Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 02:51 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,463,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
There's not even a million Poles mate from a much more populous country, now there's going to be a million Albanians? Sure.

In any case Brexit is going to happen soon enough, labour and the SNP are a bunch of big girl's blouses and we will soon be able to employ our own immigration rules.
I believe the figure I read of Poles arriving here in a short time, was 850,000. Nobody seems quite sure just how many. Once Albanians are given the opportunity, they will leave Albania in droves looking for opportunities elsewhere. Let them look within Europe, we have enough foreigners already.

Yes, Brexit is coming. Two steps forward, one back. Some are still trying to stop it happening. They will fail. We know who they are, and will ensure their political careers come to an end.

The first will be Jeremy Corbyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 06:16 PM

6,066 posts, read 6,036,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I believe the figure I read of Poles arriving here in a short time, was 850,000. Nobody seems quite sure just how many. Once Albanians are given the opportunity, they will leave Albania in droves looking for opportunities elsewhere. Let them look within Europe, we have enough foreigners already.

Yes, Brexit is coming. Two steps forward, one back. Some are still trying to stop it happening. They will fail. We know who they are, and will ensure their political careers come to an end.

I thought it was the Turks being used as whipping boys for the anti immigrant pro Brexit brigades? You say Albanians? Many already in EU be that Italy, France or Germany.
But no worries UK making it easier for Indian overseas students to remain in country after studies with the carrot of PR possibilities as well. British universities will applaud the measures, but a back door immigration entry.

Stop it happening? Well no not really. Just had over a million people in London call for a new referendum.
Why not? So much has changed since the original was put to the vote.

Old 10-20-2019, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
I thought it was the Turks being used as whipping boys for the anti immigrant pro Brexit brigades? You say Albanians? Many already in EU be that Italy, France or Germany.
But no worries UK making it easier for Indian overseas students to remain in country after studies with the carrot of PR possibilities as well. British universities will applaud the measures, but a back door immigration entry.

Stop it happening? Well no not really. Just had over a million people in London call for a new referendum.
There aren't the numbers in Parliament to get a second referendum troubadour, you know that. Sooner or later, there will be a General Election. Johnson will win it easily. The public aren't blaming him for the fiasco yesterday.

Once he has more MPs, he will be able to do as he pleases.

Nobody takes any notice of marchers in London. How many has there been now this last year or so? We know they are just part of the deluded group who think they can stop Brexit. They dress it up as wanting another referendum, similar to some in Parliament.

We are leaving the EU. Even those within the EU now accept it. Time to get it done.

Old 10-20-2019, 02:45 AM

7,864 posts, read 10,349,454 times
Quote:

Can't see how the the DUP have endeared themselves to the brexiteers by their antics yesterday

Promiscuous bunch politically and utterly self serving

Old 10-20-2019, 02:49 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,530,373 times
Quote:

Nowhere near a million.
And certainly nowhere near 17.4 million.

Old 10-20-2019, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
Can't see how the the DUP have endeared themselves to the brexiteers by their antics yesterday

Promiscuous bunch politically and utterly self serving
They represent a frightened people Bob. I accept that. They feel under siege, and the 'never give an inch' mentality is always to the fore. They fear being treated differently than the rest of the UK, hence the way they voted.

I read with interest Ulsterman's posts in the Irish thread, and do understand his way of thinking. I have great sympathy for it.

But, we can't allow the small minority of people in northern Ireland, control the well over 50 million living in England. We want out of the EU, and the DUP are standing in our way. With their votes, Boris Johnson has a great chance of getting his deal through. Without them, much more difficult.

The DUP were bought off after the 2017 election, to prop up the Tory government. Doesn't appear money will do it this time. In that case, **** 'em. A way will be found to get this deal through. The DUP, Oliver Letwin, or the brain washed marching through London won't stop it.

Old 10-20-2019, 04:48 AM

Did anybody notice Diane Abbott dozing off yesterday, during the Brexit speeches?

Potential Home Secretary? Gawd help us.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Did anybody notice Diane Abbott dozing off yesterday, during the Brexit speeches?

Potential Home Secretary? Gawd help us.
Well no but do recall Mogg's total disdain for Parliament with his horizontal antics. The poster boy of the Right.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Nowhere near a million.
And certainly nowhere near 17.4 million.
How can you state that? Every thing points to at least a million from what I read. Second only to the protests against the Iraq war. There's a very god reason Brexiteers are against another referendum.
That being they fear they would not repeat the previous result.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
How can you state that? Every thing points to at least a million from what I read. Second only to the protests against the Iraq war. There's a very god reason Brexiteers are against another referendum.
That being they fear they would not repeat the previous result.
You know what troubadour, I hear a subdued panic in your words. You know the way this is going don't you? You feel it, and sense it. The war is lost.

Your Jeremy Corbyn is on the run. He isn't going to win any General Elections. His trusty right hand woman, Diane Abbott, at a most important time in Parliament, chose to doze off during the debate. They're done mate. The upcoming General Election will be a triumph for Boris Johnson.

Let 'em march until they're blue in the face. The politicians know the truth. This has been coming for decades. Time to leave the EU. They know it. In your heart, you know it. I know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom