We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||57.9 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54888.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $23,492 (it was $16,438 in 2000)
Chicog town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $137,031 (it was $81,400 in 2000)
Races in Chicog, WI (2010)
- 23299.1%White alone
- 10.4%American Indian alone
- 10.4%Asian alone
Ancestries: German (42.5%), Irish (15.3%), Norwegian (7.5%), Dutch (5.2%), English (4.9%), Scotch-Irish (4.9%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 43.6 square miles.
Population density: 5.4 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Chicog:
- High school or higher: 86.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 4.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 34.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Chicog town:
- Never married: 10.8%
- Now married: 77.9%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 4.6%
- Divorced: 5.8%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Chicog town:||2.3% ($1,875)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Duluth, MN (51.5 miles , pop. 86,918).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (93.9 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (360.3 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Casey, WI (2.7 miles ), Minong, WI (2.7 miles ), Webb Lake, WI (2.8 miles ), Blaine, WI (3.2 miles ), Trego, WI (3.3 miles ), Gull Lake, WI (3.3 miles) , Wascott, WI (3.4 miles ), Frog Creek, WI (3.6 miles) .
Latitude: 46.04 N, Longitude: 91.96 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (24%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Wood products (7%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (6%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (25%)
- Health care (14%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (9%)
- Truck transportation (7%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (7%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (11%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (7%)
- Carpenters (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (7%)
- Health technologists and technicians (11%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (11%)
- Waiters and waitresses (9%)
- Food and beverage serving workers except waiters/waitresses (9%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (9%)
- Financial clerks except bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (7%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (7%)
Average climate in Chicog, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Chicog-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 45% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/18/2001, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 14.8 miles away from the Chicog town center killed 2 people and injured 16 people and caused $10 million in damages.
On 5/21/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 49.3 miles away from the town center injured 2 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Chicog-area historical earthquake activity is below Wisconsin state average. It is 95% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 198.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 210.3 miles away from Chicog center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 384.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 236.7 miles away from the city center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 164.1 miles away from Chicog center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 351.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Washburn County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 3, Tornadoes: 3, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Chicog:
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 21 miles; Shell Lake, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,414)
- University of Wisconsin-Superior (about 48 miles; Superior, WI; FT enrollment: 2,302)
- Lake Superior College (about 53 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,768)
- The College of Saint Scholastica (about 54 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 3,762)
- University of Minnesota-Duluth (about 54 miles; Duluth, MN; FT enrollment: 10,612)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 80 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- Century College (about 86 miles; White Bear Lake, MN; FT enrollment: 7,393)
Notable locations in Chicog: Byrkits Landing (A), Chicog Townhall (B), Chicog Volunteer Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Chicog Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Oak Lake (A), Pear Lake (B), Twin Lakes (C), Chicog Lake (D), Cloverleaf Lake (E), East Wilcox Lake (F), Middle Lake (G), North Twin Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Stuntz Brook (A), Casey Creek (B), McKenzie Creek (C), Chicog Creek (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||1.9 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.8% of all households
- Gay men: 0.8% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Chicog town (based on Washburn County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Washburn County:||5.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washburn County:||7.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||17.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.40% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,942 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Barron County, WI||0.91% ($27,770 average AGI)|
|from Sawyer County, WI||0.33% ($27,591)|
|from Douglas County, WI||0.28% ($17,632)|
5.73% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,167 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Chicog:
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WHSM (910 AM; 5 kW; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WDSM (710 AM; 10 kW; SUPERIOR, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWJC (850 AM; daytime; 10 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: WWJC, INC.)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- WAQE (1090 AM; daytime; 5 kW; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
- KDAL (610 AM; 5 kW; DULUTH, MN; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WDGY (630 AM; 8 kW; HUDSON, WI; Owner: 630 RADIO, INCORPORATED)
Strongest FM radio stations in Chicog:
- WHSM-FM (101.1 FM; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: QB BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WGMO (95.3 FM; SHELL LAKE, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOJB (88.9 FM; RESERVE, WI; Owner: LAC COURTE OREILLES OJIBWA PUBLIC)
- WRLS-FM (92.3 FM; HAYWARD, WI; Owner: VACATIONLAND BROADCASTER, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Chicog:
- W57AS (Channel 57; SPOONER, WI; Owner: HUBBARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W24CL (Channel 24; GRANTSBURG, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 18m59ftTotal length
- 6,025Total average daily traffic
- 464Total average daily truck traffic
- 4,165Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (64%)
- Wood (25%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (8%)
- Electricity (3%)
Chicog compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.