Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Detroit Lakes: Dunton Locks Detroit Lakes, MN
Detroit Lakes: Lakes at Detroit Lakes
Detroit Lakes: Sucker Creek Preserve on a Fall Day
Detroit Lakes: Detroit Lakes Beach
Detroit Lakes: On Detroit Lake Ice fishing
Detroit Lakes: A snowy day !
Detroit Lakes: Photo of Detroit Lakes train depot before remodeling.
Detroit Lakes: Detroit Lakes City
Detroit Lakes: DETROIT LAKES MARKET
Detroit Lakes: Campfire at Fair Hills Resort
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||39.8 years|
|Minnesota median age:||37.9 years|
Zip codes: 56501.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $26,997 (it was $18,509 in 2000)
Detroit Lakes city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $179,173 (it was $79,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $244,137; Detached houses: $261,093; Townhouses or other attached units: $216,404; In 2-unit structures: $136,694; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $237,416; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $199,359; Mobile homes: $85,532; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $58,570
Median gross rent in 2016: $746.
Races in Detroit Lakes, MN (2016)
- 8,07088.0%White alone
- 4234.6%American Indian alone
- 2933.2%Two or more races
- 860.9%Black alone
- 760.8%Asian alone
Latest news from Detroit Lakes, MN collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (29.5%), Norwegian (22.7%), American (5.4%), European (4.7%), Swedish (3.9%), Scandinavian (2.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1330 feet
Land area: 7.50 square miles.
Population density: 1,196 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Detroit Lakes:
- High school or higher: 93.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 28.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.8%
- Unemployed: 5.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 15.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Detroit Lakes city:
- Never married: 30.3%
- Now married: 44.8%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 10.1%
- Divorced: 14.0%
334 residents are foreign born (1.5% Europe, 1.3% Latin America, 0.6% Asia).
According to our research of Minnesota and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota as of July 21, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Detroit Lakes to the number of sex offenders is 9,174 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,528 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $1,233 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Fargo, ND (45.8 miles , pop. 90,599).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Minneapolis, MN (178.1 miles , pop. 382,618).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (530.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Audubon, MN (2.7 miles ), Frazee, MN (3.0 miles ), Vergas, MN (3.3 miles ), Callaway, MN (3.5 miles) , Lake Park, MN (3.6 miles ), Dent, MN (4.3 miles) , White Earth, MN (4.4 miles ), Perham, MN (4.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 22 buildings, average cost: $95,000
- 1998: 24 buildings, average cost: $95,000
- 1999: 25 buildings, average cost: $121,800
- 2000: 17 buildings, average cost: $228,200
- 2001: 19 buildings, average cost: $127,300
- 2002: 55 buildings, average cost: $111,900
- 2003: 36 buildings, average cost: $112,700
- 2004: 53 buildings, average cost: $151,000
- 2005: 63 buildings, average cost: $146,200
- 2006: 57 buildings, average cost: $161,000
- 2007: 64 buildings, average cost: $160,800
- 2008: 32 buildings, average cost: $159,100
- 2009: 30 buildings, average cost: $152,900
- 2010: 20 buildings, average cost: $117,600
- 2011: 20 buildings, average cost: $117,600
- 2012: 33 buildings, average cost: $217,100
- 2013: 34 buildings, average cost: $217,100
- 2014: 35 buildings, average cost: $217,100
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 46.81 N, Longitude: 95.84 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +5,225 (+56.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,326 (75.6%)
Area code: 218
|Crime rates in Detroit Lakes by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 282.1)||308.8||328.6||281.9||312.0||290.2||291.3||234.6||232.3||271.0||255.4||302.6||219.0||149.4||140.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Detroit Lakes detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.65|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -16 (-0.2%).
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Health care and social assistance (10%)
- Construction (8%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (29%)
- Retail trade (22%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Manufacturing (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Material moving occupations (10%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (13%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (11%)
- Healthcare support occupations (10%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
Average climate in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Detroit Lakes-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Minnesota state average. It is 17% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/20/1957, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 18.7 miles away from the Detroit Lakes city center killed 10 people and injured 103 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 6/28/1975, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 40.6 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Detroit Lakes-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Minnesota state average. It is 85% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 79.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 81.7 miles away from Detroit Lakes center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 249.3 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 86.0 miles away from the city center
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 731.1 miles away from Detroit Lakes center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/25/1990 at 06:25:25, a magnitude 3.9 (3.6 MB, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 244.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Becker County (17) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 14, Storms: 9, Tornadoes: 5, Blizzard: 1, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Dave Reichert - Politician, Janet Benshoof - Lawyer, Garrett Raboin - Ice hockey player, Jim Chivers - College basketball player (Loyola MD Greyhounds), Kathryn Knuttila - Beauty pageant winner.
Hospitals and medical centers in Detroit Lakes:
- ESSENTIA HEALTH ST MARYS (Voluntary non-profit - Church, 1027 WASHINGTON AVE)
- WEST HOME ("1118 WEST AVE, PO BOX 1355")
- EMMANUEL NURSING HOME (1415 MADISON AVENUE)
- ESSENTIA HEALTH OAK CROSSING (1040 LINCOLN AVENUE)
- SANFORD DIALYSIS DETROIT LAKES (114 EAST FRAZEE STREET)
- ST MARYS HOME HEALTH (114 FRAZEE STREET EAST)
airports located in Detroit Lakes:
- Detroit Lakes-Wething Field Airport (DTL) (Runways: 2, Air Taxi Ops: 2,600, Itinerant Ops: 4,500, Local Ops: 9,000, Military Ops: 100)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Detroit Lakes:
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College (about 39 miles; Fergus Falls, MN; Full-time enrollment: 4,863)
- Minnesota State University-Moorhead (about 44 miles; Moorhead, MN; FT enrollment: 6,096)
- Concordia College at Moorhead (about 44 miles; Moorhead, MN; FT enrollment: 2,767)
- North Dakota State University-Main Campus (about 46 miles; Fargo, ND; FT enrollment: 12,680)
- North Dakota State College of Science (about 52 miles; Wahpeton, ND; FT enrollment: 2,318)
- Bemidji State University (about 65 miles; Bemidji, MN; FT enrollment: 4,316)
- Alexandria Technical & Community College (about 70 miles; Alexandria, MN; FT enrollment: 2,324)
Public high schools in Detroit Lakes:
- DETROIT LAKES ALTERNATIVE PROG. (Location: 826 SUMMIT AVE, Grades: 10-12)
- DETROIT LAKES SENIOR HIGH (Location: 1301 ROOSEVELT AVE, Grades: 9-12)
- DETROIT LAKES AREA LEARNING CENTER (Location: 826 SUMMIT AVE, Grades: 9-12)
- HS CULTURE CLUB (Location: 702 LAKE AVENUE, Grades: 9-12)
- AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM (Location: 702 LAKE AVENUE, Grades: 9-12)
- HS EXTENDED YEAR PROGRAM (Location: 702 LAKE AVENUE, Grades: 9-12)
- DRAKE RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT CENTER (Location: 702 LAKE AVENUE, Grades: 6-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Detroit Lakes:
Private elementary/middle schools in Detroit Lakes:
- HOLY ROSARY CATHOLIC SCHOOL (Students: 107, Location: 1043 LAKE AVE, Grades: PK-8)
- FAITH CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 19, Location: 24688 COUNTY HIGHWAY 6, Grades: PK-5)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Callaway Elementary School, in Callaway MN, is also a part of the Detroit Lakes MN School Distrist. There are 85 students in grades K-5.
- Callaway Elementary School, in Callaway MN, is also a part of the Detroit Lakes MN School Distrist. There are 85 students in grades K-5.
Notable locations in Detroit Lakes: Shorewood Campgrounds (A), Detroit Lakes Station (B), Becker County Fairgrounds (C), American Legion Campgrounds (D), Becker County Courthouse (E), Becker County Sheriff's Office (F), Detroit Lakes Fire Department (G), Becker County Museum (H), Detroit Lakes City Police Department (I), Detroit Lakes Sports Arena (J), Detroit Lakes Public Library (K). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Washington Square Mall (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Detroit Lakes include: First Lutheran Church (A), Congregational Church (B), Berean Baptist Church (C), Holy Rosary Catholic Church (D), Zion Lutheran Church (E), Seventh Day Adventist Church (F), First Baptist Church (G), Mount Olive Lutheran Church (H), Jehovahs Witnesses (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Oak Grove Cemetery (1), Holy Rosary Catholic Church (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Detroit Lake (A), Deadshot Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Sucker Creek Number Two (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: Becker County Historical Society (Museums; 714 Summit Avenue), Charlie's Ottertail Tubing (Amusement & Theme Parks; 38789 State Highway 34), Go-Putt N Bump (Amusement & Theme Parks; 15802 USHighway 59), Laabs Art Studio (Tours & Charters; 21168 Klein Road).
Hotels: Castaway Inn & Resort (1226 South Shore Drive), Budget Host Inn (895 Highway 10 East), Pine To Palm Motel (702 West Lake Drive), Holland House Best Western Suites (Highway 10 East), Country Inn-Stes Detroit Lakes (1330 Highway 10 East), Best Western Holland House (615 US Highway 10 East), Detroit Lakes Lodge (1334 Washington Avenue), Americinn - Detroit Lakes- Mn (777 Highway 10 E), Super 8 Motel (400 Morrow Avenue).
Court: Minnesota State Offices - Court 7th Judicial District (1000 Highway 10 West).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 64.7. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 32.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 2.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 6.26. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 2.7 miles away from the city center.
