Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 01:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many down and out adults who have basically nothing choose prison as a lifestyle, granted your freedoms are a bit limited but on the up side free room and board,free health-care,basically all your needs taken care of..And if there is a growing number of people pursuing this lifestyle what are the lesser crimes being committed to get you on this gravy train.
If i was single and in my senior years of life with no means of support i'd certainly entertain the thought of prison as a lifestyle alternative to being homeless and on the streets,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 04:18 AM

878 posts, read 1,653,954 times
You seriously posted this?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:37 AM

If you think the concept is that far out why bother wasting your time replying to it.?

Old 04-20-2012, 05:08 AM

878 posts, read 1,653,954 times
Because you hear all the time about ex-cons going back to prison because it's all they know... but I've never heard of anyone deliberately getting themselves sent to prison to avoid homelessness.

I guess it happens though... pretty pathetic if you ask me. That's the country club lifestyle of our prison system today though with the free room and board, cable TV... etc... etc... etc...

Old 04-20-2012, 05:59 AM

It was just a concept that occurred to me,it wont be in my future as i have way too much money and security in my life and as for the sexual aspect i'm sure the guys who are into that would prefer the younger guys rather than the senior citizens.
But if the option were homelessness due to lack of funds or a nice comfy lifestyle in jail with everything taken care of i'd sure be giving the idea some thought...

Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
It was just a concept that occurred to me,it wont be in my future as i have way too much money and security in my life and as for the sexual aspect i'm sure the guys who are into that would prefer the younger guys rather than the senior citizens.
But if the option were homelessness due to lack of funds or a nice comfy lifestyle in jail with everything taken care of i'd sure be giving the idea some thought...
Homelessness is more a state of mind. If you put some effort (few hundreds bucks) you can buy a van, so you are not on the street anymore.
If you put some more effort, you can buy a small house in the Midwest or "rural Alabama" for few thousands.
About the sexual aspect: If the purpose is to humiliate and to gain control they will go on everything with a pulse...

Old 04-20-2012, 06:58 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times
Quote:
granted your freedoms are a bit limited
Are you drunk?

Old 04-20-2012, 07:31 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,711 times
I am not sure this idea is so far out there. I once knew a guy who lost his job and couldn't find another one. He got tired of the struggle so he started selling drugs to make ends meet. Well, he got caught and is now having his needs met.

Many single adults don't qualify for food stamps, health care, shelter like people with kids so there is no safety net for singles. A lot of charities don't want to help singles because they assume every single person has parents/family in the top 1% who can help them out.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:33 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,366,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC2k11 View Post
Because you hear all the time about ex-cons going back to prison because it's all they know... but I've never heard of anyone deliberately getting themselves sent to prison to avoid homelessness.

I guess it happens though... pretty pathetic if you ask me. That's the country club lifestyle of our prison system today though with the free room and board, cable TV... etc... etc... etc...
Right. Most idiotic and irresponsible thing I have ever heard.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,366,603 times
Quote:
The option would not be homelessness for anyone with any kind of will and drive at all! Those who give up and choose this are plain lazy and complacent. Among other things such as entitlist, asinine and stubborn beyond their intelligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment