Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,277,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloosCloos11 View Post
i'm a writer. not a published writer, but i write as a hobby (wait does that count?)

most of my stories are fictions.
majority of my fictions is realistic fictions about dealing with stuff anyone could go through. i mostly write two different types of fiction. Realistic and Fantasy. My fantasy ones are crazy though, but hey they are the good type of crazy.

i'm going to start writing ( or should I say typing) on a new story once my computer starts working (i'm on my grandma's right now)
Of course it counts. All writers start somewhere. Why not try submitting something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 12:35 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,448,947 times
I've had 43 editorials published in four newspapers.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:46 AM

396 posts, read 1,278,126 times
I used to write stories but I haven't been keeping up lately. I don't really care whether I ever get published or not. It's not really one of my goals. I write for my own satisfaction.

Sci-fi is my genre. I try to add suspense and mystery into my sci-fi stories but I usually find that I either try too hard or that I'm just not creative enough to pull it off.

I appreciate a good poet but I am terrible at it.

I love writing fiction but I think I'd be a much better non-fiction writer. I'm not that great with words tbqh. Dialogue also seems to be a strong suit with me, and I have considered screenwriting, but that's a very high pressure business. It's not something I've seriously explored.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:38 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,277,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
I used to write stories but I haven't been keeping up lately. I don't really care whether I ever get published or not. It's not really one of my goals. I write for my own satisfaction.

Sci-fi is my genre. I try to add suspense and mystery into my sci-fi stories but I usually find that I either try too hard or that I'm just not creative enough to pull it off.

I appreciate a good poet but I am terrible at it.

I love writing fiction but I think I'd be a much better non-fiction writer. I'm not that great with words tbqh. Dialogue also seems to be a strong suit with me, and I have considered screenwriting, but that's a very high pressure business. It's not something I've seriously explored.
See, I would object strenuously to that. Since writing is communication between writer and reader, then you haven't completed your journey as an artist until your work has been reacted to, even if within the bounds of a critique group.

By writing this, I'm not slamming you and certainly not discouraging you. What I'm offering is that you really cannot know the full joy of being a writer until your words and thoughts have affected someone else in a tangible way.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:09 AM

20 posts, read 29,039 times
I write songs. I'd like to put even one of them to music but I don't play anything.They're rock songs. Not a big singer though, I could, but I'd rather write.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:46 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,392,214 times
I've dabbled in it. Not doing any right now.

Ken

Old 07-08-2009, 07:36 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,848,150 times
I write plays....In fact I make adaptations from famous playwrights, like Shakespeare and Henerik Ebsen..........I will tell you the details later.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:34 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,496,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I've dabbled in it. Not doing any right now.

Ken
You cut some teeth at the same place I cut mine: Epinions. I recognize the handle.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:41 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,392,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
You cut some teeth at the same place I cut mine: Epinions. I recognize the handle.
That's me. Thanks for noticing.

Ken

Old 07-08-2009, 11:46 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,496,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That's me. Thanks for noticing.

Ken
I was one of the banes of that place in my day, I'm proud to say. I was the wrong person to have on your trust list if you wanted to make friends with Nirav Tolia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing