We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||50.3 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04607.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $25,359 (it was $18,203 in 2000)
Gouldsboro town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $169,934 (it was $90,000 in 2000)
Races in Gouldsboro, ME (2010)
- 1,67596.4%White alone
- 80.5%Two or more races
- 50.3%American Indian alone
- 30.2%Black alone
- 40.2%Asian alone
- 10.06%Other race alone
|How bad is working a min wage job up in northern Maine (1 person) (36 replies)|
|Why is crime so high in Biddeford? (32 replies)|
|Preparing for a move to Maine in 2016 (30 replies)|
|Ice & Slush or SNOW in Coastal maine? (45 replies)|
|Mainers! How is your summer going? :) (7 replies)|
|Looking for Realtor/Land Between Gouldsboro-Jonesboro (1 reply)|
Latest news from Gouldsboro, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Gouldsboro, ME City Guides:
Ancestries: English (24.6%), United States (18.5%), Irish (11.5%), German (8.1%), French (5.0%), Scottish (4.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 02/16/1789
Elevation: 107 feet
Land area: 46.1 square miles.
Population density: 38 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Gouldsboro:
- High school or higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.7%
- Unemployed: 3.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Gouldsboro town:
- Never married: 22.9%
- Now married: 61.2%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 6.8%
- Divorced: 8.5%
32 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Gouldsboro, Maine as of April 30, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Gouldsboro to the number of sex offenders is 499 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Gouldsboro town:||1.0% ($914)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (122.6 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (211.4 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (386.3 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Winter Harbor, ME (2.0 miles ), Steuben, ME (2.7 miles ), Sorrento, ME (2.8 miles ), Bar Harbor, ME (3.0 miles ), Sullivan, ME (3.0 miles ), Milbridge, ME (3.3 miles ), Hancock, ME (3.7 miles ), Cherryfield, ME (3.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 10 buildings, average cost: $91,300
- 1998: 9 buildings, average cost: $94,800
- 1999: 9 buildings, average cost: $94,000
- 2000: 12 buildings, average cost: $94,100
- 2001: 31 buildings, average cost: $80,100
- 2002: 26 buildings, average cost: $132,900
- 2003: 18 buildings, average cost: $87,800
- 2004: 22 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 2005: 24 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 2006: 11 buildings, average cost: $135,200
- 2007: 12 buildings, average cost: $212,000
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $167,500
- 2009: 8 buildings, average cost: $210,500
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $210,000
- 2011: 7 buildings, average cost: $133,600
- 2012: 6 buildings, average cost: $157,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 44.43 N, Longitude: 68.04 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
|Crime rates in Gouldsboro by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||81.8||74.5||78.5||68.8||27.3||28.9||71.4||76.2||41.7||45.0||24.6||50.2||51.7|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Gouldsboro detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.15|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (23%)
- Construction (14%)
- Food (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Transportation equipment (5%)
- Health care (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (4%)
- Educational services (15%)
- Health care (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Food (9%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Food and beverage stores (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (19%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
Average climate in Gouldsboro, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Gouldsboro-area historical earthquake activity is near Maine state average. It is 93% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 7.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 280.1 miles away from Gouldsboro center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 188.3 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 314.0 miles away from the city center
On 2/26/1999 at 03:38:43, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 2.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 73.0 miles away from Gouldsboro center
On 9/22/2006 at 10:39:21, a magnitude 3.4 (3.4 LG, Depth: 4.3 mi) earthquake occurred 9.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hancock County (16) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 7, Snows: 5, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Gouldsboro:
- University of Maine (about 45 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 47 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 87 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 105 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 122 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 124 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 129 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
Public elementary/middle school in Gouldsboro:
- Gouldsboro Grammar School (Location: 22 SCHOOL ST PO BOX 129; Grades: K-8)
Notable locations in Gouldsboro: Bartlett Maine Estate Winery (A), Gouldsboro Volunteer Fire Department Station 3 (B), Gouldsboro Volunteer Fire Department Station 1 (C), Gouldsboro Volunteer Fire Department Station 2 (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Gouldsboro include: West Gouldsboro Union Church (A), Prospect Harbor United Methodist Church (B), Gouldsboro United Methodist Church (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Corea Cemetery (1), Hillcrest Cemetery (2), Hillside Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Upper Pond (A), Chicken Millpond (B), Forbes Pond (C), Lily Pond (D), Jones Pond (E), Lower West Bay Pond (F), Little Pond (G), Dingle Meadow Heath (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Tucker Creek (A), Whitten Parritt Stream (B), Libby Brook (C), Nails Brook (D), Chicken Mill Stream (E), Dike Brook (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 66.2. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2012 was 0.151. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 10.5 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 0.126. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 11.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 31.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 6.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 6.79. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 11.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 4.67. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 11.3 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 1.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Gouldsboro compared to Maine state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (74%)
- Wood (11%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (11%)
- Electricity (4%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Gouldsboro town (based on Hancock County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hancock County:||6.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hancock County:||1.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hancock County:||4.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||21.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
5.45% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($38,886 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved from foreign countries ($382 average AGI)
Hancock County: 0.08% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||1.18% ($36,406 average AGI)|
|from Washington County, ME||0.28% ($21,300)|
|from Waldo County, ME||0.26% ($30,875)|
5.07% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,082 average adjusted gross income)
0.09% of residents moved to foreign countries ($362 average AGI)
Hancock County: 0.09% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Gouldsboro:
- WDEA (1370 AM; 5 kW; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Gouldsboro:
- WNSX (97.7 FM; WINTER HARBOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBQI (107.7 FM; BAR HARBOR, ME; Owner: MARINER BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- WLKE (99.1 FM; BAR HARBOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WERU-FM (89.9 FM; BLUE HILL, ME; Owner: SALT POND COMMUNITY B/C COMPANY)
- WWMJ (95.7 FM; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WHCF (88.5 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WMEH (90.9 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBFB (104.7 FM; BELFAST, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WEZQ (92.9 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WFZX (101.7 FM; SEARSPORT, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKIT-FM (100.3 FM; BREWER, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- Gouldsboro, Maine
- Fatal accident count9
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents16
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons:3
- Persons involved in fatal accidents36
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents1
- Maine average
- Fatal accident count58
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents82
- Fatal accidents involving drunken persons23
- Persons involved in fatal accidents140
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents4
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 1m3ftTotal length
- $1,774,000Total costs
- 3,636Total average daily traffic
- 322Total average daily truck traffic
- 5,101Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Gouldsboro)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:17 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- GOULDSBORO, 2 Mi Se (Lat: 44.458389 Lon: -68.103083), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 95.4 m, Call Sign: WML584
Assigned Frequencies: 6197.24 MHz, 6745.00 MHz, 6765.00 MHz
Grant Date: 12/28/2010, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Certifier: John E Rooney
Registrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Gouldsboro)
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: TIMMS DOUGLASS GLASAIR (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 403DT , Serial Number: DT-001, Year manufactured: 1991, Airworthiness Date: 04/04/1991
Registrant (Individual): Douglass D Timms, 31 Grange Rd, Gouldsboro, ME 04607
- Aircraft: PIPER J3C-65 (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 67 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C65 SERIES (65 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 42571 , Serial Number: 14852, Year manufactured: 1945, Airworthiness Date: 05/31/1960
Registrant (Individual): Robert P Jr Sawyer, 43 Taft Point Rd, Gouldsboro, ME 04607
- Aircraft: CESSNA 180 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 121 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 9484C , Serial Number: 31882, Year manufactured: 1955, Airworthiness Date: 07/21/1955
Registrant (Individual): Jayson C Knowles, 266 Route 1, Gouldsboro, ME 04607
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 8
- Hazardous Condition: 5
Incident types - Gouldsboro
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2016.