El Paso, Wisconsin
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||41.7 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54011.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $29,224 (it was $19,441 in 2000)
El Paso town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $218,289 (it was $141,300 in 2000)
Races in El Paso, WI (2010)
- 66197.1%White alone
- 10.1%Black alone
- 10.1%American Indian alone
- 10.1%Two or more races
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The decline of the U.S. Agriculture industry visualized Apr 23
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
|Is Milwaukee really that dangerous? (126 replies)|
|Milwaukee one of the poorest cities in America (67 replies)|
|Friendliness? (125 replies)|
|don't move to wisconsin (237 replies)|
|Milwaukee County Migration (32 replies)|
|Why does Hurley have so many strip clubs? (11 replies)|
Latest news from El Paso, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (53.9%), Norwegian (24.6%), Irish (14.2%), Swedish (6.8%), English (4.8%), Czech (3.5%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 910 feet
Land area: 35.1 square miles.
Population density: 19 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in El Paso:
- High school or higher: 89.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.0%
- Unemployed: 2.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in El Paso town:
- Never married: 26.5%
- Now married: 59.1%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 6.3%
- Divorced: 7.8%
2 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|El Paso town:||1.0% ($1,431)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (41.3 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (41.7 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (307.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Rock Elm, WI (2.5 miles ), Ellsworth, WI (2.8 miles ), Martell, WI (2.8 miles ), Spring Lake, WI (2.9 miles ), Spring Valley, WI (3.0 miles ), Elmwood, WI (3.0 miles ), Plum City, WI (3.1 miles ), Isabelle, WI (3.4 miles ).
Latitude: 44.73 N, Longitude: 92.32 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (23%)
- Construction (15%)
- Metal and metal products (6%)
- Repair and maintenance (6%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Leather and allied products (4%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Health care (18%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Food and beverage stores (5%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (3%)
- Farmers and farm managers (19%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (8%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Top executives (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (4%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (8%)
- Farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
Average climate in El Paso, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
El Paso-area historical tornado activity is near Wisconsin state average. It is 24% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/4/1958, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 11.7 miles away from the El Paso town center killed 21 people and injured 74 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 9/12/1951, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 13.9 miles away from the town center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:El Paso-area historical earthquake activity is below Wisconsin state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 192.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 204.1 miles away from El Paso center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 351.4 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 284.7 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 232.7 miles away from El Paso center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 132.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Pierce County (11) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 6, Tornadoes: 5, Heavy Rains: 2, Drought: 1, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near El Paso:
- PIETY PLACE (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; ELLSWORTH, WI)
- PIERCE CTY HOME CARE (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; ELLSWORTH, WI)
- ELLSWORTH CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; ELLSWORTH, WI)
- HERITAGE OF ELMWOOD NH (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; ELMWOOD, WI)
- PLUM CITY CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; PLUM CITY, WI)
- BALDWIN AREA MED CTR Critical Access Hospitals (about 11 miles away; BALDWIN, WI)
- PARK VIEW HOME (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; WOODVILLE, WI)
Operable nuclear power plants near El Paso:
- 17 miles: Prairie Island 1 and 2 in Red Wing, MN.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to El Paso:
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls (about 17 miles; River Falls, WI; Full-time enrollment: 5,868)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 23 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- Inver Hills Community College (about 37 miles; Inver Grove Heights, MN; FT enrollment: 4,049)
- Dakota County Technical College (about 38 miles; Rosemount, MN; FT enrollment: 2,478)
- Century College (about 39 miles; White Bear Lake, MN; FT enrollment: 7,393)
- Metropolitan State University (about 40 miles; Saint Paul, MN; FT enrollment: 6,159)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 41 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 4,038)
Cemeteries: Lost Creek Cemetery (1), Saint Josephs Catholic Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Cave Creek (A), Brush Creek (B), Lost Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for El Paso town (based on Pierce County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Pierce County:||1.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pierce County:||3.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.77% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,364 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from St. Croix County, WI||1.06% ($33,196 average AGI)|
|from Dakota County, MN||0.46% ($41,485)|
|from Washington County, MN||0.46% ($49,353)|
6.83% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($35,572 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in El Paso:
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WDGY (630 AM; 8 kW; HUDSON, WI; Owner: 630 RADIO, INCORPORATED)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WIXK (1590 AM; daytime; 5 kW; NEW RICHMOND, WI; Owner: WIXK-AM, LLC)
- WMGT (1220 AM; 5 kW; STILLWATER, MN; Owner: ENDURANCE BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WAYY (790 AM; 5 kW; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WXCE (1260 AM; 5 kW; AMERY, WI; Owner: LAKE COUNTRY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KCUE (1250 AM; 1 kW; RED WING, MN; Owner: SORENSON BROADCASTING CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in El Paso:
- W211AY (90.1 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WVSS (90.7 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: BD. OF REGENTS, UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- KWNG (105.9 FM; RED WING, MN; Owner: SORENSON BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHWC (88.3 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WXPT (104.1 FM; ST. LOUIS PARK, MN; Owner: THE AUDIO HOUSE, INC.)
- KNOW-FM (91.1 FM; MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: MINNESOTA PUBLIC RADIO)
- WLTE (102.9 FM; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WDMO (95.9 FM; DURAND, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KSTP-FM (94.5 FM; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-FM, LLC, A DELAWARE LLC)
- KLCH (94.9 FM; LAKE CITY, MN; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KEEY-FM (102.1 FM; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KTIS-FM (98.5 FM; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- KDWB-FM (101.3 FM; RICHFIELD, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KQRS-FM (92.5 FM; GOLDEN VALLEY, MN; Owner: KQRS, Inc.)
- KSJN (99.5 FM; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: MINNESOTA PUBLIC RADIO)
- KXXR (93.7 FM; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: KQRS, INC.)
- WEVR-FM (106.3 FM; RIVER FALLS, WI; Owner: HANTEN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KMFX-FM (102.5 FM; LAKE CITY, MN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCAL (89.3 FM; NORTHFIELD, MN; Owner: ST. OLAF COLLEGE)
- K297AF (107.3 FM; RED WING, MN; Owner: KRCH OF MINNESOTA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around El Paso:
- WHWC-TV (Channel 28; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- KMSP-TV (Channel 9; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- KARE (Channel 11; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: MULTIMEDIA HOLDINGS CORPORATION)
- KSTP-TV (Channel 5; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: HUBBARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTCA-TV (Channel 2; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: TWIN CITIES PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC.)
- WCCO-TV (Channel 4; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- KTCI-TV (Channel 17; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: TWIN CITIES PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC.)
- KSTC-TV (Channel 45; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: HUBBARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMWB (Channel 23; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: KLGT LICENSEE, LLC)
- WFTC (Channel 29; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- KXLT-TV (Channel 47; ROCHESTER, MN; Owner: SHOCKLEY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WQOW-TV (Channel 18; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WXOW-WQOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- W55AP (Channel 55; RIVER FALLS, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 15Number of bridges
- 35m115ftTotal length
- $2,047,000Total costs
- 4,385Total average daily traffic
- 86Total average daily truck traffic
- 4,965Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (64%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (16%)
- Electricity (11%)
- Wood (7%)
- Utility gas (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
El Paso compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.