Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 09:30 PM

3,341 posts, read 5,561,700 times

Advertisements

I'm in western Montana and it was still 80F at 9pm.

Looks like thunderstorms will be a factor here the next few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 09:42 PM

83,540 posts, read 75,390,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
All this talk of this "polar" outbreak lol. The ensemble GFS forecast shows a couple days of cooler temps, but nothing stupidly below average. As usual summer has a low std deviation of temps.

Right after the "vortex" looks like we go right back up. I love it. Nothing too hot, and we are getting E to SE winds again.

"Nice try". Lol. Sounds like you think I created the map. Lol. Apparently it wasn't updated at the time. The max temp came in after that. Here's the updated map. Thanks for pointing it out. I thought those 70s looked wrong. Lol We've been well above normal here.

And yes.. the EC wont feel the true effects of the "cold pool". Northern new England more then mid Atlantic. Mid West more than Northeast. Moderation sucks.

Will last more than couple days for central U.S. we'll see for the East. Still long range.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:54 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,940,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
"Nice try". Lol. Sounds like you think I created the map. Lol. Apparently it wasn't updated at the time. The max temp came in after that. Here's the updated map. Thanks for pointing it out. I thought those 70s looked wrong. Lol We've been well above normal here.

And yes.. the EC wont feel the true effects of the "cold pool". Northern new England more then mid Atlantic. Mid West more than Northeast. Moderation sucks

Sorry I thought you got that map from your weather site. That is central PA NOAA. I asked them in an email about providing that for the whole country. Their answer was "no way" and they explained it was their own little idea to do that. Sometimes NOAA is stupid. The whole country should get those maps, and every part of the US should have sunshine data recorded electronically according to WMO. And maybe they should work on getting their model to be the best in the world cause right now GFS is anything but.

On a side note, take heart. My fav weather blogger has next winter colder and more severe than the last.

The Weather Centre

Same culprit as last year, the warm water in the NE Pacific that I assume will never go away for years and years, or so it seems. But this time combined with blocking over Greenland. Can you say 1980's cold all over again. Probably for years as that warm water isn't going anywhere. Why is that pool of water so stubborn? Any ideas.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:13 PM

29,543 posts, read 19,640,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post

The Weather Centre

Same culprit as last year, the warm water in the NE Pacific that I assume will never go away for years and years, or so it seems. But this time combined with blocking over Greenland. Can you say 1980's cold all over again. Probably for years as that warm water isn't going anywhere. Why is that pool of water so stubborn? Any ideas.

Just read that. I'm hoping for a similar winter to last winter. That would be perfect

Unfortunately it looks as if our two months of above normal temps (May and June) will be coming to end end this warm season. I highly doubt this July will end up anywhere near or above average

High was only 79F/26C today. LAME

Saturday and Sunday temps will be more seasonal, higher humidity levels... Potential severe weather

Old 07-10-2014, 11:49 PM

719 posts, read 615,429 times
According to Global BC and the Weather Channel, Penticton is forecasted to break it's all time record high on Wednesday with a high of 41ºC.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:41 AM

3,990 posts, read 3,401,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
High was only 79F/26C today. LAME
That's nothing! My high yesterday was 15.5c, 11.2c below average. We (and some other places in Europe) have had our coldest July day this century yesterday. I didn't think I'd miss the warmth so quickly.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:53 AM

another above normal morning.

8 of 11 days this month at BDR had above norm minimum.. only 1 day had below normal mean so far.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:06 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,217,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
another above normal morning.

8 of 11 days this month at BDR had above norm minimum.. only 1 day had below normal mean so far.
Same here, bit its much nicer than yesterday morning. Down to 64.4 F , but that's still 0.7 F above our average low. And the polar vortex won't even make it here. I don't see lows below 57 F, and that's my minimum requirement to consider it as a cold period at this point.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:46 AM

Same Look, Different Season.
Same Pattern. Different Results.

CPC 6-10 Day outlook July 14-18 on left. January 6-10 on right.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/610day/

Old 07-11-2014, 05:04 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candle View Post
I'm in western Montana and it was still 80F at 9pm.

Looks like thunderstorms will be a factor here the next few days.
Wow, that's horrible. I thought they always cooled off pretty quickly there? Maybe just a really unlucky, anomalous event?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather