Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2023, 04:31 PM

119 posts, read 72,025 times

Advertisements

Harry's father can easily place Harry in a job with a British co and he will learn about business and earn a salary,I dont know why his father,now a king,is not wiling to do that for his son.
so now he has a TV show,he wrote a book,what next?
Soon Americans are tired of following them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2023, 04:52 PM

1,385 posts, read 726,088 times
I thought Harry had a job. Wasn't he made some part of a mental health group? I wonder how productive he actually is in that role.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/23/prin...-start-up.html

Old 01-14-2023, 07:52 PM

2,342 posts, read 851,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisthemedic View Post
Harry's father can easily place Harry in a job with a British co and he will learn about business and earn a salary,I dont know why his father,now a king,is not wiling to do that for his son.
The King is not going to use his position to get Harry into a high paying job with some great big corporation.

Plainly that would only draw criticism from the media and general public alike. It's called abuse of privilege

Old 01-15-2023, 12:08 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
https://nypost.com/2023/01/11/prince...-sales-record/

Prince Harry’s controversial autobiography “Spare” has shattered the United Kingdom’s record for the best-selling nonfiction book in history, its publisher announced on Tuesday.

“Spare,” which details Harry’s account of his various personal troubles and contentious relationship with other members of the royal family, has sold approximately 400,000 copies in hardback, e-book and audio formats since its official release Tuesday.

“We always knew this book would fly but it is exceeding even our most bullish expectations,” Transworld Penguin Random House managing director Larry Finlay said in a statement on the sales record.

“As far as we know, the only books to have sold more in their first day are those starring the other Harry (Potter),” the statement added.

The book appears to be very successful.
Duke of Sussex hasn't got the brains to write copy for a packet of crisps. Book was written largely by a ghostwriter who took raw material and cobbled things together into a coherent bit for publication.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...stwriter-sales

https://www.economist.com/the-econom...ys-ghostwriter

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/12/prin...ke-memoir.html

Last edited by BugsyPal; 01-15-2023 at 12:29 AM..

Old 01-15-2023, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
Scary, isn't it?! Yes, and he and the other numbskull are raising 2 children.
More scary is PH has gone on record attacking P of Wales parenting of HRH's children.

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/71...iams-children/

Old 01-15-2023, 12:17 AM

Somewhere Duke and Duchess of Windsor are leffing their a$$es off.

PH is taking the pi$$ not just off his brother but King, Queen and entire BRF. Aided and abetted in this are the gullible public, especially outside of UK, that cannot get enough of anything related to BRF.

You know that Markle woman is largely behind all this and feels she's getting some her own back at last.

Old 01-15-2023, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
Yes, correct. And did we hear the moaning and groaning from Anne, Andrew and Edward as they were growing up or as adults about being spares? Maybe I missed their complaining and whining.
Princess Anne was never in the running. Until laws were recently changed Duke of York and Earl of Wessex (and their heirs) came before her in terms of the succession. In fact those changes only apply to children of Prince William and Prince Harry along with successive generations. If Prince George of Wales sires a daughter first she would be first of her generation in line for succession regardless of how many sons follow.

Both Prince Andrew and Prince Edward likely sussed early on neither would ever stand more than a remote chance at succeeding to throne. Advances in modern healthcare, hygiene and so forth meant chances of Prince Charles dying in his youth or as young man were slim to none. Once then POW marred and sired children, that was that.

Duke of York took the common path for spare sons of monarch, a career in the Force and made quite a good go of things.

OTOH Prince Edward took more artistic path but also has devoted himself to service for the nation.

Old 01-15-2023, 02:15 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Austen View Post
The King is not going to use his position to get Harry into a high paying job with some great big corporation.

Plainly that would only draw criticism from the media and general public alike. It's called abuse of privilege
a bit like when in Afghanistan with the army...Harry was the only soldier not to have a drugs test done... he was sent back for palace work..

Old 01-15-2023, 03:00 AM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisthemedic View Post
Well if the King got his son a job which he was unqualified for, I think the public would not like it. It would be seen as corrupt.

Plus what makes you think PH even wants a job? Clearly (imo) he does not want to work too hard, or get a real job. I could respect him if he were to work for a living, instead of living off inheritances & selling dirty laundry. As it is, I have lost all respect for him.

Old 01-15-2023, 04:18 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I'm not going to buy the book, but looking at the cover, it is quite clear that Harry really has his feelings hurt that he doesn't get to be the king.
OH my god what a thought...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom