|Median resident age:||42.7 years|
|Illinois median age:||39.6 years|
Zip codes: 61230.
Albany village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $102,467 (it was $77,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $531.
- White alone - 862 (96.7%)
- Hispanic - 20 (2.2%)
- Asian alone - 3 (0.3%)
- Two or more races - 3 (0.3%)
- American Indian alone - 2 (0.2%)
- Black alone - 1 (0.1%)
|What is Albany Park Like? (32 replies)|
|Buying a condo in Albany Park...opinions? (34 replies)|
|Albany Park (20 replies)|
|Albany Park: Crime/parking (2 replies)|
|Albany Park Area/Safety (11 replies)|
|Are Jeff Park / Irving Park / Albany Park the best options given these requirements for a first time SFH purchase? (3 replies)|
Latest news from Albany, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (29.2%), Irish (12.4%), Dutch (9.3%), United States (6.7%), English (6.2%), Swedish (2.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 07/14/1897
Elevation: 600 feet
Land area: 1.00 square miles.
Population density: 886 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Albany:
- High school or higher: 88.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.7%
- Unemployed: 4.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Albany village:
- Never married: 21.2%
- Now married: 54.3%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 11.5%
- Divorced: 12.6%
28 residents are foreign born (0.6% Asia, 0.3% Europe).
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Albany, Illinois as of April 25, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Albany to the number of sex offenders is 441 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $2,453 (1.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $2,102 (2.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Davenport, IA (25.6 miles , pop. 98,359).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (98.4 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (131.0 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Camanche, IA (1.5 miles ), Clinton, IA (2.0 miles ), Fulton, IL (2.5 miles ), Low Moor, IA (2.7 miles ), Cordova, IL (3.0 miles ), Princeton, IA (3.2 miles ), Erie, IL (3.4 miles ), McCausland, IA (3.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 5 buildings, average cost: $88,600
- 1998: 3 buildings, average cost: $75,800
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $135,500
- 2000: 3 buildings, average cost: $33,300
- 2001: 9 buildings, average cost: $60,700
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $125,300
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $128,200
- 2005: 5 buildings, average cost: $143,000
- 2006: 5 buildings, average cost: $115,300
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $165,000
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $87,500
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $140,000
- 2012: 2 buildings, average cost: $220,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 41.79 N, Longitude: 90.22 W
Area code: 309
|Crime rates in Albany by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 301.1)||56.9||195.3||4.5||4.4||190.2||35.4||30.9||37.2||64.8||70.0||N/A||N/A||53.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Albany detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.12|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (26%)
- Utilities (16%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Other services, except public administration (10%)
- Construction (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (25%)
- Retail trade (18%)
- Manufacturing (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Utilities (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Information (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (17%)
- Engineers (7%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Waiters and waitresses (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
- Financial clerks except bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
Average climate in Albany, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Albany-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 66% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/29/1981, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 15.8 miles away from the Albany village center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 3/13/1990, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 1.6 miles away from the village center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Albany-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Illinois state average. It is 85% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 261.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 239.3 miles away from Albany center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 71.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 293.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 261.2 miles away from Albany center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 247.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Whiteside County (10) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 7, Storms: 5, Snowstorms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Albany:
- MERCY MEDICAL CENTER - CLINTON (Dialysis Facility, about 4 miles away; CLINTON, IA)
- MERCY HOMECARE AND HOSPICE (Home Health Center, about 4 miles away; CLINTON, IA)
- JANE LAMB HEALTH CENTER SNF (Nursing Home, about 4 miles away; CLINTON, IA)
- THE ALVERNO HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; CLINTON, IA)
- MERCY MEDICAL CENTER-CLINTON Acute Care Hospitals (about 6 miles away; CLINTON, IA)
- SAMARITAN HOSPITAL NORTH (Hospital, about 6 miles away; CLINTON, IA)
- CLINTON RETIREMENT VILLAGE (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; CLINTON, IA)
Operable nuclear power plants near Albany:
- 10 miles: Quad Cities 1 and 2 in Cordova, IL.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Albany:
- Ashford University (about 5 miles; Clinton, IA; Full-time enrollment: 73,330)
- Kaplan University-Davenport Campus (about 24 miles; Davenport, IA; FT enrollment: 60,376)
- Black Hawk College (about 25 miles; Moline, IL; FT enrollment: 5,086)
- Saint Ambrose University (about 26 miles; Davenport, IA; FT enrollment: 3,053)
- Eastern Iowa Community College District (about 27 miles; Davenport, IA; FT enrollment: 5,507)
- Augustana College (about 27 miles; Rock Island, IL; FT enrollment: 2,555)
- Illinois Valley Community College (about 67 miles; Oglesby, IL; FT enrollment: 2,747)
Notable location: Albany Fire Protection District (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Lusk Cemetery (1), Oakridge Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Albany: Dolan Memorial Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 79.4. This is about average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2005 was 4.44. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 2.5 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 27.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 6.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 24.8. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 2.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 9.74. This is about average. Closest monitor was 2.4 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Albany and their reported violations in the past:ALBANY (Population served: 950, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JUL-2008 and SEP-2008, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (OCT-06-2008), St Public Notif requested (OCT-24-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-24-2008), St Public Notif received (DEC-11-2008)
- Water Quality Parameter M/R - Between JAN-2006 and JUN-2006, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-11-2006), St Compliance achieved (JUL-12-2006)
- One routine major monitoring violation
(5.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for other race residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
|This village:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Albany compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Albany (2011 data):
- First Trust & Savings Bank of Albany, Illinois: First Trust & Savings Bank Of Albany, Illinois at 209 South Main Street, branch established on 1902/01/01. Info updated 2006/10/13: Bank assets: $164.1 mil, Deposits: $143.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Albany Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (90%)
- Electricity (6%)
- Wood (2%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Albany village (based on Whiteside County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 66.67%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Reformed Church in America||Lutheran Church|
|Name||Non-Charismatic Churches Independent||Southern Baptist Convention||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Christian Reformed Church in North America||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Whiteside County:||1.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Whiteside County:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Whiteside County:||4.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||8||$82|
|Police Protection - Officers||1||$4,046||$48,552||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||5||$17,558||$42,139||8||$82|
Albany government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $297,000 ($335.21)
Regular Highways: $117,000 ($132.05)
Water Utilities: $89,000 ($100.45)
General - Other: $84,000 ($94.81)
Sewerage: $66,000 ($74.49)
Police Protection: $51,000 ($57.56)
Parks & Recreation: $30,000 ($33.86)
General Public Buildings: $26,000 ($29.35)
Financial Administration: $12,000 ($13.54)
Central Staff Services: $4,000 ($4.51)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - Regular Highways: $48,000 ($54.18)
Central Staff: $5,000 ($5.64)
Parks & Recreation: $3,000 ($3.39)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $146,000 ($164.79)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $30,000 ($33.86)
Albany government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $80,000 ($90.29)
All Other: $29,000 ($32.73)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $67,000 ($75.62)
General Revenue, NEC: $50,000 ($56.43)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $371,000 ($418.74)
Water Utilities: $112,000 ($126.41)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $106,000 ($119.64)
All Other: $32,000 ($36.12)
Highways: $25,000 ($28.22)
- Tax - Property: $71,000 ($80.14)
Public Utilities: $27,000 ($30.47)
NEC: $18,000 ($20.32)
Albany government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $500,000 ($564.33)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,000 ($1.13)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $1,000 ($1.13)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $476,000 ($537.25)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $24,000 ($27.09)
Albany government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,551,000 ($1750.56)
4.10% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,658 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Lee County, IL||0.77% ($32,562 average AGI)|
|from Clinton County, IA||0.46% ($34,673)|
|from Carroll County, IL||0.22% ($31,019)|
4.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,528 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Albany:
- KROS (1340 AM; 1 kW; CLINTON, IA; Owner: KROS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCLN (1390 AM; 1 kW; CLINTON, IA; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC)
- WOC (1420 AM; 5 kW; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WKBF (1270 AM; 5 kW; ROCK ISLAND, IL; Owner: MERCURY BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Albany:
- KUUL (101.3 FM; EAST MOLINE, IL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KCQQ (106.5 FM; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KMXG (96.1 FM; CLINTON, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLLR-FM (103.7 FM; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KZEG (94.7 FM; CLINTON, IA; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVIK (90.3 FM; ROCK ISLAND, IL; Owner: AUGUSTANA COLLEGE)
- KBOB-FM (104.9 FM; GENESEO, IL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WHTS (98.9 FM; ROCK ISLAND, IL; Owner: MERCURY BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WDLM-FM (89.3 FM; EAST MOLINE, IL; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WZZT (95.1 FM; MORRISON, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- KORB (93.5 FM; BETTENDORF, IA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WCCI (100.3 FM; SAVANNA, IL; Owner: CARROLL COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WAXR (88.1 FM; GENESEO, IL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Albany:
- WHBF-TV (Channel 4; ROCK ISLAND, IL; Owner: CORONET COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY)
- WBQD-LP (Channel 26; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: FOUR SEASONS PEORIA, LLC)
- KWQC-TV (Channel 6; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF DAVENPORT, INC.)
- KLJB-TV (Channel 18; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: QUAD CITIES TELEVISION ACQUISITION CORP.)
- WQAD-TV (Channel 8; MOLINE, IL; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- K61HD (Channel 61; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WQPT-TV (Channel 24; MOLINE, IL; Owner: BLACK HAWK COLLEGE)
- KQIN (Channel 36; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Albany)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:7 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:2
- Tower 11 Se 1/4 Of Fr Sec 32 T21n R2e If The 4th Pm (Lat: 41.758639 Lon: -90.287083), Call Sign: WNKC918
Assigned Frequencies: 154.456 MHz
Grant Date: 09/10/2002, Expiration Date: 11/19/2012, Cancellation Date: 12/13/2010, Certifier: Donald M Goettsch
Registrant: Interstate Power And Light Company, Suite 769 1000 Main St, Dubuque, IA 52001-4723, Phone: (563) 584-7374, Fax: (563) 557-2259, Email:
- Lat: 41.746000 Lon: -90.195167, Structure height: 0 m, Call Sign: WPUY700
Assigned Frequencies: 159.705 MHz
Grant Date: 05/29/2002, Expiration Date: 05/29/2012, Cancellation Date: 08/04/2012, Certifier: Keith Naftzger
Registrant: Lao #20205108, 102 E Middle St, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (800) 886-4222, Fax: (717) 337-9157
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- ALBANY, Bunker Hill Rd, 1/2 Mi E Of Hwy 84 (Lat: 41.769722 Lon: -90.229167), Type: Tower, Structure height: 100.6 m, Overall height: 105.2 m, Call Sign: WPNN490
Assigned Frequencies: 6635.00 MHz, 6645.00 MHz, 6615.00 MHz, 6585.00 MHz, 10647.5 MHz
Grant Date: 09/03/2008, Expiration Date: 10/05/2018, Certifier: Steven T Campbell
Registrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
- ALBANY ATC, Thome Rd. & Albany Rd. (Albany#87655) (Lat: 41.735944 Lon: -90.159889), Type: Tower, Structure height: 93.6 m, Overall height: 96.9 m, Call Sign: WPYA940
Assigned Frequencies: 6670.00 MHz, 6610.00 MHz
Grant Date: 07/14/2003, Expiration Date: 07/14/2013, Certifier: Bette N Rinehart
Registrant: Motorola Solutions, Inc., 28 Twin Lakes Drive, Gettysburg, PA 17235, Phone: (717) 334-0654, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Albany)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 12
|Most common first names in Albany, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Albany, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Albany on our top lists:
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Utilities"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Vending machine operators"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Personal appearance workers"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.