Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2016, 06:33 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,372,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
lol when they go ice fishing they have little shantys, they're not outside:

It's hard for me to speak for everyone, but winter is definitely "cabin fever season" in Minnesota. I used to do some business there, thankfully it was mostly in the summer. So when the company flew me in the summer, I was shocked to learn they instituted a "Summer Working Hours", which was leave at noon(!). I asked them what this was about, and they told me it was just so people can enjoy being outside before the cold weather came back, it rolled back on Labor Day.
Not everybody uses those. There's people who are actually outside while ice fishing.

And they still do the other activities that you mentioned. Do you think people are wrong for liking cold weather or something? I still don't get what point you're constantly trying to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 06:35 PM

892 posts, read 861,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc_Anyday_Everyday View Post
A spa water temperature of 200 F will feel much less extreme than a 10 F air temperature. Of course thats easy to survive. A 200 F air temperature you would die instantly.
You are even more brilliant than I thought.

Since you don't know anything apparently, a "sauna" is this:

And yes, it's kept at 200F, and no people don't die instantaneously. In fact, people stay for 10-30 minutes depending on conditioning.

And see I didn't even you charge you for that lesson.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
A spa water temperature of 200 F will feel much less extreme than a 10 F air temperature. Of course thats easy to survive. A 200 F air temperature you would die instantly. Not so if its a 10 F air temperature and dressed properly. I never said 10 F was not dangerous. Stop being sarcastic.

The more you post here the more retarded I think you are.
This is a man who wears jackets at 80 F. He's not really to be taken seriously.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Do you think people are wrong for liking cold weather or something? I still don't get what point you're constantly trying to make.
No, I think the reason people like cold is primarily psychological. The most common reason is being embarrassed of your body and wanting to be covered in clothing.

But ofc, if I say this, I will get a bunch of "nuh-uh I have a great body" so it's no point. Just enjoy if you actually like cold weather, but that doesn't change how dangerous it is. People like things that are dangerous all the time.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:39 PM

173 posts, read 159,828 times
Quote:
This is a man who wears jackets at 80 F. He's not really to be taken seriously.
Lol.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
No, I think the reason people like cold is primarily psychological. The most common reason is being embarrassed of your body and wanting to be covered in clothing.

But ofc, if I say this, I will get a bunch of "nuh-uh I have a great body" so it's no point. Just enjoy if you actually like cold weather, but that doesn't change how dangerous it is. People like things that are dangerous all the time.
People like cold weather because it's more comfortable for them, that's all. Nothing "psychological" about it. In that same token, I can say people like hot weather because it reminds them of vacation. I know plenty of fatsos who like hot weather, but hate their bodies.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
People like cold weather because it's more comfortable for them, that's all. Nothing "psychological" about it. In that same token, I can say people like hot weather because it reminds them of vacation. I know plenty of fatsos who like hot weather, but hate their bodies.
Why do some people prefer cold weather | 2KnowMySelf

Old 04-06-2016, 06:43 PM

173 posts, read 159,828 times
Quote:
You are even more brilliant than I thought.

Since you don't know anything apparently, a "sauna" is this:

And yes, it's kept at 200F, and no people don't die instantaneously. In fact, people stay for 10-30 minutes depending on conditioning.

And see I didn't even you charge you for that lesson.
Thats still more dangerous than 10 F being dressed properly. You can survive for more prolonged times
at 10 F.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Lol, OMG I am now all of a sudden a new person!!! Wow, I'm glad that article really told me why I like cold weather!!!! OMG, thank you for opening my eyes man. Wow....sweet relief.

Do you really take everything this article says as absolute truth? All I see in this article is pure speculation, no facts or actual studies.

The truth is, people have their reason for preferring hot or cold weather.

So according to this article, I prefer cold weather cause I have body image issues and am inactive?

Lol....riiiiight.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Thats still more dangerous than 10 F being dressed properly. You can survive for more prolonged times
at 10 F.
Whimper whimper, not so smart are you now? Had to have what a sauna means
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather