Lawrenceville: Brunswick Clerk's Office - Designed by Marion J. Dimmock of Richmond, it was built in 1893. It is laid in six-course American bond.
Lawrenceville: Brunswick Courthouse - The Greek Revival courthouse was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||25.9 years|
|Virginia median age:||37.6 years|
Zip codes: 23868.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $12,787 (it was $12,353 in 2000)
Lawrenceville town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $95,485 (it was $61,500 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $497.
Races in Lawrenceville, VA (2010)
- 1,09676.2%Black alone
- 28219.6%White alone
- 221.5%Two or more races
- 80.6%Asian alone
- 20.1%American Indian alone
- 10.07%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 10.07%Other race alone
|Lawrenceville VA information (8 replies)|
|Speeding Ticket Lawyer (21 replies)|
|Lawrenceville VA (2 replies)|
|Missing Northern Virginia a Bit (29 replies)|
|Is Virginia a Northern or Southern state? (763 replies)|
|Wanna Buy a College? (7 replies)|
Latest news from Lawrenceville, VA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Subsaharan African (11.2%), English (5.8%), German (5.0%), Irish (3.2%), United States (2.9%), Scottish (2.0%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1874
Elevation: 256 feet
Land area: 0.92 square miles.
Population density: 1,193 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Lawrenceville:
- High school or higher: 75.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 21.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.6%
- Unemployed: 20.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lawrenceville town:
- Never married: 55.6%
- Now married: 28.7%
- Separated: 4.2%
- Widowed: 4.8%
- Divorced: 6.7%
104 residents are foreign born (1.0% Latin America, 0.7% Asia).
According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 14 registered sex offenders living in Lawrenceville, Virginia as of August 01, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Lawrenceville to the number of sex offenders is 93 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $552 (0.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $615 (0.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Rocky Mount, NC (55.7 miles , pop. 55,893).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Raleigh, NC (78.6 miles , pop. 276,093).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (267.8 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Alberta, VA (2.7 miles ), Warfield, VA (3.1 miles) , Brodnax, VA (3.3 miles ), Gasburg, VA (3.7 miles ), La Crosse, VA (3.8 miles ), Ebony, VA (3.8 miles) , South Hill, VA (4.0 miles ), McKenney, VA (4.1 miles ).
Latitude: 36.76 N, Longitude: 77.85 W
Area code: 434
|Crime rates in Lawrenceville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||109.7||119.7||141.8||307.0||199.7||246.2||375.7||193.8||239.2||398.3||246.0||108.6||225.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Lawrenceville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||4.77|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (22%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (9%)
- Wholesale trade (6%)
- Retail trade (5%)
- Retail trade (24%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Health care and social assistance (17%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (7%)
- Information (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Management occupations (13%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (12%)
- Personal care and service occupations (11%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (7%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (26%)
- Sales and related occupations (22%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (14%)
- Personal care and service occupations (11%)
- Healthcare support occupations (5%)
- Production occupations (4%)
- Management occupations (3%)
Average climate in Lawrenceville, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lawrenceville-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Virginia state average. It is 16% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/14/1986, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 4.7 miles away from the Lawrenceville town center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 11/28/1988, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 32.0 miles away from the town center killed 4 people and injured 154 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Lawrenceville-area historical earthquake activity is near Virginia state average. It is 85% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/9/2003 at 20:59:14, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, 4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 57.4 miles away from the city center
On 5/5/2003 at 16:32:32, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 70.0 miles away from Lawrenceville center
On 10/21/1998 at 05:56:47, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.3 LG, Depth: 8.3 mi) earthquake occurred 51.6 miles away from the city center
On 3/15/1991 at 06:54:08, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 10.9 mi) earthquake occurred 68.4 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 349.0 miles away from Lawrenceville center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 354.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Brunswick County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 4, Droughts: 2, Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Ice Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Duke Brett - Baseball player, Jim Mallory - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Lawrenceville:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Lawrenceville:
- LIBERTY DIALYSIS - SOUTH HILL (Dialysis Facility, about 15 miles away; SOUTH HILL, VA)
- CMH HOME HEALTH COMMUN HOSPICE (Home Health Center, about 15 miles away; SOUTH HILL, VA)
- COMMUNITY MEMORIAL HEALTHCENTER, INC Acute Care Hospitals (about 16 miles away; SOUTH HILL, VA)
- COMMUNITY MEM HOSP (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; SOUTH HILL, VA)
Airports located in Lawrenceville:
- Lawrenceville/Brunswick Municipal Airport (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 700, Local Ops: 2,000, Military Ops: 106)
College/University in Lawrenceville:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lawrenceville:
- Southside Virginia Community College (about 7 miles; Alberta, VA; Full-time enrollment: 3,716)
- Virginia State University (about 41 miles; Petersburg, VA; FT enrollment: 5,815)
- Vance-Granville Community College (about 47 miles; Henderson, NC; FT enrollment: 3,232)
- John Tyler Community College (about 48 miles; Chester, VA; FT enrollment: 5,864)
- Longwood University (about 49 miles; Farmville, VA; FT enrollment: 4,565)
- Nash Community College (about 55 miles; Rocky Mount, NC; FT enrollment: 2,520)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (about 59 miles; Richmond, VA; FT enrollment: 26,647)
Private high school in Lawrenceville:
Public elementary/middle schools in Lawrenceville:
- James S. Russell Junior High School (Students: 539; Location: 19400 CHRISTANNA HWY; Grades: 6-8)
- Totaro Elementary School (Students: 483; Location: 19350 CHRISTANNA HIGHWAY; Grades: PK-5)
- Sturgeon Elementary School (Students: 186; Location: 1718 FARMER'S FIELD ROAD; Grades: PK-6)
- Meherrin Powellton Elementary School (Location: 11555 DRY BREAD ROAD)
- Southside L.I.N.K. Project/Brunswick Co School (Location: C/O BRUNSWICK CO PUBLIC SCHLS)
- Brunswick Sr. High School (Location: 2171 LAWRENCEVILLE PLANK RD)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Churches in Lawrenceville. Lawrenceville United Methodist Church. Minister Dr. Steve Bradley. added by Donnie
Notable locations in Lawrenceville: Lawrenceville Volunteer Fire Department Company 7 (A), Meherrin Regional Library (B), James Solomon Russell Memorial Library (C), Brunswick County Jail (D), Brunswick County Courthouse (E), Lawrenceville Police Department (F), Brunswick County Sheriff's Office (G), Lawrenceville Police Chief (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Lawrenceville include: Saint Bernard Church (A), Lawrenceville Baptist Church (B), Lawrenceville Presbyterian Church (C), Saint Andrews Episcopal Church (D), Saint James African Methodist Episcopal Church (E), Saint Pauls Memorial Chapel (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Oakwood Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Brunswick County Museum Inc (228 North Main Street Rm 104).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Lawrenceville and their reported violations in the past:ALBERTA, TOWN OF (Population served: 700, Purch surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- Treatment Technique No Certif. Operator - In DEC-14-2011, Contaminant: DBP Stage 1. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (DEC-16-2011), St Formal NOV issued (DEC-16-2011), St Public Notif received (JAN-17-2012), St Compliance achieved (FEB-24-2012)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In AUG-2009, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-18-2009), St Formal NOV issued (SEP-18-2009), St Public Notif received (OCT-05-2009), St Compliance achieved (MAR-17-2010)
- One routine major monitoring violation
(14.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 35.9% for Black residents)
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
47 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities in 2010
354 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus) in 2000
38 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) in 2000
Lawrenceville compared to Virginia state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
Banks with branches in Lawrenceville (2011 data):
- First-Citizens Bank & Trust Company: Lawrenceville Branch at 112 East Hicks Street, branch established on 1969/09/15; Brunswick Square Branch at Brunswick Square Shopping Center, U.S. Highway 58 West, branch established on 1988/05/19. Info updated 2011/10/11: Bank assets: $20,566.4 mil, Deposits: $17,596.8 mil, headquarters in Raleigh, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 433 total offices, Holding Company: First Citizens Bancshares, Inc.
- Benchmark Community Bank: Lawrenceville Branch at 220 W. 5th Avenue, branch established on 1999/11/15. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $416.1 mil, Deposits: $370.1 mil, headquarters in Kenbridge, VA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices, Holding Company: Benchmark Bankshares, Inc.
- Bank of America, National Association: Lawrenceville Branch at 300 North Main Street, branch established on 1968/07/01. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (58%)
- Utility gas (18%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (12%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (7%)
- Wood (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Lawrenceville town (based on Brunswick County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Brunswick County:||1.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Brunswick County:||2.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||1.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|Brunswick County:||8.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||9||$4,171|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$199|
|Police Protection - Officers||5||$10,804||$25,930||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||8||$13,210||$19,815||3||$4,134|
|Totals for Government||22||$46,304||$25,257||14||$10,156|
4.95% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,851 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Mecklenburg County, VA||0.94% ($26,039 average AGI)|
|from Emporia city, VA||0.29% ($26,375)|
|from Greensville County, VA||0.26% ($29,357)|
5.95% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,673 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Lawrenceville:
- WLES (580 AM; 1 kW; LAWRENCEVILLE, VA; Owner: CHESAPEAKE-PORTSMOUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRVA (1140 AM; 50 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTAR (850 AM; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: SINCLAIR COMMUNICATIONS)
- WFTK (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; WAKE FOREST, NC; Owner: POSITIVE RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WDZY (1290 AM; 25 kW; COLONIAL HEIGHTS, VA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WSHV (1370 AM; daytime; 4 kW; SOUTH HILL, VA; Owner: OLD BELT BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WPTF (680 AM; 50 kW; RALEIGH, NC; Owner: FIRST STATE COMMUNICATIONS)
- WCKO (1110 AM; daytime; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WRJR (670 AM; 20 kW; CLAREMONT, VA; Owner: CHESAPEAKE-PORTSMOUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKLV (1440 AM; 5 kW; BLACKSTONE, VA; Owner: DENBAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSVS (800 AM; 5 kW; CREWE, VA; Owner: COLONIAL BROADCASTING OF CREWE, INC.)
- WGGM (820 AM; 10 kW; CHESTER, VA; Owner: HOFFMAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WARR (1520 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WARRENTON, NC; Owner: QUAD DIVISIONS, INC. DBA DARENSBURG BROADCASTING)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lawrenceville:
- W236AD (95.1 FM; LAWRENCEVILLE, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WHFD (105.5 FM; LAWRENCEVILLE, VA; Owner: WILLIS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSMY-FM (103.1 FM; ALBERTA, VA; Owner: MAINQUAD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJYA (89.3 FM; EMPORIA, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WKJS (104.7 FM; CREWE, VA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WYTT (97.9 FM; GASTON, NC; Owner: MAINQUAD, INC.)
- WKSK-FM (98.9 FM; SOUTH HILL, VA; Owner: OLD BELT BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WPTM (102.3 FM; ROANOKE RAPIDS, NC; Owner: MAINQUAD COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WYFL (92.5 FM; HENDERSON, NC; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WRTP-FM (90.1 FM; ROANOKE RAPIDS, NC; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WZRU (88.5 FM; ROANOKE RAPIDS, NC; Owner: ROANOKE VALLEY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBBC-FM (93.5 FM; BLACKSTONE, VA; Owner: DENBAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WFXQ (99.9 FM; CHASE CITY, VA; Owner: JOYNER RADIO, INC.)
- WPEX (90.9 FM; KENBRIDGE, VA; Owner: SEAVIEW COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lawrenceville:
- WWAY (Channel 3; WILMINGTON, NC; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- WUNP-TV (Channel 36; ROANOKE RAPIDS, NC; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WNVN-LP (Channel 20; ROANOKE RAPIDS, NC; Owner: MAINQUAD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WRPX (Channel 47; ROCKY MOUNT, NC; Owner: PAXSON RALEIGH LICENSE, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 8m26ftTotal length
- $3,630,000Total costs
- 18,200Total average daily traffic
- 2,032Total average daily truck traffic
- 26,298Total future (year 2031) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Lawrenceville)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:62 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Lawrenceville, VA)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:7
- Call Sign: KA8LNO, Licensee ID: L01007735
Grant Date: 04/22/2005, Expiration Date: 07/18/2015, Certifier: Mike Lupshu Jr
Registrant: Mike Lupshu Jr, 291 Iron Bridge Rd, Lawrenceville, VA 23868
- Call Sign: KE4MPA, Previous Call Sign: N4JVF, Licensee ID: L00836771
Grant Date: 03/25/2004, Expiration Date: 06/21/2014, Certifier: Martin L Lewis
Registrant: Martin L Lewis, Lawrenceville, VA 23868
- Call Sign: KG4ZPJ, Licensee ID: L00669085
Grant Date: 04/10/2003, Expiration Date: 04/10/2013, Cancellation Date: 08/01/2003, Certifier: William G Turner
Registrant: William G Turner, 13312 Western Mill Rd, Lawrenceville, VA 23868
- Call Sign: W4WGT, Previous Call Sign: KG4ZPJ, Licensee ID: L00669085
Grant Date: 08/01/2003, Expiration Date: 08/01/2013, Certifier: William G Turner
Registrant: William G Turner, 13312 Western Mill Rd, Lawrenceville, VA 23868
- Call Sign: KI4VAT, Licensee ID: L01267559
Grant Date: 04/10/2007, Expiration Date: 04/10/2017, Certifier: Shirley J Walker
Registrant: Shirley J Walker, 13312 Western Mill Rd, Lawrenceville, VA 23868
- Call Sign: KJ4BMV, Licensee ID: L01361111
Grant Date: 01/22/2008, Expiration Date: 01/22/2018, Cancellation Date: 02/15/2008, Certifier: Judy E Turner
Registrant: Judy E Turner, 13312 Western Mill Road, Lawrenceville, VA 23868
- Call Sign: WW4JET, Previous Call Sign: KJ4BMV, Licensee ID: L01361111
Grant Date: 02/15/2008, Expiration Date: 02/15/2018, Certifier: Judy E Turner
Registrant: Judy E Turner, 13312 Western Mill Road, Lawrenceville, VA 23868
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-181 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 2116U , Serial Number: 28-7990329, Year manufactured: 1979, Airworthiness Date: 02/15/1979
Registrant (Individual): Richard H Short, Po Box 32, Lawrenceville, VA 23868
- Aircraft: CESSNA 150F (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-200 SERIES (100 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 522DR , Serial Number: 15063327, Year manufactured: 1966, Airworthiness Date: 02/28/1966
Registrant (Co-Owned): Tarek Ibrahim, 123 W 5th Ave, Lawrenceville, VA 23868, Other Owners: Jerry R Haywald
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 41
- Hazardous Condition: 28
Incident types - Lawrenceville
|Most common first names in Lawrenceville, VA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Lawrenceville, VA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Lawrenceville, VA|