|Median resident age:||41.7 years|
|Nevada median age:||35.0 years|
Zip code: 89010
Silverpeak CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $47,366 (it was $44,300 in 2000)
- White alone - 384 (72.3%)
- Hispanic - 76 (14.3%)
- American Indian alone - 39 (7.3%)
- Two or more races - 31 (5.8%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1 (0.2%)
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Land area: 2064.3 square miles.
Population density: 0.2 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Silverpeak:
- High school or higher: 72.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.2%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Silverpeak CCD:
- Never married: 24.3%
- Now married: 51.8%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 10.4%
- Divorced: 13.5%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Silverpeak CCD:||1.6% ($688)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Clovis, CA (130.9 miles , pop. 68,468).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Fresno, CA (136.8 miles , pop. 427,652).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (270.8 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Silver Peak, NV (4.2 miles) , Dyer, NV (5.0 miles ), Goldfield, NV (5.6 miles ), Tonopah, NV (5.7 miles ), Mina, NV (5.7 miles ), Benton, CA (6.2 miles ), Chalfant, CA (6.8 miles ), Dixon Lane-Meadow Creek, CA (7.3 miles ).
Latitude: 37.97 N, Longitude: 117.81 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 775
Unemployment by year (%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (33%)
- Construction (18%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (15%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Utilities (4%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (3%)
- Food and beverage stores (3%)
- Public administration (14%)
- Construction (12%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (9%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Repair and maintenance (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Extraction workers (12%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (10%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (10%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (14%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (9%)
- Life, physical, and social science technicians (6%)
- Other food preparation and serving workers including supervisors (6%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
Average climate in Silverpeak, Nevada
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Silverpeak-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Nevada state average. It is 802% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/21/1932 at 06:10:09, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 39.9 miles away from the city center
On 10/3/1915 at 06:52:48, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 175.4 miles away from Silverpeak center
On 7/21/1952 at 11:52:14, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK) earthquake occurred 216.2 miles away from the city center, causing $50,000,000 total damage
On 4/18/1906 at 13:12:21, a magnitude 7.9 (7.9 UK) earthquake occurred 283.0 miles away from the city center, causing $524,000,000 total damage
On 12/16/1954 at 11:07:12, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK) earthquake occurred 85.4 miles away from Silverpeak center
On 6/28/1992 at 11:57:34, a magnitude 7.6 (6.2 MB, 7.6 MS, 7.3 MW, Depth: 0.7 mi) earthquake occurred 271.7 miles away from the city center, causing 3 deaths (1 shaking deaths, 2 other deaths) and 400 injuries, causing $100,000,000 total damage and $40,000,000 insured losses
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Esmeralda County (1) is a lot smaller than the US average (12).
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Silverpeak:
- Reedley College (about 132 miles; Reedley, CA; Full-time enrollment: 8,144)
- Institute of Technology Inc (about 132 miles; Clovis, CA; FT enrollment: 2,483)
- California State University-Fresno (about 134 miles; Fresno, CA; FT enrollment: 18,993)
- University of Phoenix-Central Valley Campus (about 134 miles; Fresno, CA; FT enrollment: 2,109)
- Heald College-Fresno (about 136 miles; Fresno, CA; FT enrollment: 2,199)
- Western Nevada College (about 137 miles; Carson City, NV; FT enrollment: 2,338)
- Fresno Pacific University (about 137 miles; Fresno, CA; FT enrollment: 3,083)
Notable locations in Silverpeak: Bar Double 9 Ranch (A), Swiftwater (B), Millers Rest Area (C), Gates Mill (D), McGeer (E), Palmetto Electric Substation (F), Coaldale Substation (G), Gilbert Junction (H), Crown Mill (I), Esmeralda County Yard (J), Candelaria Pipeline (K), Circle L Ranch (L), Fish Lake Valley Community Hall (M), McAfee Ranch (N), Dunham Mill Site (O), Dyer Ranch (P), Winkonley Ranch (Q), Wood Yard (R), Boundary Peak Trailhead (S), Silver Peak and Red Mountain Gold (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Millers Pond (A), Dry Lake (B), Fish Lake (C), Silver Peak Pond (D), Silver Peak Marsh (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Davis Creek (A), Peavine Creek (B), Pinchot Creek (C), Trail Creek (D), Rock Creek (E), Leidy Creek (F), Dry Creek (G), South Fork Chatworth Creek (H), North Fork Chatworth Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Silverpeak compared to Nevada state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (55%)
- Wood (22%)
- Electricity (13%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- No fuel used (2%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- Solar energy (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Silverpeak CCD (based on Esmeralda County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 37.59%
Food Environment Statistics:
10.95% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($46,194 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
10.95% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,742 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Strongest AM radio stations in Silverpeak:
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KWRU (940 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA)
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KXNT (840 AM; 50 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KHTK (1140 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KERI (1180 AM; 50 kW; WASCO-GREENACRES, CA; Owner: KWSO, INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KGDP (660 AM; 50 kW; ORCUTT, CA; Owner: RADIO REPRESENTATIVES, INC.)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KSTE (650 AM; 25 kW; RANCHO CORDOVA, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Silverpeak:
- KRHV (93.3 FM; BIG PINE, CA; Owner: DAVID A. AND MARYANN M. DIGERNESS)
- KIBS (100.7 FM; BISHOP, CA; Owner: GREAT COUNTRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K208BS (89.5 FM; BISHOP, CA; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL B/CASTERS, INC)
- KWTW (88.5 FM; BISHOP, CA; Owner: LIVING PROOF, INC.)
- KTPH (91.7 FM; TONOPAH, NV; Owner: NEVADA PUBLIC RADIO CORPORATION)
- K214CJ (90.7 FM; TONOPAH, NV; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL BROADCASTERS, INC)
- KDAY (92.5 FM; INDEPENDENCE, CA; Owner: MS. BENETT KESSLER)
- K205ET (88.9 FM; BIG PINE, ETC., CA; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL BROADCASTERS, INC)
- KHWK (92.7 FM; TONOPAH, NV; Owner: DONALD W. KAMINSKI, JR.)
- K221DR (92.1 FM; ROUND MOUNTAIN, NV; Owner: SMOKY VALLEY TELEVISION DISTRICT)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- COALDALE, Columbus Repeater (Lat: 38.160806 Lon: -118.003611), Type: Tower, Structure height: 15.2 m, Call Sign: WQKM456
Assigned Frequencies: 6197.24 MHz, 6256.54 MHz
Grant Date: 07/14/2009, Expiration Date: 07/14/2019, Certifier: Ryan Levine
Registrant: Americas Communications LLC, 2502 East University Dr Bldg. B-2 Suite 290, Phoenix, AZ 85034, Phone: (602) 304-1760, Fax: (877) 284-0791, Email:
Silverpeak on our top lists:
- #47 on the list of "Top 100 cities with largest land areas"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest number of births per 1000 residents 2000-2003"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2004 Presidential Election"
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2006"