Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 09:40 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,412,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I thought Asheville was more of a wealthy, liberal enclave in an otherwise conservative southern area.
It is, very liberal.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:46 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
You wouldn't like Asheville considering how much of a conservative you are. Any where outside of Asheville would be fine. Asheville is also warmer and less snowy than southern jersey so you wouldn't like the climate. Boone is much better, cooler summers than south jersey and similar winter averages with more snow.
I am NOT a conservative... best quote on American conservatism, in part, from Robert Lewis Dabney:

American conservatism is merely the shadow that follows Radicalism as it moves forward towards perdition. It remains behind it, but never retards it, and always advances near its leader. . . . Its impotency is not hard, indeed, to explain. It is worthless because it is the conservatism of expediency only, and not of sturdy principle. It intends to risk nothing serious for the sake of the truth, and has no idea of being guilty of the folly of martyrdom. It always when about to enter a protest very blandly informs the wild beast whose path it essays to stop, that its “bark is worse than its bite,” and that it only means to save its manners by enacting its decent role of resistance: The only practical purpose which it now serves in American politics is to give enough exercise to Radicalism to keep it “in wind,” and to prevent its becoming pursy and lazy, from having nothing to whip.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:46 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,335,423 times
Quote:
I know a Chilean family out here lol. I suppose that it has to do with the universities. They seem to accept lots of international students. Especially uncc, I attended my cousins graduation from there, every single student except for 4 who graduated with a masters in mechanical engineering where Indian, all from the same province too.
I wanted to go to UNCC too lol, my grades weren't high enough for an out of stater tho. I don't really like the state system too much tbh, if someone from NYC wants to study im San Diego or Miami, they should be able to

Old 07-17-2016, 09:52 AM

13,488 posts, read 9,036,858 times
I have now kind of decided not to go to my sisters wedding after speaking to my Mum on the phone...
The posh hotel in Dorset where the wedding is taking place has no relevance to my sister or her fiance & I asked my Mum why they were getting married so far away from Portsmouth where my sister is from (& even further away from where she now lives, near Guildford). Her fiance said it wasn't fair that only his family had to travel far to the wedding (they all live in Ireland) so us lot should have to travel too! Not only that but my Mum & younger sister are having to get to the hotel 2 days before the wedding as my sister (as well as 3 of my nieces) are going to be bridesmaids & need to be there for the wedding rehearsal. My Mum told me that rooms at the hotel in July are over £300 a NIGHT! And they expect me to stay there too, plus pay probably around £400 for a return flight & pay for trains/taxis to/from the airport as no one will be available to pick me up & I won't be able to stay at my Mum's as she won't be there & I have no way of getting to Dorset either! The final kick in the teeth is that my sister always told me she wanted me to give her away at her wedding (as our Dad passed away some years ago), but now no mention of that at all, only that my sister & nieces are to be bridesmaids

Old 07-17-2016, 09:53 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,412,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I am NOT a conservative... best quote on American conservatism, in part, from Robert Lewis Dabney:

American conservatism is merely the shadow that follows Radicalism as it moves forward towards perdition. It remains behind it, but never retards it, and always advances near its leader. . . . Its impotency is not hard, indeed, to explain. It is worthless because it is the conservatism of expediency only, and not of sturdy principle. It intends to risk nothing serious for the sake of the truth, and has no idea of being guilty of the folly of martyrdom. It always when about to enter a protest very blandly informs the wild beast whose path it essays to stop, that its “bark is worse than its bite,” and that it only means to save its manners by enacting its decent role of resistance: The only practical purpose which it now serves in American politics is to give enough exercise to Radicalism to keep it “in wind,” and to prevent its becoming pursy and lazy, from having nothing to whip.
What are you?

Old 07-17-2016, 09:54 AM

Wtf that's ridiculous! Who the **** can afford paying for such a hotel

Old 07-17-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
What are you?
Nothing that can be conceptualized in terms of American politics.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:57 AM

5,706 posts, read 3,778,506 times
2016 Open Championship probably the greatest golf tournament I've ever seen.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:59 AM

The plugs here are different so I can't use my laptop my orientation starts tomorrow and it would be nice to be able to have my laptop ready for it

Old 07-17-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
2016 Open Championship probably the greatest golf tournament I've ever seen.
Y yo tambien..

Why in the unhappy thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather