

The worrying thing is with a fractured Tory party, no deal exit & and a tanking economy Corbyn well get in by default.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:14 AM

5,411 posts, read 3,613,693 times
there is no way we can stay in the EU now after all the sneering and abusive remarks by Juncker, Tusk and co over the last 2 or 3 years and especially most recently and i'm surprised that even remainers aren't just as appalled by their remarks.
it may take some time but it will happen, 27 countries have to agree to an extension and i'm not sure they all will, so it may be delayed a few months but it will happen, the European elections are going to be fun if the time limit means we have to vote, we'll send 70 Farages to Brussels lets see how they like that!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom