Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2023, 11:37 AM

7,356 posts, read 4,138,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisthemedic View Post
He knows all along he is a SPARE.
He has no marketable skills,now he is burning the bridge.
The 2 Dannish princes and the Greek one as well were working in a shipping company at one time atfer graduating from school,I dont know why his father cant set him up in any British firm instead of following his wife into showbiz.
Most jobs require a college degree and Harry isn't the brightest.

Quote:
How the Royal Family did in their A levels - including Princes William and Harry, Kate and Meghan
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie all took their A-levels just like everybody else.

While you could expect the best private education to give you the best grades, this hasn't really been the case for the Royals, as they have a real mixed bag of exam results under their belts.

The Queen spent her former days learning the ropes of the monarchy, but her children had a more normalised experience of education, with all the younger Royals studying for their A levels, and almost all going on to university.

Here's how some of the Royal Family did in their A level exams:

Prince William was educated at independent schools and attended the well-known Eton College in 1995. By 2000, he'd picked up fairly mixed results at A level with an A in geography, a B in art and a C in biology.

Straight out of Eton, William went on a gap year, where he took part in army training in Belize and visited Africa. The following year, William went on to study History of Art at the University of St Andrews in Scotland, and then later changed course to geography.

He achieved an upper second-class honours in 2005. St Andrews University was where he met his future wife, Catherine Middleton.

Although Prince Harry no longer uses the 'royal highness' title, he is still officially a prince and is sixth-in-line to the throne. Slightly less academic than his big brother, Harry achieved two passes with a B in art and a D in geography back in 2003.

On the announcement, his father said in a statement on the royal website: "I am very proud of Harry. He has worked hard for these examinations and I am very pleased with today’s results." Similarly to his brother, he studied at Eton College, but unlike William he decided against university.

The Duke of Sussex excelled in sports and instead pursued a successful career in the army. Before this, Harry took on a gap year where he travelled across the country to Australia, Africa and Argentina.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...20in%20History

Harry seems to have trouble fitting in everywhere.

Quote:
According to The Cut, an old schoolmate named Jim (who graduated in 2004) revealed that William had an easier time fitting in than Harry.

“William was very integrated,” Jim said. “There’s this sort of society in your top year where if you’re kind of popular or beloved by teachers and boys alike you get voted into the Eton society, which is known as ‘Pop,’ and you got to choose your own waistcoat and wear special trousers. William was a Pop so he was like a homecoming-king type, but Harry wasn’t — I think Harry probably had it harder finding his way.”
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...ate-said.html/

If Harry had gone to college, done well and was well liked, he would have a real job now. But he didn't go to college, has a bad boy reputation from drug and alcohol use, partying and playing strip pokers - https://www.tmz.com/2012/08/21/princ...s-hotel-party/

I'm sure Greek and Danish royals were serious people who worked hard. So far, that isn't Harry.

He still has time to attend college, graduate and get a good job like the other royal families of Europe. He doesn't seem to want it. It's the saddest dimension of his story and his book Spare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2023, 11:40 AM

22,859 posts, read 6,440,379 times
Harry, leave America, go home……oh wait, you’ve burned that bridge…..

Old 01-14-2023, 11:52 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
I’m having a tough time finishing this book. So far, he’s just completed boot camp and it’s endless whining and entitlement. It’s like Harry Potter angst when he’s falsely accused by the Daily Prophet.

Old 01-14-2023, 11:57 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,070,918 times
Kate was spot on here

"Talking therapies don't work for some"

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...5ffaddf1d0da45

Old 01-14-2023, 12:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Just sayin' I have a lot of compassion for Harry and MM...no one's perfect ...they need some therapy,
as we all do, imo. Lots of childhood injustices have been done to us, and, boy,
do we have baggage.

It's the stupid move Harry made writing this book that's my issue.
I still like them just fine...and wish them well.

Old 01-14-2023, 01:10 PM

18,529 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I’m having a tough time finishing this book. So far, he’s just completed boot camp and it’s endless whining and entitlement. It’s like Harry Potter angst when he’s falsely accused by the Daily Prophet.
Refusing to buy or read the book I wonder if he told that when in the army everyone had to be checked for drugs but Harry was summoned quickly back to the palace ... so never had the test done..

Old 01-14-2023, 02:21 PM

2,342 posts, read 851,437 times
You've read the Book !

Now see the Movie !

The fight for justice continues

Prince Harry............... played by Terry Thomas

Princess Meghan.......... played by Barbara Windsor

Old 01-14-2023, 02:32 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,440,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Austen View Post
You've read the Book !

Now see the Movie !

The fight for justice continues

Prince Harry............... played by Terry Thomas

Princess Meghan.......... played by Barbara Windsor
Hey, I liked Terry Thomas, don’t put Harry in the same class (clueless) as him….

Old 01-14-2023, 04:21 PM

119 posts, read 72,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
Yes, correct. And did we hear the moaning and groaning from Anne, Andrew and Edward as they were growing up or as adults about being spares? Maybe I missed their complaining and whining.
His situation is different,he married outside his circle.
But he was warned prior to marriage.
It seems all celebrities,royal or not royal pay a price,look at Elvis daughter and grandkids.
The saddest case is the Shah of Iran 's children,they cannot adjust to a civilian life.

Old 01-14-2023, 04:25 PM

119 posts, read 72,025 times
I dont think a college degree is why Harry cant find a job,it is just a piece of paper.
Given his grooming and exposure,he may not need a degree,if his father can place him in a job with a Brtish company,he will learn.Bill Gates did not get a degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom