Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 12:13 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Ny influenced in the north. Philadelphia in the South.

An important distinction because there are cultural differences even independent of rural versus urban vs suburban distinctions in both South and North Jersey.

most of NJs cities are basically ghettos.
Pretty much. I like NJ overall, I grew up not too far from north NJ. But, I don't like north Jersey much. I like the region around Freehold. What I don't like about southeast PA is that when it came to planning, it's like somebody just threw up houses and streets without much thought. Driving around especially Montgomery County sucks in that regard

Old 07-16-2016, 12:15 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Camera clicks on Phil's downswing there... ugh, cameramen in the UK have lost their etiquette.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Pretty much. I like NJ overall, I grew up not too far from north NJ. But, I don't like north Jersey much. I like the region around Freehold. What I don't like about southeast PA is that when it came to planning, it's like somebody just threw up houses and streets without much thought. Driving around especially Montgomery County sucks in that regard
Freehold is in North Jersey.

I was born in Montgomery County. Some of my family lives there.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:34 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Freehold is in North Jersey.

I was born in Montgomery County. Some of my family lives there.
Really? I thought it was central. When I think of north Jersey I think of Elizabeth, the Oranges, Hoboken basically anywhere along I-80.

I grew up in Luzerne County

Old 07-16-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Really? I thought it was central. When I think of north Jersey I think of Elizabeth, the Oranges, Hoboken basically anywhere along I-80.

I grew up in Luzerne County
I have distant family in Hazelton, Luzerne County. Think it's where my paternal grandfather hailed from.

Imo, to us folks in South Jersey, there is no Central Jersey. If it's not South Jersey, it's North Jersey.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:51 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,342,651 times
I'm not a Jersey native, but North Jersey for me was always north of Monmouth/Middlesex Counties. South Jersey started around the southern half of Burlington/Ocean Counties. Central Jersey is everything in between and leans more towards NYC than Philly.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I'm not a Jersey native, but North Jersey for me was always north of Monmouth/Middlesex Counties. South Jersey started at Burlington and the southern half of Ocean County. Central Jersey is everything in between.
I think your definition of South Jersey is fair, at least. I know some people in far North Jersey think parts of Middlesex and Monmouth countries are South Jersey, which is preposterous.

Core South Jersey counties are Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic and Cape May.

Since you mention Ocean County, I'm not too familiar with the southern portions. Maybe some of it can be considered South Jersey.. not sure. but the area around Jackson, which is connected to Freehold, is not. And Seaside Heights us def a Northern beach town.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:14 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,342,651 times
Quote:
I think your definition of South Jersey is fair, at least. I know some people in far North Jersey think parts of Middlesex and Monmouth countries are South Jersey, which is preposterous.

Core South Jersey counties are Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic and Cape May.

Since you mention Ocean County, I'm not too familiar with the southern portions. Maybe some of it can be considered South Jersey.. not sure. but the area around Jackson, which is connected to Freehold, is not. And Seaside Heights us def a Northern beach town.
Ocean County is a little odd, I've always associated it with Central Jersey and the NYC area, but the fact that it extends so far south (to Maryland's latitude) made me feel it's southernmost areas probably lean more towards South Jersey than Central Jersey, however I'm not all that familiar with that part of Ocean County. But Jackson is definitely Central Jersey.

I can't view Seaside Heights as Northern, maybe for the Jersey Shore but not when the entire state is considered, I say it's Central Jersey, although it isn't far off from South Jersey.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:58 PM

13,488 posts, read 9,034,795 times
Do you think it would be bad to not attend my sisters wedding next year? She's not getting married until next July & I really, really don't want to go... I don't like her fiance (none of my family do), she has left him loads of times & he treats her like crap & we have hardly ever had anything to do with him. Add to that flights will be really expensive that time of the year, they are getting married at a posh hotel in Dorset & expecting people to stay at the hotel (extra expense) & she has told my Mum they have picked (meaning he has picked) a menu full of food that she knows none of our family will like. I'm really hoping she comes to her senses before next July & I know she would be upset if I didn't go, but it's not like I live down the road anyway...

Old 07-16-2016, 04:11 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Do you think it would be bad to not attend my sisters wedding next year? She's not getting married until next July & I really, really don't want to go... I don't like her fiance (none of my family do), she has left him loads of times & he treats her like crap & we have hardly ever had anything to do with him. Add to that flights will be really expensive that time of the year, they are getting married at a posh hotel in Dorset & expecting people to stay at the hotel (extra expense) & she has told my Mum they have picked (meaning he has picked) a menu full of food that she knows none of our family will like. I'm really hoping she comes to her senses before next July & I know she would be upset if I didn't go, but it's not like I live down the road anyway...
I would go only for her sake. I think, if you didn't go, she would be very upset. The honeymoon period will wear off eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather