Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||34.3 years|
|Ohio median age:||39.3 years|
Zip codes: 45212.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $22,656 (it was $18,108 in 2000)
Norwood city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $118,945 (it was $87,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $144,432; Detached houses: $146,853; Townhouses or other attached units: $125,507; In 2-unit structures: $144,462; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $154,145; Mobile homes: $91,454
Median gross rent in 2013: $622.
Races in Norwood, OH (2013)
- 16,29284.9%White alone
- 1,5928.3%Black alone
- 2741.4%Two or more races
- 1640.9%Other race alone
- 610.3%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 260.1%American Indian alone
- 230.1%Asian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Are people living outside the metro areas cushioned against falling home prices? Jan 21
- The global threat of Islamic terror Jan 19
- Exercise and sleep: which is more important for your health? Jan 17
- Motorcycle industry in the United States Jan 15
- Evolution of First Names: Unisex Names and Nicknames Jan 13
|Is Norwood safe, near Highland Ave & Montgomery Rd?? ( Cincinnati ) (2 replies)|
|Norwood gains a major new employer (5 replies)|
|Oxford to Norwood and in between... (23 replies)|
|Mt. Washington vs. Pleasant Ridge vs. Norwood (57 replies)|
|Lets talk Norwood! (23 replies)|
|Growing up in Norwood (13 replies)|
Latest news from Norwood, OH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (25.4%), Irish (15.1%), United States (14.8%), English (7.8%), Italian (5.1%), Dutch (1.7%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 3.12 square miles.
Population density: 6,228 people per square mile(high).
For population 25 years and over in Norwood:
- High school or higher: 79.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.0%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Norwood city:
- Never married: 44.7%
- Now married: 35.3%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 6.0%
- Divorced: 11.0%
507 residents are foreign born (2.0% Latin America, 0.9% Asia).
According to our research of Ohio and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Norwood, Ohio as of January 22, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Norwood to the number of sex offenders is 19,086 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is a lot smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,811 (1.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,586 (1.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cincinnati, OH (3.1 miles , pop. 331,285).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (251.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Golf Manor, OH (1.4 miles ), St. Bernard, OH (1.5 miles ), Elmwood Place, OH (1.6 miles ), Cincinnati, OH (1.7 miles ), Amberley, OH (1.8 miles ), Fairfax, OH (1.8 miles ), Dayton, KY (1.9 miles ), Silverton, OH (1.9 miles ).
Latitude: 39.16 N, Longitude: 84.46 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,566 (+8.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,359 (13.3%)
Area code commonly used in this area: 513
|Crime rates in Norwood by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 278.9)||497.9||501.2||494.2||416.7||472.0||472.1||435.9||406.0||409.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Norwood detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.50|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -1,938 (-8.2%).
- Retail trade (11%)
- Manufacturing (11%)
- Construction (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (7%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Manufacturing (11%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (15%)
- Management occupations (11%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Production occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (22%)
- Sales and related occupations (13%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (6%)
- Production occupations (6%)
Average climate in Norwood, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Norwood-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Ohio state average. It is 64% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1974, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 10.3 miles away from the Norwood city center killed 3 people and injured 210 people.
On 4/3/1974, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 1.9 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 39 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Norwood-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Ohio state average. It is 79% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 71.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 191.3 miles away from Norwood center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 76.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 185.9 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 95.3 miles away from Norwood center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 197.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hamilton County (12) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snow: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Dorothy Kamenshek - Baseball player, Frank Bradway Rogers - Librarian, Janice Rule - Actress, Bob Wellman - Baseabll player, George Chakiris - (born 1934), actor, Vera-Ellen - (died 1981), actress, Arthur Pickens - Jockey, Bob Barton - Baseball player, Ed Klieman - Baseball player, Larry Pape - MLB pitcher.