(17.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 57.7% for Black residents, 29.9% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 18.2% for American Indian residents, 50.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Detroit Lakes in 2010:
- 209 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 66 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 57 people in group homes intended for adults
45 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Banks with branches in Detroit Lakes (2011 data):
- Midwest Bank: at 613 Highway 10 East, branch established on 1917/06/01; Detroit Lakes Wal-Mart Branch at 1583 Highway 10 West, branch established on 2001/02/28. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $299.8 mil, Deposits: $265.2 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Midwest Bank Group, Inc.
- BREMER BANK, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION: Detroit Lakes Branch at 115 East Holmes Street, branch established on 1919/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $1,562.1 mil, Deposits: $1,223.3 mil, headquarters in Fargo, ND, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 18 total offices, Holding Company: Otto Bremer Foundation
- State Bank & Trust: Detroit Lakes Branch at 920 Lake Avenue, branch established on 1896/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $2,226.6 mil, Deposits: $1,916.5 mil, headquarters in Fargo, ND, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 16 total offices, Holding Company: State Bankshares, Inc.
- First Security Bank - Sleepy Eye: Detroit Lakes Branch at 611 Summitt Avenue, branch established on 1990/03/16. Info updated 2011/03/15: Bank assets: $184.1 mil, Deposits: $157.6 mil, headquarters in Sleepy Eye, MN, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 7 total offices, Holding Company: First Sleepy Eye Bancorporation, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Detroit Lakes Branch at 211 West Holmes, branch established on 1929/03/25. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- American National Bank of Minnesota: Detroit Lakes Branch at 1325 Highway 10 West, branch established on 1988/12/27. Info updated 2006/05/05: Bank assets: $278.8 mil, Deposits: $227.6 mil, headquarters in Baxter, MN, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: American Bancorporation Of Minnesota, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Detroit Lakes city (based on Becker County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Becker County:||1.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|Minnesota:||1.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Becker County:||0.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|Minnesota:||0.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Becker County:||7.53 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.53 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.98 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Detroit Lakes, MN Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$23,746||$71,238||1||$1,724|
|Police Protection - Officers||14||$80,274||$68,806||0||$0|
|Police - Other||2||$7,510||$45,060||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||13||$59,771||$55,173||1||$327|
|Parks and Recreation||6||$25,736||$51,472||2||$1,451|
|Other and Unallocable||3||$12,631||$50,524||3||$2,503|
|Totals for Government||76||$392,645||$61,997||8||$7,556|
Detroit Lakes government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Air Transportation: $221,000 ($24.66)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $6,975,000 ($778.37)
Liquor Stores: $2,066,000 ($230.55)
Sewerage: $1,217,000 ($135.81)
Regular Highways: $947,000 ($105.68)
Police Protection: $879,000 ($98.09)
Parks & Recreation: $607,000 ($67.74)
Water Utilities: $596,000 ($66.51)
General - Other: $419,000 ($46.76)
Central Staff Services: $388,000 ($43.30)
Libraries: $211,000 ($23.55)
Housing & Community Development: $191,000 ($21.31)
Fire Protection: $186,000 ($20.76)
Financial Administration: $152,000 ($16.96)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $108,000 ($12.05)
Solid Waste Management: $82,000 ($9.15)
Judicial and Legal Services: $66,000 ($7.37)
Air Transportation: $57,000 ($6.36)
General Public Buildings: $16,000 ($1.79)
Private Transit Subsidies: $10,000 ($1.12)
Health Services - Other: $1,000 ($0.11)
- General - Interest on Debt: $1,080,000 ($120.52)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $3,185,000 ($355.43)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $16,000 ($1.79)
Detroit Lakes government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Air Transportation: $56,000 ($6.25)
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,068,000 ($119.18)
All Other: $673,000 ($75.10)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $186,000 ($20.76)
Housing & Community Development: $10,000 ($1.12)
Education: $0 ($0.00)
Highways: $0 ($0.00)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $44,000 ($4.91)
General Support: $23,000 ($2.57)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $1,281,000 ($142.95)
Special Assessments: $777,000 ($86.71)
Rents: $258,000 ($28.79)
General Revenue, NEC: $241,000 ($26.89)
Property Sale Other: $171,000 ($19.08)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $7,301,000 ($814.75)
Liquor Stores: $2,330,000 ($260.02)
Water Utilities: $619,000 ($69.08)
- State Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $1,936,000 ($216.05)
General Support: $1,727,000 ($192.72)
Highways: $972,000 ($108.47)
All Other: $23,000 ($2.57)
- Tax - Property: $1,592,000 ($177.66)
Other Selective Sales: $117,000 ($13.06)
NEC: $72,000 ($8.03)
Detroit Lakes government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Industrial Revenue: $4,101,000 ($457.65)
Water Utilities: $313,000 ($34.93)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $12,614,000 ($1407.66)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $5,651,000 ($630.62)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $17,405,000 ($1942.31)
Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $313,000 ($34.93)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $3,579,000 ($399.40)
- Long Term Debt Retired Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $522,000 ($58.25)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $860,000 ($95.97)
Detroit Lakes government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $14,708,000 ($1641.33)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $4,885,000 ($545.14)
5.66% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,120 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Cass County, ND||0.73% ($41,239 average AGI)|
|from Otter Tail County, MN||0.58% ($36,151)|
|from Clay County, MN||0.56% ($42,500)|
5.58% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,980 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Detroit Lakes:
- KDLM (1340 AM; 1 kW; DETROIT LAKES, MN; Owner: LEIGHTON ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- KPRM (870 AM; 25 kW; PARK RAPIDS, MN; Owner: DE LA HUNT BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KBRF (1250 AM; 10 kW; FERGUS FALLS, MN; Owner: RESULT RADIO, INC.)
