Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which has better natural scenery, California or Italy?
California 147 54.44%
Italy 123 45.56%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2015, 10:06 PM
AFP
 
7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Reputation: 6632

Advertisements

Italian beaches are hard to compete with.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pfei...1guqXBaXENM%3A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2015, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Mid Atlantic USA
12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
It might seem like that if you live in the Mid-Atlantic. Name one country in the world that is more diverse. China is the second most diverse, but China and the USA are vastly more diverse than any other country.

The water in California isn't as clear, because it is very deep and the waves are bigger. The shelf off of California provides one of the most interesting marine environments on the planet. California absolutely dominates Italy in terms of animal life and plant life. Beaches in Italy are ruined by a massive amount of people and infrastructure.

Hawaii blows away anything in the Mediterranean.

Hawaii is tiny compared to the Med.

You keep going on about the beauty of California, while others keep posting amazing pics of Italy. Sorry, the pics of Italy even in natural scenery look more beautiful than California.

At least admit your beaches can't hold a candle to Italy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2015, 10:08 PM
 
Location: Mid Atlantic USA
12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Italian beaches are hard to compete with.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pfei...OdCqZoviqsM%3A

None of those beaches look as nice as even that one beach in Sardinia. California has no match for Sardinia or Sicily. The California beach thing is all hype and marketing. Most people I know who have gone to CA beaches are disappointed by the murky cold water and the cool air temperatures. Even far southern CA isn't all that warm in summer. CA beaches are a bust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2015, 10:12 PM
AFP
 
7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Reputation: 6632
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
None of those beaches look as nice as even that one beach in Sardinia. California has no match for Sardinia or Sicily. The California beach thing is all hype and marketing. Most people I know who have gone to CA beaches are disappointed by the murky cold water and the cool air temperatures. Even far southern CA isn't all that warm in summer. CA beaches are a bust.
I would Italy wins on beaches by a long shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2015, 10:33 PM
 
209 posts, read 304,297 times
Reputation: 87
Lake Como, Italy

http://rochellecheever.com/wp-conten...edding_041.jpg

http://www.tour-smart.co.uk/images/d...20como%202.jpg

http://www.lakecomo.info/typo3temp/f...lick-01-01.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-08-2015 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2015, 10:57 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,662,332 times
Reputation: 1735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalists View Post
Not the peak is border between French and Italia... Monte Bianco.
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Bianco

Is Italy too.


http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...f-Mont-002.jpg
The very top of Mont Blanc/Monte Bianco is in France, not in Italy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2015, 11:02 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,662,332 times
Reputation: 1735
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Hawaii is tiny compared to the Med.

You keep going on about the beauty of California, while others keep posting amazing pics of Italy. Sorry, the pics of Italy even in natural scenery look more beautiful than California.

At least admit your beaches can't hold a candle to Italy.
It all depends on what you consider a nice beach. If you want to sit on an overcrowded beach that is overbuilt with warm clear water and limited wildlife, then Italy is for you. If you are into rugged, remote coastline then California is much better. If you are into marine wildlife, California is much better. If you are into surfing, California is much better.

I don't see the point of filling the thread with photoshopped pictures, that's why I am not participating in that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2015, 11:45 PM
 
209 posts, read 304,297 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
The very top of Mont Blanc/Monte Bianco is in France, not in Italy.
France-Italia... but yes controversy.

Mont Blanc - Peakbagger.com

This is in Italy.
Monte Bianco di Courmayeur - Peakbagger.com

Alps - Peakbagger.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2015, 11:53 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 1,662,332 times
Reputation: 1735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalists View Post
I was just going off of Google Maps. I never realized that there was a controversy surrounding it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2015, 12:14 AM
 
209 posts, read 304,297 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
It all depends on what you consider a nice beach. If you want to sit on an overcrowded beach that is overbuilt with warm clear water and limited wildlife, then Italy is for you. If you are into rugged, remote coastline then California is much better. If you are into marine wildlife, California is much better. If you are into surfing, California is much better.

I don't see the point of filling the thread with photoshopped pictures, that's why I am not participating in that.
Maddalena

http://www.geovillage.it/download/Es...amaddalena.jpg

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med...onale-dell.jpg

Stelvio

http://41.media.tumblr.com/38b883cf1...cobo1_1280.jpg

http://www.bella-vista.it/uploads/pi..._trafoi_05.jpg

http://www.naturehighlights.com/imag...01010-064y.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-08-2015 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:08 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top