Hospitals and medical centers in Norwood:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Norwood:
- PINNACLE SENIOR CARE (Home Health Center, about 1 miles away; CINCINNATI, OH)
- DAVITA - NORWOOD DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 1 miles away; CINCINNATI, OH)
- AMERICAN MERCY HOME CARE, LLC (Home Health Center, about 1 miles away; CINCINNATI, OH)
- FIRST CHOICE HOME HEALTH OHIO, INC (Home Health Center, about 1 miles away; CINCINNATI, OH)
- HEARTLAND HOME HEALTH CARE AND H (Home Health Center, about 1 miles away; CINCINNATI, OH)
- US RENAL CARE OF NORWOOD DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 1 miles away; CINCINNATI, OH)
- VICTORIA RETIREMENT COMMUNITY (Nursing Home, about 1 miles away; CINCINNATI, OH)
Amtrak stations near Norwood:
- 6 miles: CINCINNATI (1301 WESTERN AVE.) . Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, taxi stand.
- 18 miles: HAMILTON (M. L. KING BLVD AT HENRY ST.) . Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges/Universities in Norwood:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Norwood:
- Xavier University (about 2 miles; Cincinnati, OH; Full-time enrollment: 6,143)
- University of Cincinnati-Main Campus (about 4 miles; Cincinnati, OH; FT enrollment: 28,747)
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College (about 5 miles; Cincinnati, OH; FT enrollment: 8,757)
- University of Cincinnati-Blue Ash College (about 6 miles; Blue Ash, OH; FT enrollment: 3,711)
- Northern Kentucky University (about 10 miles; Highland Heights, KY; FT enrollment: 12,059)
- College of Mount St Joseph (about 11 miles; Cincinnati, OH; FT enrollment: 2,073)
- University of Cincinnati-Clermont College (about 16 miles; Batavia, OH; FT enrollment: 2,739)
Public high schools in Norwood:
- NORWOOD HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 666, Location: 2020 SHERMAN AVE, Grades: 9-12)
- NORWOOD CONVERSION COMMUNITY SCHOOL (Location: 2132 WILLIAMS AVE, Grades: 7-12, Charter school)
Private high school in Norwood:
Public elementary/middle schools in Norwood:
- NORWOOD VIEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 395, Location: 5328 CARTHAGE AVE, Grades: KG-6)
- WILLIAMS AVENUE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 355, Location: 2132 WILLIAMS AVE, Grades: PK-6)
- NORWOOD MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 320, Location: 2060 SHERMAN AVE, Grades: 7-8)
- SHARPSBURG ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 247, Location: 4400 SMITH RD, Grades: 2-6)
- SHARPSBURG PRIMARY (Students: 209, Location: 4321 FOREST AVE, Grades: PK-2)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- The Pauline Warfield Lewis Center is now known as Summit Behavioral Healthcare Center (hospitals and medical centers)--it is a psychiatric hospital
Notable locations in Norwood: Norwood Industrial Park (A), Norwood Waterworks (B), Norwood Municipal Building (C), Norwood Fire Department (D), Norwood Public Library (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Hunters Plaza Shopping Center (1), Norwood Plaza Shopping Center (2), Surrey Square Mall Shopping Center (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Norwood include: New Bethel Baptist Church (A), Liberty Baptist Church (B), Trinity Pentecostal Church (C), Swifton Chapel Church of God (D), Norwood Presbyterian Church (E), Norwood First United Methodist Church (F), Norwood Church of God (G), Norwood Baptist Church (H), New Testament Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Norwood include: Burwood Playground (1), Tower Park (2), Dar Field (3), Waterworks Park (4), Victory Park (5), Millcrest Park (6), Marsh Avenue Park (7), Dorl Field (8), Hunter Park (9). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 85.9. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2013 was 0.243. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 0.9 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 10.7. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 0.9 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 2.38. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 2.4 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 27.0. This is about average. Closest monitor was 3.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 23.2. This is about average. Closest monitor was 3.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 11.2. This is about average. Closest monitor was 0.2 miles away from the city center.
(23.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 44.2% for Black residents, 21.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 47.8% for American Indian residents, 8.2% for other race residents, 6.6% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
People in group quarters in Norwood in 2010:
- 136 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 67 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
- 13 people in group homes intended for adults
- 9 people in group homes for juveniles (non-correctional)
- 2 people in other noninstitutional facilities
People in group quarters in Norwood in 2000:
- 109 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 77 people in nursing homes
- 34 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 8 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Norwood (2011 data):
- Foundation Bank: Norwood Branch at 4730 Montgomery Road, branch established on 1887/01/01. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $201.8 mil, Deposits: $141.7 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices
- The Huntington National Bank: Linden Pointe Branch at 4803 Montgomery Road, branch established on 2008/03/24. Info updated 2012/04/02: Bank assets: $54,183.4 mil, Deposits: $44,300.3 mil, headquarters in Columbus, OH, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 878 total offices, Holding Company: Huntington Bancshares Incorporated
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Norwood city (based on Hamilton County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hamilton County:||1.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hamilton County:||1.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hamilton County:||2.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.25 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Norwood, OH Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||3||$11,732||$46,928||14||$7,452|
|Judicial and Legal||3||$11,960||$47,840||2||$4,218|
|Police Protection - Officers||48||$320,831||$80,208||0||$0|
|Police - Other||2||$6,897||$41,382||2||$3,735|
|Fire - Other||1||$3,897||$46,764||1||$1,948|
|Streets and Highways||17||$71,463||$50,444||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||2||$7,198||$43,188||6||$4,815|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||4||$17,457||$52,371||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||6||$25,647||$51,294||7||$12,113|
|Totals for Government||156||$864,893||$66,530||34||$38,344|
4.58% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($43,308 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved from foreign countries ($522 average AGI)
Hamilton County: 0.03% Ohio average: 0.03%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Butler County, OH||0.79% ($34,556 average AGI)|
|from Clermont County, OH||0.49% ($38,535)|
|from Warren County, OH||0.33% ($43,992)|
5.45% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($49,025 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved to foreign countries ($885 average AGI)
Hamilton County: 0.06% Ohio average: 0.04%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Norwood:
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSAI (1530 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCIN (1480 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH)
- WKRC (550 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCKY (1360 AM; 5 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WDBZ (1230 AM; 1 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: BLUE CHIP COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTSJ (1050 AM; 1 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCNW (1560 AM; daytime; 5 kW; FAIRFIELD, OH)
- WNOP (740 AM; 1 kW; NEWPORT, KY; Owner: SACRED HEART RADIO, INC.)
- WBOB (1160 AM; 5 kW; FLORENCE, KY; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WHAS (840 AM; 50 kW; LOUISVILLE, KY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCVG (1320 AM; 1 kW; COVINGTON, KY; Owner: RICHARD L. PLESSINGER SR.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Norwood:
- WUBE-FM (105.1 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKRQ (101.9 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKFS (107.1 FM; MILFORD, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WGRR (103.5 FM; HAMILTON, OH; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WVXU (91.7 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: XAVIER UNIVERSITY)
- WGUC (90.9 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: CINCINNATI CLASSICAL PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- WRRM (98.5 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: WRRM LICO, INC)
- WAIF (88.3 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: STEPCHILD RADIO OF CINCINNATI, INC.)
- WOFX-FM (92.5 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WVMX (94.1 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WEBN (102.7 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMOJ (94.9 FM; FAIRFIELD, OH; Owner: WVAE LICO, INC.)
- WAKW (93.3 FM; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: PILLAR OF FIRE)
- WIZF (100.9 FM; ERLANGER, KY; Owner: BLUE CHIP BROADCASTING LICENSES II, LTD.)
- WMKV (89.3 FM; READING, OH; Owner: LIFESPHERE)
- WYGY (96.5 FM; LEBANON, OH; Owner: WVAE LICO, INC.)
- WNKU (89.7 FM; HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, KY; Owner: BD. OF REGENTS ON N. KY UNIV.)
- WLHS (89.9 FM; WEST CHESTER, OH; Owner: LAKOTA LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WAQZ (97.3 FM; FORT THOMAS, KY; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WOBO (88.7 FM; BATAVIA, OH; Owner: WCNE EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY RADIO,INC)
TV broadcast stations around Norwood:
- WCPO-TV (Channel 9; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLWT (Channel 5; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: OHIO/OKLAHOMA HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC)
- WKRC-TV (Channel 12; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS CO.)
- WBQC-CA (Channel 25; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: ELLIOTT B. BLOCK)
- WOTH-LP (Channel 35; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: ELLIOTT B. BLOCK)
- WSTR-TV (Channel 64; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: WSTR LICENSEE, INC.)
- WCET (Channel 48; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: THE GREATER CINCINNATI TV EDUC'L. FOUNDATION)
- WXIX-TV (Channel 19; NEWPORT, KY; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WCVN-TV (Channel 54; COVINGTON, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WKOI (Channel 43; RICHMOND, IN; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF INDIANA, INC.)
- WPTO (Channel 14; OXFORD, OH; Owner: GREATER DAYTON PUBLIC TELEVISION, INC.)
- WHIO-TV (Channel 7; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WHIO-TV HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WDTN (Channel 2; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WDTN BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WPTD (Channel 16; DAYTON, OH; Owner: GREATER DAYTON PUBLIC TV, INC.)
- WKEF (Channel 22; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WKEF LICENSEE L.P.)
- WRGT-TV (Channel 45; DAYTON, OH; Owner: WRGT LICENSEE, LLC)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 24Number of bridges
- 191m627ftTotal length
- $156,000Total costs
- 1,120,121Total average daily traffic
- 78,834Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:33 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Norwood)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:6
- Indian Mound Ave 1/4 Mi E Montgomery Rd (Lat: 39.168389 Lon: -84.446611), Call Sign: KQK570
Assigned Frequencies: 460.575 MHz, 460.575 MHzGrant Date: 08/29/2012, Expiration Date: 11/10/2022Registrant: Norwood Fire Dept, 4725 Montgomery Rd, Norwood, OH 45212, Phone: (513) 458-4568, Fax: (513) 458-4551, Email:
- Water Tower 2413 Indian Mound Ave (Lat: 39.168389 Lon: -84.446611), Call Sign: KVA429, Licensee ID: L00061183
Assigned Frequencies: 453.725 MHzGrant Date: 02/19/2004, Expiration Date: 02/22/2014, Cancellation Date: 04/26/2014Registrant: City Of Norwood, 4645 Montgomery Rd, Norwood, OH 45212, Phone: (513) 458-4615
- Lat: 39.166222 Lon: -84.450556, Call Sign: WPMV668
Assigned Frequencies: 451.487 MHz, 451.687 MHzGrant Date: 11/02/2013, Expiration Date: 01/29/2024, Certifier: Donald F RabeRegistrant: Mobilcomm Inc, 1211 W Sharon Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45240-2916, Phone: (513) 595-5800, Fax: (513) 595-5919, Email:
- Lat: 39.160556 Lon: -84.446111, Call Sign: WQJV775
Assigned Frequencies: 451.612 MHz, 456.612 MHz, 452.812 MHz, 457.812 MHzGrant Date: 01/15/2009, Expiration Date: 01/15/2019, Certifier: Barry HamiltonRegistrant: Mobilcomm, Inc., 1211 W. Sharon Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45240, Phone: (513) 595-5800, Fax: (513) 595-5822, Email:
- HERITAGE HILL APTS., Lat: 39.172806 Lon: -84.447972, Call Sign: WQQT200, Licensee ID: L01502812
Assigned Frequencies: 451.187 MHzGrant Date: 02/26/2013, Expiration Date: 02/26/2023, Certifier: Jack GraudenzRegistrant: Cereniti Datasense Networks, 41 East Washington Street, Suite 110, Indianapolis, IN 46204, Phone: (877) 237-3648, Fax: (877) 362-6640, Email:
- Lat: 39.149861 Lon: -84.443583, Call Sign: WQSI412
Assigned Frequencies: 72.1800 MHzGrant Date: 09/24/2013, Expiration Date: 09/24/2023, Certifier: Sam CordrayRegistrant: Primex Wireless, Inc., 965 Wells Street, Lake Geneva, WI 53147, Phone: (800) 537-0464
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- NORWOOD, 3823 Montgomery Rd (Lat: 39.149528 Lon: -84.469000), Type: Tower, Structure height: 46.6 m, Overall height: 49.1 m, Call Sign: WLW540
Assigned Frequencies: 6790.00 MHzGrant Date: 01/25/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Cancellation Date: 03/01/2011Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- Norwood, 3001 Harris Ave (Lat: 39.160833 Lon: -84.441389), Type: Tower, Structure height: 57 m, Overall height: 60 m, Call Sign: WQBQ707
Assigned Frequencies: 10835.0 MHz, 10715.0 MHzGrant Date: 08/28/2014, Expiration Date: 11/23/2024, Certifier: Jack R JohnsonRegistrant: City Of Cincinnati Enterprise Technology Solutions Department, 805 Central Avenue, Suite 300, Cincinnati, OH 45202, Phone: (513) 352-6212, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- 6015 Winton Rd ` (Lat: 39.200333 Lon: -84.522694), Overall height: 290.8 m, Call Sign: KNKS257
Assigned Frequencies: 931.387 MHzExpiration Date: 03/09/2005, Cancellation Date: 03/09/2005Registrant: O\'Connor And Hannan, L.L.P., 1919 Pennsylvania Ave. Nw, Washington, DC 20006-3483, Phone: (202) 887-1431
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:29 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Norwood)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: THURMAN BENTON B MINI 500 (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: BOMBARDIER ROTAX (ALL) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 2345J , Serial Number: 0238, Year manufactured: 1997, Airworthiness Date: 02/03/1997
Registrant (Individual): Benton B Thurman, 3827 Hazel Ave, Norwood, OH 45212
- Aircraft: ENGINEERING & RESEARCH 415-C (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR A&C75 SERIES (75 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 93970 , Serial Number: 1293, Year manufactured: 1946
Registrant (Individual): Fred W Patterson, 2224 Lawn Ave, Norwood, OH 45212
- Aircraft: DJI INSPIRE 1 (Category: Land, Engines: 4), Engine:
N-Number: 980TV , Serial Number: W13DCD25030440
Registrant (Individual): Thomas T Vonahlefeld, 1725 Cleneay Ave Apt 2223, Norwood, OH 45212
- Aircraft: DJI INSPIRE 1 (Category: Land, Engines: 4), Engine:
N-Number: 981TV , Serial Number: W13DCD25030051
Registrant (Individual): Thomas T Vonahlefeld, 1725 Cleneay Ave Apt 2223, Norwood, OH 45212
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 101
- Hazardous Condition: 126
- Service Call: 8
- Good Intent Call: 3
Incident types - Norwood
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (85%)
- Electricity (13%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
|Businesses in Norwood, OH|
|Decora Cabinetry||2||Shoe Carnival||1|
|H&R Block||1||Victoria's Secret||1|
Norwood compared to Ohio state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- House age above state average.
Norwood on our top lists:
- #2 on the list of "Top 100 cities with oldest houses (pop. 5,000+)"
- #56 on the list of "Top 100 cities with old houses but young residents"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Office and administrative support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of infant deaths per 1000 residents 2007-2013 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Sulfur Oxides Annual air pollution readings in 2012 (µg/m3)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the most Catholic congregations"
- #25 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the most Mainline Protestant congregations"
- #32 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the most Mainline Protestant adherents (pop. 50,000+)"
Total of 35 patent applications in 2008-2017.