- WWNL (1080 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: STEEL CITY RADIO, INC.)
- KQWB (1660 AM; 10 kW; WEST FARGO, ND; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- KFNW (1200 AM; 10 kW; WEST FARGO, ND; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- KFGO (790 AM; 5 kW; FARGO, ND; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WDAY (970 AM; 5 kW; FARGO, ND; Owner: FORUM COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY)
- KVOX (1280 AM; 5 kW; MOORHEAD, MN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KXMR (710 AM; 50 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: RADIO BISMARCK MANDAN, LLC)
- KKCQ (1480 AM; 5 kW; FOSSTON, MN; Owner: PINE TO PRAIRIE BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Detroit Lakes:
- KRCQ (102.3 FM; DETROIT LAKES, MN; Owner: DETROIT LAKES BROADCASTING COMPANY,)
- KRVI (95.1 FM; DETROIT LAKES, MN; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KZCR (103.3 FM; FERGUS FALLS, MN; Owner: RESULT RADIO, INC)
- KBOT (104.1 FM; PELICAN RAPIDS, MN; Owner: WASHINGTON RADIO, INC,)
- KVOX-FM (99.9 FM; MOORHEAD, MN; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- KCCM-FM (91.1 FM; MOORHEAD, MN; Owner: MINNESOTA PUBLIC RADIO)
TV broadcast stations around Detroit Lakes:
- K49FA (Channel 49; FERGUS FALLS, MN; Owner: WEST CENTRAL MINNESOTA ED. TV CORP.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 16Number of bridges
- 49m161ftTotal length
- $748,000Total costs
- 79,003Total average daily traffic
- 4,441Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 87 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Detroit Lakes, MN)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 40 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Detroit Lakes)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 30 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Detroit Lakes)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Detroit Lakes and their reported violations in the past:BRANDY LAKE ESTATES (Population served: 50, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Average - Between JUN-16-2009 and JUN-15-2019, Contaminant: Arsenic. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (JUL-16-2009), St Compliance Meeting conducted (JUL-16-2009), St Public Notif requested (2 times from JUL-16-2009 to NOV-13-2009), St Public Notif received (DEC-17-2009), St Public Notif requested (3 times from APR-06-2010 to NOV-10-2010), St Formal NOV issued (JUL-18-2013), St AO (w/o penalty) issued (JAN-10-2014), St Public Notif received (MAR-31-2014)
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In OCT-01-2007, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (2 times from SEP-05-2007 to SEP-13-2007), St Public Notif requested (NOV-01-2007), St Formal NOV issued (NOV-01-2007), St Compliance achieved (AUG-12-2008)
- 4 routine major monitoring violations
Drinking water stations with addresses in Detroit Lakes that have no violations reported:
- DETROIT LAKES (Population served: 8,500, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 66
- Hazardous Condition: 64
Incident types - Detroit Lakes
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota:
- Best Western Holland House & Suites, 615 Hwy 10 E, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota 56501 , Phone: (218) 847-4483, Fax: (218) 847-1770
- The Lodge On Lake Detroit, 1200 E Shore Dr, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota 56501 , Phone: (218) 847-8439
- Holiday Inn On The Lake, 1155 Hwy 10 E, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota 56501 , Phone: (218) 847-2121, Fax: (218) 847-2121
|Most common first names in Detroit Lakes, MN among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Detroit Lakes, MN among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (55%)
- Electricity (36%)
- Other fuel (3%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Detroit Lakes, MN|
|Holiday Inn||1||True Value||1|
Detroit Lakes compared to Minnesota state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Detroit Lakes on our top lists:
- #83 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Health technologists and technicians (population 5,000+)"
- #26 (56501) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Norwegian first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
Total of 27 patent applications in 2008-2018.