Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:18 AM

977 posts, read 1,817,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
No thanks, I like my rectum intact.
LOL. You don't want to go to "federal pound me in the a**" prison"?

I've read some accounts of really poor people purposely committing a crime so they could be in jail instead of the real world. If it weren't for the sexual and other assaults, I can see their pt of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,215,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
or a nice comfy lifestyle in jail
There is the fail point in your logic, jail is not comfy.

It is high stress because of the close confines, the nature of most of the people around you, and always being told exactly what/when to do things.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 AM

8,104 posts, read 12,830,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I wonder how many down and out adults who have basically nothing choose prison as a lifestyle, granted your freedoms are a bit limited but on the up side free room and board,free health-care,basically all your needs taken care of..And if there is a growing number of people pursuing this lifestyle what are the lesser crimes being committed to get you on this gravy train.
If i was single and in my senior years of life with no means of support i'd certainly entertain the thought of prison as a lifestyle alternative to being homeless and on the streets,,
You forgot to mention all the great "prison sex"........

Old 04-20-2012, 08:53 AM

878 posts, read 1,655,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC2k11 View Post
Because you hear all the time about ex-cons going back to prison because it's all they know... but I've never heard of anyone deliberately getting themselves sent to prison to avoid homelessness.

I guess it happens though... pretty pathetic if you ask me. That's the country club lifestyle of our prison system today though with the free room and board, cable TV... etc... etc... etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Right. Most idiotic and irresponsible thing I have ever heard.
What is exactly? This thread? The fact that ex-cons DO frequently go back to prison after release... or the fact that you have convicted murderers with TV's in the cell?

(My cousin is serving life in the state of Florida for murdering his girlfriend in cold blood and has a television in his cell)

If my post is the most idiotic and irresponsible thing you have ever heard, you need to get out more.

****ing moron.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 AM

18,487 posts, read 31,694,560 times
My BIL works in a correctional facility in LI, there is no sexual acts between anyone.

they are all a bunch of animals, trust me, you would rather be homeless than be there.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:31 AM

977 posts, read 1,817,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
It is high stress because of the close confines, the nature of most of the people around you, and always being told exactly what/when to do things.
If you think about it, that describes a lot of jobs.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,393,577 times
I've known several people over the years who have spent time in jail and from what they've told me while they'd rather be elsewhere its not as bad as tv makes it out to be and the sex thing isnt as prevalent as your imagination is telling you it is.
The idea behind the topic was would it be preferable in your later life (60+)to be incarcerated than living on the streets if your life took a financial turn for the worse.?,

Old 04-20-2012, 11:41 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,643,984 times
At least one nut job chose prison for medical care.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...nga1188971.DTL

Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,284,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
My BIL works in a correctional facility in LI, there is no sexual acts between anyone.

they are all a bunch of animals, trust me, you would rather be homeless than be there.
Yep. Incarceration means violence and exposure to MRSA. It also means exposure to HIV, but from other people's blood and bodily fluids via violence, not sex. It means crappy living quarters (no pun intended), awful food, dirt, grime, stink, rot, loss of privacy, and an early death.

I don't know what "country club" atmosphere some of the posters here are talking about. Maybe they're talking about Club Fed and white collar criminals. They sure aren't talking about Rikers, or even the local county lock-up.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:38 PM

18,487 posts, read 31,694,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Yep. Incarceration means violence and exposure to MRSA. It also means exposure to HIV, but from other people's blood and bodily fluids via violence, not sex. It means crappy living quarters (no pun intended), awful food, dirt, grime, stink, rot, loss of privacy, and an early death.

I don't know what "country club" atmosphere some of the posters here are talking about. Maybe they're talking about Club Fed and white collar criminals. They sure aren't talking about Rikers, or even the local county lock-up.

I agree, people have been watching way too much TV. This is not prison break, with all the little cuties walking around.

These are bad people, that do bad things.....really bad things.
These are people that have no respect for their own life, let alone yours.

The topic here though was if you are over 65, going to be homeless, wouldn't prison be better??.

I understand the concept, yes, roof over your head and food and medical.....but that would be a price to pay.

I rather be homeless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment