We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||44.8 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54755.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $23,220 (it was $14,769 in 2000)
Gilmanton town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $132,764 (it was $71,700 in 2000)
Races in Gilmanton, WI (2010)
- 41296.7%White alone
- 61.4%Two or more races
- 10.2%Black alone
|Considering moving to WI-how would you sell your favorite town/city? (65 replies)|
|Moving to Wisconsin with Family - pls advice (22 replies)|
Latest news from Gilmanton, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (41.7%), Norwegian (33.8%), Swiss (9.1%), English (8.3%), Polish (4.3%), Irish (3.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 786 feet
Land area: 36.3 square miles.
Population density: 12 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Gilmanton:
- High school or higher: 84.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.9%
- Unemployed: 2.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Gilmanton town:
- Never married: 20.8%
- Now married: 66.7%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 5.7%
- Divorced: 6.9%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Gilmanton town:||1.1% ($771)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (25.7 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (77.4 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (272.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Modena, WI (2.5 miles ), Mondovi, WI (2.6 miles ), Montana, WI (2.8 miles ), Naples, WI (2.9 miles ), Canton, WI (2.9 miles ), Chimney Rock, WI (3.4 miles ), Drammen, WI (3.6 miles ), Waumandee, WI (3.6 miles ).
Latitude: 44.47 N, Longitude: 91.69 W
Area code: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (43%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (9%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Food (4%)
- Farm supplies merchant wholesalers (4%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Health care (4%)
- Health care (16%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (10%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Truck transportation (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (34%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (9%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (13%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (11%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (11%)
- Farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (4%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (4%)
Average climate in Gilmanton, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Gilmanton-area historical tornado activity is near Wisconsin state average. It is 13% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/4/1958, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 40.0 miles away from the Gilmanton town center killed 21 people and injured 74 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 6/4/1958, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 29.4 miles away from the town center killed 4 people and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Gilmanton-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 227.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 251.7 miles away from Gilmanton center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 239.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 460.6 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 437.5 miles away from Gilmanton center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 381.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Buffalo County (12) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 7, Tornadoes: 5, Heavy Rains: 2, Drought: 1, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Harold R. W. Benjamin - Educator.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Gilmanton:
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 25 miles; Eau Claire, WI; Full-time enrollment: 4,038)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 25 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota (about 30 miles; Winona, MN; FT enrollment: 4,022)
- Winona State University (about 30 miles; Winona, MN; FT enrollment: 8,397)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 32 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- Rochester Community and Technical College (about 48 miles; Rochester, MN; FT enrollment: 4,444)
- Western Technical College (about 51 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 3,377)
Public high school in Gilmanton:
- GILMANTON HIGH (Students: 178, Location: S889 LARSON RD, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Gilmanton:
- GILMANTON ELEMENTARY (Location: W756 COUNTY ROAD Z, Grades: PK-4)
- GILMANTON MIDDLE (Location: S889 LARSON RD, Grades: 5-8)
Cemetery: Gilmanton Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoir: 02 Reservoir (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creeks: Hadley Creek (A), Elk Creek (B), Pratt Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.6% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Banks with branches in Gilmanton (2011 data):
- Alliance Bank: Gilmanton Branch at S879 State Road 88, branch established on 1988/08/12. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $148.0 mil, Deposits: $131.8 mil, headquarters in Mondovi, WI, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Gebsco, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Gilmanton town (based on Buffalo County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Buffalo County:||2.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Buffalo County:||5.79 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||13.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.02% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,131 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Winona County, MN||0.73% ($29,976 average AGI)|
|from Eau Claire County, WI||0.73% ($28,390)|
|from Trempealeau County, WI||0.62% ($28,571)|
5.26% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,726 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Gilmanton:
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WQOQ (1430 AM; 2 kW; DURAND, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WAYY (790 AM; 5 kW; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WEAQ (1150 AM; 5 kW; CHIPPEWA FALLS, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WDGY (630 AM; 8 kW; HUDSON, WI; Owner: 630 RADIO, INCORPORATED)
- WOGO (680 AM; 3 kW; HALLIE, WI; Owner: STEWARDS OF SOUND, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Gilmanton:
- WDMO (95.9 FM; DURAND, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WAXX (104.5 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- KMFX-FM (102.5 FM; LAKE CITY, MN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WUEC (89.7 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS, UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- WHWC (88.3 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- KHME (101.1 FM; WINONA, MN; Owner: KAGE, INC.)
- WHTL-FM (102.3 FM; WHITEHALL, WI; Owner: THE WHTL GROUP, L.L.C.)
- KNXR (97.5 FM; ROCHESTER, MN; Owner: UNITED AUDIO CORPORATION)
- KQAL (89.5 FM; WINONA, MN; Owner: WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WBIZ-FM (100.7 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KWNG (105.9 FM; RED WING, MN; Owner: SORENSON BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KAGE-FM (95.3 FM; WINONA, MN; Owner: KAGE, INC.)
- WECL (92.9 FM; ELK MOUND, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WISM-FM (98.1 FM; ALTOONA, WI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHEM (91.3 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: FOURTH DIMENSION, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Gilmanton:
- WKBT (Channel 8; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: QUEENB TELEVISION, LLC)
- WEAU-TV (Channel 13; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WEAU LICENSEE CORP.)
- WQOW-TV (Channel 18; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WXOW-WQOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WHWC-TV (Channel 28; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- KXLT-TV (Channel 47; ROCHESTER, MN; Owner: SHOCKLEY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WXOW-TV (Channel 19; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: WXOW-WQOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- K57CN (Channel 57; WABASHA, MN; Owner: HUBBARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 13Number of bridges
- 32m105ftTotal length
- $150,000Total costs
- 5,295Total average daily traffic
- 312Total average daily truck traffic
- 7,132Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Gilmanton and their reported violations in the past:LONGSHOTS BAR (Population served: 30, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In MAR-2011, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Boil Water Order (MAR-18-2011), St Public Notif received (MAR-21-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (MAR-21-2011), St Public Notif requested (MAR-21-2011), St Other (MAR-30-2011), St Compliance achieved (MAR-30-2011)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Gilmanton that have no violations reported:
- PANTHER CAFE (Population served: 50, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH (Population served: 30, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (48%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (35%)
- Wood (16%)
- Electricity (1%)
Gilmanton compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.