Chester, South Carolina
Chester: Chester Historic District Home on York Street
Chester: Historic Downtown Chester
Chester: War Memorial Building
Chester: City Hall Chester
Chester: Historic Downtown Chester
Chester: on the hill in Chester,S.C. and Courthouse in Chester,S.C.
Chester: on top of the hill
Chester: on the hill in Chester,S.C.
Chester: Courthouse in Chester
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||38.4 years|
|South Carolina median age:||39.1 years|
Zip codes: 29706.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $19,042 (it was $13,386 in 2000)
Chester city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $79,201 (it was $58,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2016: $569.
Races in Chester, SC (2010)
- 3,65765.2%Black alone
- 1,76931.5%White alone
- 761.4%Two or more races
- 140.2%American Indian alone
- 110.2%Asian alone
- 80.1%Other race alone
- 30.05%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Columbia - general (2877 replies)|
|Poly-America, 1580 Lancaster Highway, Chester, South Carolina (0 replies)|
|Our Carolina in pictures (105 replies)|
|York, Lancaster & Chester In Pictures (33 replies)|
|New metro area development/construction (375 replies)|
|Nikki Haley Announces New Jobs York & Chester County (8 replies)|
Latest news from Chester, SC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: African (28.3%), American (7.8%), Irish (2.1%), Scotch-Irish (2.1%), German (2.0%), English (1.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 549 feet
Land area: 3.17 square miles.
Population density: 1,733 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Chester:
- High school or higher: 77.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.8%
- Unemployed: 10.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Chester city:
- Never married: 40.7%
- Now married: 35.6%
- Separated: 5.9%
- Widowed: 9.1%
- Divorced: 8.6%
26 residents are foreign born
According to our research of South Carolina and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Chester, South Carolina as of July 21, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Chester to the number of sex offenders is 806 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $979 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $544 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Gastonia, NC (38.1 miles , pop. 66,277).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Charlotte, NC (40.9 miles , pop. 540,828).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (495.0 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Eureka Mill, SC (1.1 miles ), Gayle Mill, SC (1.2 miles ), Lowrys, SC (2.7 miles ), Richburg, SC (3.3 miles ), McConnells, SC (3.3 miles ), Lockhart, SC (3.9 miles) , Carlisle, SC (4.1 miles ), Landsford, SC (4.1 miles ).
Latitude: 34.71 N, Longitude: 81.21 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +529 (+9.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 574 (28.2%)
Area code: 803
|Crime rates in Chester by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.5)||756.7||786.9||672.3||738.0||883.6||605.2||796.4||896.8||746.2||597.3||582.8||632.0||597.9||516.0||484.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Chester detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.66|
|South Carolina average:||2.85|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -859 (-11.7%).
- Manufacturing (25%)
- Retail trade (17%)
- Other services, except public administration (15%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (26%)
- Retail trade (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (14%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Manufacturing (9%)
- Wholesale trade (3%)
- Production occupations (27%)
- Material moving occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (7%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Management occupations (5%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (4%)
- Sales and related occupations (18%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (18%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (16%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (6%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Community and social service occupations (4%)
Average climate in Chester, South Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Chester-area historical tornado activity is slightly above South Carolina state average. It is 26% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/28/1984, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 24.0 miles away from the Chester city center killed 5 people and injured 49 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/5/1989, a category F4 tornado 33.3 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 6 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Chester-area historical earthquake activity is near South Carolina state average. It is 85% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 93.0 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 139.1 miles away from Chester center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 172.8 miles away from the city center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 130.7 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 285.8 miles away from Chester center
On 4/13/1998 at 09:56:11, a magnitude 3.9 (3.5 MB, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 42.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Chester County (8) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 3, Drought: 1, Flood: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Storm: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Scot Brantley - College football player, John Dunovant - General, Maurice Morris - 2005 NFL player (Seattle Seahawks, born: Dec 1, 1979), Allison Feaster - WNBA player (Charlotte Sting, born: Feb 11, 1976), Antonio Larell Davis - Boxer, Devan Downey - College basketball player (Cincinnati Bearcats), Ed Durham - Major League Baseball pitcher, Marion Campbell - Football player, Tony Stewart (Canadian football) - Football player, Zip Hanna - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Chester:
- CHESTER REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Proprietary, provides emergency services, 1 MEDICAL PARK DRIVE)
- UNITED HOSPICE OF THE PIEDMONT (118 YORK STREET)
- CHESTER NURSING CENTER (1 MEDICAL PARK DRIVE)
- BMA OF CHESTER INC (501 HEALTHWAY DRIVE)
- NEIGHBORS CARE HOME HEALTH AGENCY, AN AMEDISYS CO (1645 JA COCHRAN BYPASS SUITE 1)
Airports and heliports located in Chester:
- Chester Catawba Regional Airport (DCM) (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 2,400, Local Ops: 6,000)
- Chester Regional Medical Center Heliport (SC85)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Chester:
- Winthrop University (about 20 miles; Rock Hill, SC; Full-time enrollment: 5,575)
- York Technical College (about 21 miles; Rock Hill, SC; FT enrollment: 3,572)
- Limestone College (about 35 miles; Gaffney, SC; FT enrollment: 2,758)
- Queens University of Charlotte (about 40 miles; Charlotte, NC; FT enrollment: 2,083)
- Central Piedmont Community College (about 42 miles; Charlotte, NC; FT enrollment: 15,371)
- Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte (about 42 miles; Charlotte, NC; FT enrollment: 2,518)
- Gaston College (about 42 miles; Dallas, NC; FT enrollment: 4,385)
Public high schools in Chester:
- WOODLAND HIGH (Students: 662, Location: 4128 HIGHWAY 78, Grades: 9-12)
- DORCHESTER CAREER AND TECHNOLOGY CENTER (Location: 507 SCHOOL HOUSE ROAD, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Chester:
- HARLEYVILLE-RIDGEVILLE MIDDLE (Students: 436, Location: 1650 EAST MAIN STREET, Grades: 6-8)
- HARLEYVILLE ELEMENTARY (Location: 1650 EAST MAIN STREET, Grades: PK-5)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Birthplace of Rashad Hinton: DHL Operations Manager
Notable locations in Chester: Chester Fire Department (A), Center for Retarded Children (B), Chester City Hall (C), Chester County Courthouse (D), Chester County Library (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Chester Mall Shopping Center (1), Peoples Plaza Shopping Center (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Chester include: Union Church (A), Bethel United Methodist Church (B), Brooklyn African Methodist Episcopal Church (C), Carmel Presbyterian Church (D), Chester Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church (E), Church of God (F), First Baptist Church (G), Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church (H), Mount Calvary Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Chester include: Chester County Fairgrounds (1), Chester Historic District (2), Wylie Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Carolina Adventures Inc (Tours & Charters; Po Box 653).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 48.9. This is significantly better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 0.206. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 16.0 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 25.8. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 6.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 25.9. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 21.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2001 was 13.9. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 16.0 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 0.00085. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 21.5 miles away from the city center.
(12.7% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 37.4% for Black residents, 35.6% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 10.4% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
|South Carolina:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
77 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Banks with branches in Chester (2011 data):
- First Citizens Bank and Trust Company, Inc.: Chester Branch at 120 Church Street, branch established on 1905/10/05; Chester Bypass Branch at 1612 J A Cochran Bypass, branch established on 1978/09/18. Info updated 2011/08/24: Bank assets: $8,104.0 mil, Deposits: $6,880.8 mil, headquarters in Columbia, SC, positive income, 197 total offices, Holding Company: First Citizens Bancorporation, Inc.
- Spratt Savings and Loan Association: Spratt Savings And Loan Association at 121 Saluda St, branch established on 1893/01/01. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $99.8 mil, Deposits: $72.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 2 total offices
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Chester Sc Branch at 115 Saluda Street, branch established on 1933/01/01. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
|South Carolina average:||11.7|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Chester city (based on Chester County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Chester County:||2.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Chester County:||0.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||0.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|Chester County:||8.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Chester, SC Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$10,208||$61,248||9||$5,881|
|Judicial and Legal||4||$4,685||$14,055||2||$2,456|
|Police Protection - Officers||36||$69,571||$23,190||0||$0|
|Police - Other||1||$2,213||$26,556||1||$1,343|
|Fire - Other||1||$2,442||$29,304||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||18||$32,666||$21,777||1||$1,014|
|Parks and Recreation||3||$7,023||$28,092||32||$11,234|
|Totals for Government||95||$212,965||$26,901||45||$21,928|
Chester government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Parks & Recreation: $86,000 ($15.65)
General Public Buildings: $24,000 ($4.37)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $1,022,000 ($186.02)
Fire Protection: $954,000 ($173.64)
Solid Waste Management: $492,000 ($89.55)
Central Staff Services: $349,000 ($63.52)
Regular Highways: $110,000 ($20.02)
Parks & Recreation: $41,000 ($7.46)
General - Other: $37,000 ($6.73)
- General - Interest on Debt: $4,000 ($0.73)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $109,000 ($19.84)
Fire Protection: $69,000 ($12.56)
Solid Waste Management: $38,000 ($6.92)
Parks & Recreation: $5,000 ($0.91)
Central Staff: $5,000 ($0.91)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,654,000 ($483.07)
Chester government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $1,328,000 ($241.72)
Solid Waste Management: $298,000 ($54.24)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $1,269,000 ($230.98)
General Support: $544,000 ($99.02)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $138,000 ($25.12)
Interest Earnings: $67,000 ($12.20)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $386,000 ($70.26)
All Other: $121,000 ($22.02)
Highways: $78,000 ($14.20)
- Tax - Property: $1,250,000 ($227.52)
NEC: $487,000 ($88.64)
Public Utilities: $142,000 ($25.85)
Other Selective Sales: $14,000 ($2.55)
Chester government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $64,000 ($11.65)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $64,000 ($11.65)
Chester government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,675,000 ($304.88)
4.78% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($26,621 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.90%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from York County, SC||1.87% ($27,354 average AGI)|
|from Lancaster County, SC||0.64% ($24,500)|
|from Mecklenburg County, NC||0.19% ($36,364)|
5.46% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,848 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.53%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Chester:
- WGCD (1490 AM; 1 kW; CHESTER, SC; Owner: FRANK NEELY)
- WAGL (1560 AM; daytime; 50 kW; LANCASTER, SC; Owner: PALMETTO BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WBCU (1460 AM; 50 kW; UNION, SC)
- WBT (1110 AM; 50 kW; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATNS CO. OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBZK (980 AM; 3 kW; YORK, SC; Owner: CAROLINA METRO RADIO, LLC)
- WLTC (1370 AM; 20 kW; GASTONIA, NC)
- WCSZ (1070 AM; 50 kW; SANS SOUCI, SC; Owner: WHYZ RADIO, L.P.)
- WHKY (1290 AM; 50 kW; HICKORY, NC; Owner: LONG COMMUNICATIONS, LLC.)
- WFGW (1010 AM; 50 kW; BLACK MOUNTAIN, NC; Owner: BLUE RIDGE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WCGC (1270 AM; 10 kW; BELMONT, NC; Owner: WHVN, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Chester:
- W219CH (91.7 FM; LOWRYS, SC; Owner: RICHBURG EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WBT-FM (99.3 FM; CHESTER, SC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WRBK (90.3 FM; RICHBURG, SC; Owner: RICHBURG EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WNSC-FM (88.9 FM; ROCK HILL, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WWMG (96.1 FM; SHELBY, NC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSSL-FM (100.5 FM; GRAY COURT, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKKT (96.9 FM; STATESVILLE, NC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBAV-FM (101.9 FM; GASTONIA, NC; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WLNK (107.9 FM; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WPEG (97.9 FM; CONCORD, NC; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WNKS (95.1 FM; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMHK (89.7 FM; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: COLUMBIA BIBLE COLLEGE B/CING CO.)
- WLYT (102.9 FM; HICKORY, NC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRFX-FM (99.7 FM; KANNAPOLIS, NC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSOC-FM (103.7 FM; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WCOS-FM (97.5 FM; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNOK (104.7 FM; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSSS (104.7 FM; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WRHM (107.1 FM; LANCASTER, SC; Owner: OUR THREE SONS BROADCASTING, LLP)
- WNMX-FM (106.1 FM; WAXHAW, NC; Owner: GHB OF WAXHAW, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Chester:
- WNSC-TV (Channel 30; ROCK HILL, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WBTV (Channel 3; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS/WBTV, INC.)
- WCNC-TV (Channel 36; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: WCNC-TV, INC.)
- WJZY (Channel 46; BELMONT, NC; Owner: WJZY-TV, INC.)
- WWWB (Channel 55; ROCK HILL, SC; Owner: WWWB-TV, INC.)
- WOLO-TV (Channel 25; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA BROADCASTING PARTNERS)
- WLTX (Channel 19; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: PACIFIC AND SOUTHERN COMPANY, INC.)
- WACH (Channel 57; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- WAFF (Channel 48; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- WIS (Channel 10; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- WGTB-LP (Channel 28; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: VICTORY CHRISTIAN CENTER, INC.)
- WBHQ (Channel 63; SUMTER, SC; Owner: COLUMBIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRET-TV (Channel 49; SPARTANBURG, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WRLK-TV (Channel 35; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 11Number of bridges
- 23m75ftTotal length
- $70,000Total costs
- 30,198Total average daily traffic
- 2,000Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 105 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Chester, SC)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 27 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 6 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 78 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Chester)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 9 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Chester)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Chester that have no violations reported:
- CHESTER METRO (1220002) (Population served: 14,022, Primary Water Source Type: Surface water)
- WHARRY'S PLACE (1270212) (Population served: 30, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 71
- Hazardous Condition: 42
- Good Intent Call: 5
Incident types - Chester
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (50%)
- Electricity (47%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
- Wood (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
|Businesses in Chester, SC|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Nike||1|
|Little Caesars Pizza||1||YMCA||1|
Chester compared to South Carolina state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Chester on our top lists:
- #7 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most full-time firefighters per 1000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #15 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Other Northern America (population 500+)"
- #36 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest percentage of single-parent households, population 5,000+"
- #48 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of police officers per 1000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest percentage of workers working at home, population 5,000+"
- #83 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of assaults per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #85 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest percentage of English-only speaking households, population 5,000+"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage population decrease from 2000 (population 5,000+)"
- #37 (29706) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Scotch-Irish first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
Total of 11 patent applications in 2008-2018.