Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 01:23 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times

Advertisements

Euro bulds in a deep trough and continues the pattern we were in after the weekend.

Take a look at the 850mb temps from the latest Euro12z. Notice Thursdays extremely hot for 4000'. but by next week that level drops back to the 30s which translates to 50s / 70s at surface.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 01:25 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Funny you said that, Looking at my weather station, winds are from the EastSouthEast and temps are increasing now. Its coming, RUN! LOL. Windows are closed A/C is on. Tomorrow shades stay closed all day. I know someone who keeps all the windows and doors open during the day, then turns the a/c on in the evening. Its Wasting energy because its working harder to cool the house down.
Currently 73 F with a dewpoint of 64 F (74% humidity) here. Still nice enough to leave the windows open, at least until tomorrow. Though tonight is going to be a little warm (65 F).

Old 06-19-2012, 01:29 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,732,125 times
Cool and overcast, 20°C/68°F high today. Next couple of days should be better with temps in the upper 70s. It will feel like a heatwave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
No air conditioners to activate; I'll let you know how many indoor temperature fares if anyone's curious. I'm on the ground floor now; I'm going to try to close shades and windows during the day when I'm not there and then open it up and activate the fans at night.

Wait… I haven't even taken out fans yet in my new place. There's been no need yet.
You're doing it the parisian way lol. Though you're a bit more equipped, no fans or ground floor here. Good luck with keeping your house cool.
Last year in similar conditions (short hot spell in an otherwise cool month) in late June my room's temperature topped out at 86. Let's see if you can beat me at keeping your indoors bearable.
Btw, will it be humid, dry or a bit of a mix?

Old 06-19-2012, 01:30 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
It's interesting to see no one really making a big deal out of this. I mean it isn't a big deal but the media usually makes a big deal out of the first major heat we get (although we hit 90 already).

Mid/Upper 90's for tomorrow & Thursday. Friday is another 90+ possibility.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:36 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
You're doing it the parisian way lol. Though you're a bit more equipped, no fans or ground floor here. Good luck with keeping your house cool.
Last year in similar conditions (short hot spell in an otherwise cool month) in late June my room's temperature topped out at 86. Let's see if you can beat me at keeping your indoors bearable.
Btw, will it be humid, dry or a bit of a mix?
Humid, though not the worst it can get. Dewpoints high 60s, maybe around 70°F. Forecasts aren't clear.

I've enjoyed short spells in the mid 90s for being interesting when it's a dry heat. The humid ones are just to be endured. Really only 2 days, but it's been so cool I don't mind all that much.

I was on the third floor until last month. Generally I had the fans except on the coolest days or the heat might build up and it'd get stuffy. What indoor temperatures do you tend to get?

I'm a bit surprised that you can do without fans. Was trying to convince someone in a NYC apartment that if he blasted his fans his place would be comfy on most summer days.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:38 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times
My temp is going up at a rate of 3.4 an hour. Currently 78. Dew 52. Humidity 41. You can tell the entire atmosphere is shifting and pulling the warmer air.

Current Temps(afternoon): Here it comes. By this time tomorrow whole East coast will be in those reds and purple numbers. lol

Old 06-19-2012, 02:01 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,732,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Humid, though not the worst it can get. Dewpoints high 60s, maybe around 70°F. Forecasts aren't clear.
That would be labelled as quite humid here, though nothing compared to those tropical dew points you got last July.

Quote:
I've enjoyed short spells in the mid 90s for being interesting when it's a dry heat. The humid ones are just to be endured. Really only 2 days, but it's been so cool I don't mind all that much.

I was on the third floor until last month. Generally I had the fans except on the coolest days or the heat might build up and it'd get stuffy. What indoor temperatures do you tend to get?
Indoors are mostly in the 70s, extremes being around 65 and 85 in summer. What about yours?

Quote:
I'm a bit surprised that you can do without fans. Was trying to convince someone in a NYC apartment that if he blasted his fans his place would be comfy on most summer days.
I never though about it since our summers are mostly cool or lukewarm, even if it might be useful during the odd hot spell. To be honest I never slept with fans and always thought they would be of very minor help. Now that I read your comments, it appears that I was wrong. Still much less needed that in NYC.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:22 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post

Indoors are mostly in the 70s, extremes being around 65 and 85 in summer. What about yours?
Probably about the same, but it often gets into the low 80s inside on warmer days. Depends on which part gets sun exposure.

Our temperatures aren't rising anymore, 73°F now high was 74°F. Cloudy the whole day. It's gotten somewhat humid (dewpoint 63°F), higher than the last few weeks (from what I remember).

Old 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Euro bulds in a deep trough and continues the pattern we were in after the weekend.

Take a look at the 850mb temps from the latest Euro12z. Notice Thursdays extremely hot for 4000'. but by next week that level drops back to the 30s which translates to 50s / 70s at surface.
Mt. Washington should record some rather high temps then.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:28 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
The temperature hasn't topped 84 F all day here and it's been overcast...some heavy rain is supposed to move in tonight. I feel like I'm living in a high altitude tropical monsoon climate right now lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather