Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 11:35 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Whatever you think I'm an ecuadorian kind of type doesnt bother me since I've told in previous posts that I'm not originally from south america, I just live here, and not all southamericans look alike, argentineans dont look like bolivians or uruguayans like ecuadorians. Its like saying Italians look like russians on average.

You're not European either. I asked you where you were from and you simply said South America, and in another PM you said you would love to visit Europe one day. I've never met a "European" who knows so little about his own continent (you classified Greece as a Latin/Romance country for God's sake ). You're probably a white South American of European descent, which makes you no more "European" than a white North American of European descent.

Keep in mind that Europeans put much greater emphasis on cultural identity than on 'race', so simply having European parents does not make you European in most Europeans' eyes. If you were born and raised outside of Europe, you are generally not accepted as "European" in Europe. A third-generation African who is fully integrated into (for example) French society is much more likely to be considered European than a person born of two French parents who has spent his entire life outside of Europe.

Last edited by LindavG; 03-06-2013 at 11:44 PM..

Old 03-06-2013, 11:37 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Whatever you think I'm an ecuadorian kind of type doesnt bother me since I've told in previous posts that I'm not originally from south america, I just live here, and not all southamericans look alike, argentineans dont look like bolivians or uruguayans like ecuadorians. Its like saying Italians look like russians on average.

Personally I don't believe you ever lived in Europe based on your posts. You are a European wannabe.
You live in the land of the mixed race, you better get used to it.

You make no sense at all when it comes to what people look like in different countries. Do you really believe that all Italians look alike? Or Brits? Or Germans? I love how you are the expert on what every person in every country looks like. You need to find some other hobby, cause you're bad at this one.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:30 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,881,321 times
I dont know why anyone would want to be a european wannabe. Seriously.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:48 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times
Yeah I know, who would want to stay on this continent with all it's history, culture, amazing cities, many close but different countries, good standard of living and peace!

Old 03-07-2013, 03:49 AM

295 posts, read 1,155,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
A few years ago I worked with this Ecuadorean woman. She was mostly Mestizo and maybe a little bit of Spanish background, but man was she obsessed with Europe and White folks. She was always noticing eye color and going on about how attractive white men were, blah, blah. And when you asked her about her background, she claimed Spanish. She didn't look European at all.

I think that is the deal with our Don Juan here. He probably has a tiny bit of Spanish blood, and hates the fact he is not fully European background. I'm thinking he also hates the fact that S. America is not fully white. His outlet is to trash Brits and Americans as not so attractive or as White as the rest of Europe. Get lost. Your posts are trash.
By his speech I guees he's from Argentina, Chile or Uruguay and of northern European background.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:16 AM

233 posts, read 449,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
You're not European either. I asked you where you were from and you simply said South America, and in another PM you said you would love to visit Europe one day. I've never met a "European" who knows so little about his own continent (you classified Greece as a Latin/Romance country for God's sake ). You're probably a white South American of European descent, which makes you no more "European" than a white North American of European descent.

Keep in mind that Europeans put much greater emphasis on cultural identity than on 'race', so simply having European parents does not make you European in most Europeans' eyes. If you were born and raised outside of Europe, you are generally not accepted as "European" in Europe. A third-generation African who is fully integrated into (for example) French society is much more likely to be considered European than a person born of two French parents who has spent his entire life outside of Europe.

That was in the past, when race and religion was not an issue. Any white person from the Americas that behaves properly, has some money and looks good is sort of "generic European".

For example, we receive zillions of Mexicans and Brazilians with lots of money that are white, they are considered as some sort of generic Europeans. It does not matter if they are somehow dark, which is not generally the case.

Americans (including Latin Americans) with Northen European appearance are classed as "guiris", along with Northen Europeans.

As to the black person born in France, blah, blah...I'm not French, but I doubt it very much.

When people here see white Latin Americans, most people assume they are from the "emigración", descendants of the great emigration that took place before the Spanish civil war. Lots of them in Northern Spain.

Last edited by Gargamel10; 03-07-2013 at 04:35 AM..

Old 03-07-2013, 04:21 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,338 times
Americans are easy to tell from Europeans. They are generaly heavier, dress more casualy, and walk differently.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:39 AM

233 posts, read 449,794 times
Haircuts are a giveaway, that and walking around as if they were in a zoo.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:09 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel10 View Post
Haircuts are a giveaway, that and walking around as if they were in a zoo.
Yeah, and that!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,265,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel10 View Post
As to the black person born in France, blah, blah...I'm not French, but I doubt it very much.
In France, exepted by some people with far-right ideologies (and even then, the official positions of the FN accept non-white french people as fully french), french identity is firstly a cultural thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World