Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 04:39 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,278,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I agree.
To have the worst Tory and Labour leader ever both holding office at the same time is an extraordinary coincidence.
It's no coincidence, it's a symptom of the circumstances in politics in general. It seems people are content with not failing, instead of succeeding. You can't succeed by not failing, all you do is tread water, and anyone who's tread water for any period of time will tell you, it only delays your drowning.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:06 AM

5,408 posts, read 3,606,441 times
its because the 2 main parties have MP's and leaders who are only thinking about their own advancement and not what is right for the country, people who are doing what they want to do and not what their constituencies voted for. and i'm not just talking Brexit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 11:15 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,278,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
Talk about selective amnesia !!!!

It is going to court.
  1. The first was in a magistrates court to gain permission to take it to court. That has been accepted.
  2. A friend who is a lawyer says there is a formality that the next hearing is in the magistrates court. Who when seeing the type of case it is, will then direct it to the Crown Court as a matter course, taking a short while. A rubber stamp job.
  3. Johnson has been summonsed, so he has to turn up at the magistrates court. Not sure if he can allow his legal team to represent him at the Crown Court being absent.
Just to update.

This was dismissed as predicted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-48554853

Because there wasn't a case to answer for.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:10 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,514,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Just to update.

This was dismissed as predicted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-48554853

Because there wasn't a case to answer for.
I feel sorry for all those saps who crowd-funded this ludicrous case in the belief they had their Boris " Gotcha " moment.

Actually,on second thoughts,I think it's deeply hilarious ...

Old 06-09-2019, 02:34 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,623 times
Farage and Boris could compete as self inclined confidants and showmen.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:28 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,514,310 times
Peak Guardian.

A Ukranian journalist living in the US writing about Chernobyl in order to invoke the boogeyman of Brexit which was “engineered” by people who haven’t learned the lessons of callous, Soviet incompetence.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...nment_b-gdneco

Old 06-11-2019, 08:28 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,294,310 times
I'm looking forward to Brexit happening as soon as possible, the recent elections show that the public want it, provided the British people realise that Northern Ireland will likely get slightly messy again, I wish our neighbour well, it's a large enough economy to succeed independently, all the talk here is that our agriculture sector will face enormous consequences but climate change policy will change that sector far more than brexit anyway.

Regarding the tory leader race, my choice would be Stewart though of course he won't win

Old 06-11-2019, 02:23 PM

Leaving the EU has become a mess and that is due to routine mainstream politics and that too many MP's have ignored not only the willed decision of the people but also the outcome of the EU elections here in Gt Britain. I would say that irish_bob's thoughts on Rory Stewart basically has a lot to be commended for and has a good corner but would also agree unfortunately that he will not win. Pity.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:41 PM

1,877 posts, read 678,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post

Regarding the tory leader race, my choice would be Stewart though of course he won't win
I know it shouldn't be an issue but he is a bit odd looking.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:36 PM

I note that wee pompous woman Sturgeon had the nerve to head to the EU for her stance. The hard fact is she has no right to do so and is simply the First Minister of one part of the UK not the country as a whole. Now the government I understand is going to limit her power in that to date the First Minister would have assistance in procedures from the Foreign & Commonwealth Dept but a news report has said this will cease. She has done this supercilious stuff before and a nuisance. Because Scotland and Ulster did not vote in a majority to leave the EU makes no dashed right for her and her lot to act as if they are some country independently. Gt Britain voted to leave and that is dashed well it and she has no right toact as she does. I would also remind that Scotland financially depends more on trade with the rest of GB NOT somewhere else!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom