We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||46.4 years|
|Vermont median age:||45.8 years|
Zip codes: 05250.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $32,688 (it was $22,096 in 2000)
Sandgate town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $212,781 (it was $113,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $290,551; Detached houses: $314,468; Townhouses or other attached units: $232,754; In 2-unit structures: $309,704; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $150,980; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $232,183; Mobile homes: $54,002
Races in Sandgate, VT (2010)
- 37692.8%White alone
- 112.7%Asian alone
- 30.7%Black alone
- 30.7%Two or more races
- 20.5%Other race alone
|High Schools in Vermont (23 replies)|
|Need some serious insight on old well and cesspool (1 reply)|
Latest news from Sandgate, VT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (19.5%), English (17.0%), Italian (15.6%), Irish (13.0%), French (9.3%), Polish (5.7%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 805 feet
Land area: 42.2 square miles.
Population density: 9.6 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Sandgate:
- High school or higher: 92.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.2%
- Unemployed: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 29.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sandgate town:
- Never married: 22.1%
- Now married: 55.5%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 14.6%
18 residents are foreign born (3.7% Europe, 0.6% Africa, 0.6% North America).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Sandgate town:||1.6% ($1,850)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Schenectady, NY (44.6 miles , pop. 61,821).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (121.2 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (163.4 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Manchester, VT (2.4 miles ), Arlington, VT (2.5 miles ), Sunderland, VT (2.6 miles ), Salem, NY (2.7 miles ), Manchester Center, VT (2.8 miles ), Rupert, VT (2.9 miles ), Dorset, VT (3.1 miles ), Jackson, NY (3.2 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $91,700
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $87,500
- 2000: 1 building, cost: $250,000
- 2001: 2 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $95,000
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $85,000
- 2004: 3 buildings, average cost: $166,700
- 2005: 9 buildings, average cost: $155,600
- 2006: 3 buildings, average cost: $200,000
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 2008: 5 buildings, average cost: $219,000
- 2009: 5 buildings, average cost: $178,900
- 2010: 2 buildings, average cost: $165,900
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $750,000
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $50,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 43.15 N, Longitude: 73.19 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (15%)
- Construction (11%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (11%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Printing and related support activities (5%)
- Broadcasting and telecommunications (5%)
- Plastics and rubber products (4%)
- Educational services (26%)
- Public administration (16%)
- Finance and insurance (9%)
- Health care (9%)
- Plastics and rubber products (7%)
- Other direct selling establishments (5%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (8%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Other health diagnosing and treating practitioners and technical occupations (5%)
- Printing workers (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Life and physical scientists (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Secondary school teachers (10%)
- Other financial specialists (8%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (8%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (7%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
Average climate in Sandgate, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Sandgate-area historical tornado activity is above Vermont state average. It is 51% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1998, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.5 miles away from the Sandgate town center injured 68 people and caused $71 million in damages.
On 8/20/1968, a category F3 tornado 20.0 miles away from the town center injured one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Sandgate-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Vermont state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 80.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 95.9 miles away from Sandgate center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 83.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/17/1991 at 08:53:16, a magnitude 4.1 (4.0 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 83.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 95.8 miles away from Sandgate center
On 4/20/2000 at 08:46:55, a magnitude 4.0 (4.0 LG, 3.8 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 76.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Bennington County (12) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 6, Tropical Storms: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Ormsby B. Thomas - Politician.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sandgate:
- Adirondack Community College (about 28 miles; Queensbury, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,826)
- SUNY Empire State College (about 31 miles; Saratoga Springs, NY; FT enrollment: 9,473)
- Skidmore College (about 31 miles; Saratoga Springs, NY; FT enrollment: 2,753)
- Williams College (about 31 miles; Williamstown, MA; FT enrollment: 2,141)
- Castleton State College (about 32 miles; Castleton, VT; FT enrollment: 2,079)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (about 39 miles; Troy, NY; FT enrollment: 6,940)
- The Sage Colleges (about 39 miles; Troy, NY; FT enrollment: 2,499)
Notable location: Sandgate Town Hall (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Sandgate: Sandgate Methodist Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Beartown Cemetery (1), Wilcox Cemetery (2), West End-Camdon Valley Cemetery (3), Sherman Cemetery (4), Scott Cemetery (5), Sandgate Center Cemetery (6). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Hopper Pond (A), Lake Madeleine (B), Barbos Lake (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Pruddy Brook (A), Norton Brook (B), Devils Glen Brook (C), Baker Brook (D), Terry Brook (E), Baldwin Brook (F), Hopper Brook (G), Brown Brook (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 60.1. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 31.8. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 14.3. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 18.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 6.13. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 18.7 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Sandgate town (based on Bennington County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Bennington County:||3.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Bennington County:||3.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Bennington County:||5.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||16.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
4.39% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($52,627 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Rensselaer County, NY||0.38% ($26,018 average AGI)|
|from Rutland County, VT||0.32% ($30,061)|
|from Berkshire County, MA||0.30% ($47,089)|
5.38% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($68,748 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Sandgate:
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WABY (1160 AM; 5 kW; MECHANICVILLE, NY; Owner: ANASTOS MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSYB (1380 AM; 5 kW; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNTK (1020 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: KOOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Sandgate:
- WEQX (102.7 FM; MANCHESTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSHIRE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJAN (95.1 FM; SUNDERLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WNGN (91.9 FM; ARGYLE, NY; Owner: NORTHEAST GOSPEL BROADCASTING INC)
- WVAY (100.7 FM; WILMINGTON, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WLJH (90.9 FM; GLENS FALLS, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE INC)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WAMC-FM (90.3 FM; ALBANY, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WMNV (104.1 FM; RUPERT, VT; Owner: CAPITAL MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WVPR (89.5 FM; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WZEC (97.5 FM; HOOSICK FALLS, NY; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, LLC)
- WHDQ (106.1 FM; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WKBE (100.3 FM; WARRENSBURG, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WCKM-FM (99.1 FM; LAKE GEORGE, NY; Owner: ENTERTRONICS, INC.)
- WNYQ (105.7 FM; QUEENSBURY, NY; Owner: VOX NEW YORK, L.L.C.)
- WBAR-FM (94.7 FM; LAKE LUZERNE, NY; Owner: CAPITAL MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WXLG (89.9 FM; NORTH CREEK, NY; Owner: THE ST. LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Sandgate:
- W36AX (Channel 36; MANCHESTER, ETC., VT; Owner: VERMONT ETV, INC.)
- W69AD (Channel 69; BENNINGTON, ETC., VT; Owner: MT. MANSFIELD TELEVISION, INC.)
- WNYA-CA (Channel 39; EASTON, ETC., NY; Owner: VENTURE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, LLC)
- WVBK-LP (Channel 49; MANCHESTER, ETC., VT; Owner: VISION 3 BROADCASTING, INC.)
Sandgate fatal accident list:
Sep 5, 1988 01:00 PM, 4, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 9m30ftTotal length
- $1,781,000Total costs
- 1,270Total average daily traffic
- 24Total average daily truck traffic
- 1,905Total future (year 2028) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: WA1DMT, Licensee ID: L00495481, Grant Date: 02/26/2008, Expiration Date: 04/16/2018, Certifier: Douglas A Tschorn, Registrant: Douglas A Tschorn, 679 Lincoln Ln, Sandgate, VT 05250-9603
- Call Sign: WA1DMU, Licensee ID: L00762166, Grant Date: 03/04/2008, Expiration Date: 04/17/2018, Certifier: Nancy J Tschorn, Registrant: Nancy J Tschorn Mrs, 679 Lincoln Ln, Sandgate, VT 05250
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (59%)
- Wood (28%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (12%)
- Other fuel (1%)
Sandgate compared to Vermont state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2019.