Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 07:06 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayser View Post
Iknow, I worked near a US military base here in europe once and plenty of soldiers were mexican-americans and they wore that uniform with as much pride as any other american!! most spoke english like americans, acted like americans, dressed like americans, and hanged out with americans!!!

that doesn't happen in europe with the arabs
Yeah lots of them serve in the arm forces. Make great soldiers too. I work in construction so I am constantly around Mexicans. They work really hard and never complain. The thing is there are migrants to Europe who do integrate pretty well into European culture. Middle Eastern Christians, Asians, Hindu Indians etc. Why aren't they getting priority?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 07:08 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
What do you think about the 2nd or third generation Arabs that live here? It's the same for them too?
No they are running off to join ISIS instead.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:10 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
No they are running off to join ISIS instead.
Right.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:19 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Right.
He's not wrong. A large number of terrorist attacks in Europe have been by second generation immigrants. That is a verifiable fact.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
He's not wrong. A large number of terrorist attacks in Europe have been by second generation immigrants. That is a verifiable fact.
i know but it's not that simple

Old 09-06-2015, 07:22 PM

80 posts, read 74,999 times
Quote:
What do you think about the 2nd or third generation Arabs that live here? It's the same for them too?
i live in europe not far from france

I know your country well enough and have seen the "mecs" in action to take offense to the fact you compare Latin American descendants in the US, with arabs in Europe

you don't see mexican-americans burning cars and rioting yearly in american cities like your lovely arab brothers do!!

mexican-americans ARE americans, I know plenty of arabs in europe who after three generations still see themselves as muslims first.

so far no mexican-americans have attacked the US with a terrorist attack.... unlike YOUR LOVELY ARAB BROTHERS IN EUROPE

you're very racist and disgusting against latin americans to insinuate that latin americans and the US resemble your soon to be muslim continent and your lovely minority!

Old 09-06-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
i live in europe not far from france

I know your country well enough and have seen the "mecs" in action to take offense to the fact you compare Latin American descendants in the US, with arabs in Europe

you don't see mexican-americans burning cars and rioting yearly in american cities like your lovely arab brothers do!!

mexican-americans ARE americans, I know plenty of arabs in europe who after three generations still see themselves as muslims first.

so far no mexican-americans have attacked the US with a terrorist attack.... unlike YOUR LOVELY ARAB BROTHERS IN EUROPE

you're very racist and disgusting against latin americans to insinuate that latin americans and the US resemble your soon to be muslim continent and your lovely minority!
I'm not comparing anything. maybe you should calm down a bit and take some of my meds...

Old 09-07-2015, 11:48 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,279,288 times
Quote:

There are lots Latino gangs in most major US cities and hundreds of thousands of everyday-joe-Muslims in Europe who just want to lead a normal, peaceful life. So what's your point exactly?

All of those refugees coming to Europe right now are fleeing from murder and terror, they have lost everything besides their lives. What should the EU do? Close the borders and let them all die? They just want to survive!

Old 09-07-2015, 11:56 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
There are lots Latino gangs in most major US cities and hundreds of thousands of everyday-joe-Muslims in Europe who just want to lead a normal, peaceful life. So what's your point exactly?

All of those refugees coming to Europe right now are fleeing from murder and terror, they have lost everything besides their lives. What should the EU do? Close the borders and let them all die? They just want to survive!
So you are saying that the 'refugees' weren't safe and had to fear for their life in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan, also in Hungary and other EU countries they didn't feel safety so they were forced to flock the safe haven Germany? I guess even the gangs in Callais can't feel safe in FRANCE, they have to reach the UK to finally feel safe?

Old 09-07-2015, 12:18 PM

861 posts, read 852,442 times
Interesting to see some of the points going back and forth. I am coming to the conclusion, due religion and history there might not be as many parallels between Mexican migration to the US and recent migration to Europe as I initially thought.

That being said, the question of integrating sizeable numbers of a population that is foreign in origin is now a new issue European countries will have to face.

The humanitarian objectives of say Germany's stance are very admirable, but the long term implications are still unknown.

The future could be positive with the successful assimilation of the migrants or it could be difficult as has been the experience in Germany historically. Also I think the relative socio-economic profile of the immigrants is not well understood, if a bulk of these migrants are from the Syrian middle/upper class, then I think their integration would probably be quick.

We should also acknowledge the differences between European nations, some nations like those in Eastern Europe probably will not be so open or welcoming to these new migrants. This may have an impact on the speed of integration/assimilation as well.

Last edited by nograviti; 09-07-2015 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World