Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,483,900 times

Advertisements

I'd stick with it until you find something else. I have really grown to hate my job. I have an MS, the pay sucks, I have no benefits at all, have to pay self employment taxes, and really just despise the company. To add salt to the wound I get these stupid daily email from the CEO stating how ethical and committed to their employees they are. I am miserable all day and angry/moody all night.

I am building up my savings so I can get an accounting degree as I never want anything to do with science again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 04:08 PM

143 posts, read 378,540 times
It depends on how much money you got saved and what types of debts/financial responsibilities you have. Do you have enough savings to fill financial needs for the next year? Do you have any financial dependents (children, elderly parents etc)?

If you are single and have only have to support yourself, plus you have a good amount of savings to live off, then yes....quitting may be the healthiest option.

If you answered no to any of those, quitting will only get you to trade one set of headache for another. There are few things more stressful than being unemployed and having bills pile up, esp if there are dependents involved.

Anyways, I wish you luck.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:22 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,659,317 times
The OP was made over 2 years ago so I'm sure some decision has been made.

I read today where corporate profits were once again strong. Funny how stuff like that happens when you cut your work force in half and have them do the same amount of work. And boy, does that pay off well at the very top.

Bonuses, stock options, raises, and a free trip to The Mustang Ranch. Life is good for a select few.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:31 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,635,966 times
I'm beginning to hate my job....I work 60 hours a week and have been since I started..but I have a worthless boss-I mean stupid-we were in a meeting today and the COO told everyone what a great job the boss is doing and what an asset he is...me and another person have busted our a## for this company-and that is what the COO says....

Old 03-24-2011, 06:28 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,015,501 times
Get a new job, than quit. Having a job makes you more marketable.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:10 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,911,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
The OP was made over 2 years ago so I'm sure some decision has been made.
Seriously! Is this National Revive an Ancient Thread week?

I'm amazed at the number that have been reopened this week.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:18 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,683,883 times
Well, this thread popped up at the right time because I was about to make it! Today I nearly quit after duking it out with my boss (who actually owns the company, so I know nothing is going to change). Came home and replied to 12 job ads. I'm sick of his mood swings and attitude, but I can't afford to quit without having something new lined up.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:23 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,927,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I'd stick with it until you find something else. I have really grown to hate my job. I have an MS, the pay sucks, I have no benefits at all, have to pay self employment taxes, and really just despise the company. To add salt to the wound I get these stupid daily email from the CEO stating how ethical and committed to their employees they are. I am miserable all day and angry/moody all night.

I am building up my savings so I can get an accounting degree as I never want anything to do with science again.
Same boat here. I have grown to hate my job. I am bored at work. I am underpaid and the other employees who make more that me complain on how complicated the work is when it is not. I am wanting on my bonus so i can start the search. I would love to find a job that is meaningful but the odds of finding that is low in our lifetime.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:02 PM

418 posts, read 909,012 times
Between the job and housing market, I think everyone feels stuck.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:56 PM

13,009 posts, read 18,969,349 times
Unless it is really bad, for example it is life threatening, it is not worth quitting. If you don't get along with the boss there is a chance you will be fired, so you get unemployment benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment