Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 03:51 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,395,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
I don't know, I'm not Italian.

I just mean that when watching NFL the players stop all the time to discuss strategies, and the rythm is completely cut. It does not flow like Rugby where the rythm is very varied and strong at the same time. I hate chess too, so maybe it has to do with that. Rugby is more sensitive, emotional and down to earth for me. NFL is just too tactical and cerebral.
Rugby is not varied compared to AF. I've watched more than enough of it to know what how the game flows. Look at the field when a play is happening in rugby. Look how many players are walking/slowly trotting forward with their thumbs up their asses doing absolutely nothing at all. Compare that to AF where everyone has a specific job to perform every play.

Just because a play is stopped doesn't mean the fans are bored and don't know what's going on. Once again, AF is a contact sport but it also requires more thinking than rugby.

It's funny how foreigners have the attention span and ignorance they accuse Americans of having.

Last edited by joeyg2014; 06-08-2016 at 04:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 03:58 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
American football will never make it in Europe, even with all those interesting commercials lol.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
American football will never make it in Europe, even with all those interesting commercials lol.
There must be a misunderstanding here. That's nothing we don't already know and it's nothing we care about. We do our own thing.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:34 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,247,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
Rugby is not varied compared to AF. I've watched more than enough of it to know what how the game flows. Look at the field when a play is happening in rugby. Look how many players are walking/slowly trotting forward with their thumbs up their asses doing absolutely nothing at all. Compare that to AF where everyone has a specific job to perform every play.

Just because a play is stopped doesn't mean the fans are bored and don't know what's going on. Once again, AF is a contact sport but it also requires more thinking than rugby.

It's funny how foreigners have the attention span and ignorance they accuse Americans of having.
Stop being so defensive. Most people like sports which are exciting and flow continuously without breaks for "tactics" or advertisements every thirty seconds. It doesn't matter how hard the athletes are. If American Football was so great, the world would embrace it as it does Football (a sport where they actually use their feet with a ball). But it doesn't. Deal with it.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:04 PM

I'm correcting people. Rugby is monotonous compared to football and they overstate their abilities. Foreigners appear desperate to "one up" Americans or something because they have an inferiority complex.

And f that logic. Soccer is gay af and the world embraces it.

The British used to use the word soccer. Don't get mad at us for not calling soccer football.

Last edited by joeyg2014; 06-08-2016 at 05:18 PM..

Old 06-08-2016, 05:15 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,247,423 times
Quote:
I'm correcting people. Rugby is monotonous compared to football and they overstate their abilities. Foreigners appear desperate to "one up" Americans or something because they have an inferiority complex.

Brilliant riposte "soccer is gay". Seriously, what a dick. Don't delete this mods, this kind of nonsense needs to be exposed for what it is.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:19 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:

The British used to use the word soccer. Don't get mad at us for not calling soccer football.
Are you 12? Or just a typical, boring, football meathead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
Brilliant riposte "soccer is gay". Seriously, what a dick. Don't delete this mods, this kind of nonsense needs to be exposed for what it is.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:22 PM

Seriously. Ask any Americans here. A lot of Americans consider it "gay." If they did this in American sports, the world would call us gay/mock us (like they do with AF). But when an American calls it out, you're all offended. You foreigners are a piece of work.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:04 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Seriously. Ask any Americans here. A lot of Americans consider it "gay." If they did this in American sports, the world would call us gay/mock us (like they do with AF). But when an American calls it out, you're all offended. You foreigners are a piece of work.

LOL. Many Australians view soccer as 'soft'. But sure, there are some uneducated morons who still use that sort of language.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:20 PM

Last edited by joeyg2014; 06-08-2016 at 06:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World