Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dislike partly cloudy weather?
Dislike 9 18.00%
Like 41 82.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 08:35 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,449,689 times

Advertisements

This is our sky this morning, and I like it better than if there were no clouds whatsoever.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 08:53 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,042,509 times
I only like partly cloudy when it's those thin clouds, no cumulus. I prefer when it's mostly overcast but with some spaces in the clouds that the sun shines through occasionally. Clear and fully overcast are fine also.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:36 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,580,600 times
Sunny spells and 50% cloud cover is the norm here in southern England between April and September, the rest of the year is goddam overcast! And yea I hate it! I wanna move to Brisbane, Aussie land where there's sun almost all the time, the summers a quite hot and the winters are quite warm to!

Old 08-07-2014, 01:57 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,664,790 times
I'd prefer clear skies but partly cloudy is not bad.

I absolutely HATE overcast skies, if it is cloudy it should at least be raining. Overcast skies also trap the humidity, right now it is almost overcast(I see one patch of blue) and it is humid. Rain all day is better than overcast all day, then it helps the vegetation.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:10 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,814,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Sunny spells and 50% cloud cover is the norm here in southern England between April and September, the rest of the year is goddam overcast! And yea I hate it! I wanna move to Brisbane, Aussie land where there's sun almost all the time, the summers a quite hot and the winters are quite warm to!
My sister lives in Brisbane and she loves it there. She came back to England last year for a couple of months, and she couldn't wait to go back down under! She hated how gloomy and cool it is here.
I can really understand why people from around the world dislike our climate.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:09 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,580,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
My sister lives in Brisbane and she loves it there. She came back to England last year for a couple of months, and she couldn't wait to go back down under! She hated how gloomy and cool it is here.
I can really understand why people from around the world dislike our climate.
I see your from up north? No way I'd wanna life up there, I know it's overcast most of the time and chilly there! When I was coming back from Scotland with the family in late August, we decided to stop off at Morecambe to get fresh air, it was a mostly sunny day and everyone wore shorts and t-shirts. While us southerners were shivering in our jeans and jumpers as it was only 17C max, where I life that's would be considered a min temp in August. But what really made us laugh was the fact that the local radio was raving about it being a sunny day and saying how "warm" it was, that goes to show you how gloomy it is up there!
But it's not all bad where you life, I mean the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District, North York Moors and all that green, green farm land distinctive of the "Last of the Summer wine", I mean you do life in a beautiful spot country wise. A sunny day in the northern country side is many times better than a sunny day in the Hampshire country side. But the weather is much better in Hampshire! Look at it on the bright side, you can't get the Yorkshire Dales in Brisbane!

Old 08-08-2014, 08:57 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,591,349 times
I used to live in Brisbane and it's far from sunny most of the time. You get clear sunny days in winter, but the rest of the year is usually partly cloudy, and in summer it rains all the time. The temperatues are great, though (21/11C in the middle of winter, 30/21 in mid-summer).

Old 08-08-2014, 09:27 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,449,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
I used to live in Brisbane and it's far from sunny most of the time. You get clear sunny days in winter, but the rest of the year is usually partly cloudy, and in summer it rains all the time. The temperatues are great, though (21/11C in the middle of winter, 30/21 in mid-summer).
Sounds great. It seems to be lacking in thunderstorms though, how much of the summer rain was associated with lightning?

Old 08-08-2014, 11:59 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,814,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
I see your from up north? No way I'd wanna life up there, I know it's overcast most of the time and chilly there! When I was coming back from Scotland with the family in late August, we decided to stop off at Morecambe to get fresh air, it was a mostly sunny day and everyone wore shorts and t-shirts. While us southerners were shivering in our jeans and jumpers as it was only 17C max, where I life that's would be considered a min temp in August. But what really made us laugh was the fact that the local radio was raving about it being a sunny day and saying how "warm" it was, that goes to show you how gloomy it is up there!
But it's not all bad where you life, I mean the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District, North York Moors and all that green, green farm land distinctive of the "Last of the Summer wine", I mean you do life in a beautiful spot country wise. A sunny day in the northern country side is many times better than a sunny day in the Hampshire country side. But the weather is much better in Hampshire! Look at it on the bright side, you can't get the Yorkshire Dales in Brisbane!
Yeah the countryside is really beautiful around here. I really missed living here, and I'm now glad to be back.
BTW, there's quite a difference between York and Morecambe weatherwise. Its certainly warmer and much drier here. Summer temperatures here are very similar to what you would get in Hampshire, just cloudier.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:08 PM

336 posts, read 398,255 times
The only partly cloudy situation I dislike is when there are contrails.

Cumulus clouds are great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather