|Median resident age:||31.4 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54615.
Manchester town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $149,498 (it was $101,700 in 2000)
- White alone - 999 (97.7%)
- Black alone - 13 (1.3%)
- Hispanic - 9 (0.9%)
- Two or more races - 1 (0.10%)
|SWF, 62, not interested in retiring ... suggestions on where to move? (1 reply)|
|Question About Glendale (2 replies)|
|Wisconsin Retirement (11 replies)|
|Tips for visiting Madison on weekend of Wisconsin football (10 replies)|
|What happened to Northridge Mall? (55 replies)|
|Anyone Live in Waukesha? Relocating to the area (12 replies)|
Latest news from Manchester, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (57.7%), Dutch (7.8%), Polish (5.9%), Irish (5.4%), English (4.7%), United States (4.5%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 880 feet
Land area: 34.9 square miles.
Population density: 29 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Manchester:
- High school or higher: 76.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.2%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Manchester town:
- Never married: 23.0%
- Now married: 66.7%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 4.2%
- Divorced: 5.0%
2 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Manchester town:||1.1% ($1,114)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Oshkosh, WI (35.4 miles , pop. 62,916).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (44.7 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (145.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Kingston, WI (1.8 miles ), Markesan, WI (2.1 miles ), Friesland, WI (2.4 miles ), Marquette, WI (2.5 miles) , Mackford, WI (2.5 miles ), Dalton, WI (2.7 miles ), Cambria, WI (3.1 miles ), Randolph, WI (3.1 miles ).
Latitude: 43.67 N, Longitude: 89.07 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 920
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (23%)
- Construction (20%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Food (8%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Health care (24%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Food (7%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Metal and metal products (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (16%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (8%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (7%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (10%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (4%)
- Waiters and waitresses (3%)
Average climate in Manchester, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Manchester-area historical tornado activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 72% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/18/1996, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 22.5 miles away from the Manchester town center injured 12 people and caused $40 million in damages.
On 9/26/1951, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 10.0 miles away from the town center killed one person and injured 9 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Manchester-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 366.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 153.4 miles away from Manchester center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 341.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 365.2 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 136.4 miles away from Manchester center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 399.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Green Lake County (6) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 4, Tornadoes: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Manchester:
- RIVERDALE MANOR (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; MARKESAN, WI)
- GOLDEN LIVINGCENTER-CONTINENTAL MANOR OF RANDOLPH (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; RANDOLPH, WI)
- MARKESAN RESIDENT HOME (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; MARKESAN, WI)
- SUNNYVIEW HEALTH CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; PRINCETON, WI)
- SUNNYVIEW VILLAGE (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; PRINCETON, WI)
- MONTELLO CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; MONTELLO, WI)
- FMC - RIPON SOUTH (Dialysis Facility, about 16 miles away; RIPON, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Manchester:
- Marian University (about 34 miles; Fond Du Lac, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,045)
- Moraine Park Technical College (about 34 miles; Fond du Lac, WI; FT enrollment: 3,079)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (about 36 miles; Oshkosh, WI; FT enrollment: 10,637)
- Herzing University-Madison (about 39 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 3,160)
- Madison Area Technical College (about 41 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 9,603)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (about 45 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 34,621)
- University of Wisconsin Colleges (about 46 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 10,019)
Churches in Manchester include: Faith Church (A), Saint Johns Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Williams Cemetery (1), Krastetter Cemetery (2), Lake Maria Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Dog Lake (A), Grand Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Drinking water stations with addresses in Manchester that have no violations reported:
- ST PAULS LUTHERAN CH MANCHESTER (Population served: 305, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- TUCKED AWAY TAVERN (Population served: 40, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
|This town:||3.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Manchester compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (57%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (16%)
- Utility gas (15%)
- Wood (6%)
- Electricity (3%)
- Coal or coke (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Manchester town (based on Green Lake County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 81.06%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod||Lutheran Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||United Methodist Church|
|Name||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Old Order Amish||United Church of Christ||Evangelical Free Church of America||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Green Lake County:||3.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Green Lake County:||5.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||14.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
|Green Lake County:||26.8%|
6.00% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($39,243 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Fond du Lac County, WI||1.18% ($34,591 average AGI)|
|from Winnebago County, WI||0.93% ($45,589)|
|from Waushara County, WI||0.48% ($27,842)|
5.88% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,441 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Manchester:
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRPN (1600 AM; 5 kW; RIPON, WI)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WTSO (1070 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNWC (1190 AM; daytime; 5 kW; SUN PRAIRIE, WI; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- WLMV (1480 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: MID-WEST MANAGEMENT, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Manchester:
- WPKR (99.5 FM; OMRO, WI; Owner: MIDWEST DIMENSIONS, INC.)
- WOLX-FM (94.9 FM; BARABOO, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- WBJZ (104.7 FM; BERLIN, WI; Owner: CAXAMBAS CORPORATION)
- WTCX (96.1 FM; RIPON, WI; Owner: RADIO B/C LTD PARTNERSHIP)
- WERN (88.7 FM; MADISON, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WXRO (95.3 FM; BEAVER DAM, WI; Owner: GOOD KARMA BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WDDC (100.1 FM; PORTAGE, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTLX (100.5 FM; COLUMBUS, WI; Owner: GOOD KARMA BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WJWD (90.3 FM; MARSHALL, WI; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WFDL-FM (97.7 FM; LOMIRA, WI; Owner: RADIO PLUS OF FOND DU LAC, INC.)
- WAUH (102.3 FM; WAUTOMA, WI; Owner: HOMETOWN BROADCASTING LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Manchester:
- WMMF-TV (Channel 68; FOND DU LAC, WI; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF WISCONSIN, A CALIFORNIA LTD PARTNRSHP)
- WWRS-TV (Channel 52; MAYVILLE, WI; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- WISC-TV (Channel 3; MADISON, WI; Owner: TELEVISION WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WMSN-TV (Channel 47; MADISON, WI; Owner: WMSN LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKOW-TV (Channel 27; MADISON, WI; Owner: WKOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WHA-TV (Channel 21; MADISON, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
Total length: 8 meters (26ft)
Total costs: $297,000
Total average daily traffic: 4,240
Total average daily truck traffic: 177
Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic: 5,400
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:2
- Shop 2 Rts 73 & 44 (Lat: 43.697194 Lon: -89.041778), Call Sign: KFD40
Assigned Frequencies: 156.075 MHz
Grant Date: 01/30/1998, Expiration Date: 03/17/2003, Cancellation Date: 08/16/2002
Registrant: County Of Green Lake, 570 South St, Green Lake, WI 54941
- Hwy 73 (Lat: 43.681361 Lon: -89.075667), Call Sign: KCC782
Assigned Frequencies: 152.930 MHz
Grant Date: 01/24/2012, Expiration Date: 03/10/2022
Registrant: Michels Corp, 817 W Main St, Brownsville, WI 53006, Phone: (920) 583-3132
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: KC9UOT, Licensee ID: L01414093
Grant Date: 08/03/2011, Expiration Date: 08/03/2021, Certifier: Skyler S Hagen
Registrant: Skyler S Hagen, N2305 Marquette Road, Manchester, WI 53946