We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||53.6 years|
|Massachusetts median age:||39.2 years|
Zip codes: 01262.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $45,424 (it was $32,499 in 2000)
Stockbridge town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $429,716 (it was $236,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $275,112; Detached houses: $289,586; Townhouses or other attached units: $344,515; In 2-unit structures: $175,079; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $177,062; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $237,550; Mobile homes: $63,248
Races in Stockbridge, MA (2010)
- 1,82693.8%White alone
- 191.0%Asian alone
- 180.9%Black alone
- 160.8%Two or more races
- 80.4%Other race alone
- 10.05%American Indian alone
Latest news from Stockbridge, MA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Stockbridge, MA City Guides:
Ancestries: English (18.3%), Irish (16.5%), German (10.8%), Italian (9.5%), Polish (6.8%), French (5.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1739
Elevation: 842 feet
Land area: 22.9 square miles.
Population density: 85 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Stockbridge:
- High school or higher: 90.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 50.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 23.1%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Stockbridge town:
- Never married: 27.9%
- Now married: 50.7%
- Separated: 3.1%
- Widowed: 6.6%
- Divorced: 11.7%
191 residents are foreign born (4.1% Europe, 2.5% Latin America, 1.1% North America).
According to our research of Massachusetts and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Stockbridge, Massachusetts as of July 26, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Stockbridge to the number of sex offenders is 2,196 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Stockbridge town:||0.8% ($1,797)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Albany, NY (34.1 miles , pop. 95,658).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Bronx, NY (104.6 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: West Stockbridge, MA (1.9 miles ), Lee, MA (2.0 miles ), Housatonic, MA (2.0 miles ), Lenox, MA (2.1 miles ), Richmond, MA (2.4 miles ), Alford, MA (2.5 miles ), Tyringham, MA (2.6 miles ), Great Barrington, MA (2.8 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 3 buildings, average cost: $247,200
- 1998: 5 buildings, average cost: $247,200
- 1999: 3 buildings, average cost: $247,200
- 2000: 8 buildings, average cost: $262,600
- 2001: 10 buildings, average cost: $349,300
- 2002: 9 buildings, average cost: $514,400
- 2003: 14 buildings, average cost: $273,500
- 2004: 23 buildings, average cost: $210,800
- 2005: 16 buildings, average cost: $211,300
- 2006: 9 buildings, average cost: $367,100
- 2007: 4 buildings, average cost: $916,800
- 2008: 5 buildings, average cost: $393,900
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $463,500
- 2010: 8 buildings, average cost: $396,600
- 2011: 6 buildings, average cost: $543,100
- 2012: 5 buildings, average cost: $538,300
- 2013: 4 buildings, average cost: $509,700
- 2014: 3 buildings, average cost: $699,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 42.30 N, Longitude: 73.32 W
Area code: 413
|Crime rates in Stockbridge by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 286.7)||412.4||420.7||330.8||247.3||326.2||201.8||233.2||360.6||339.4||395.6||387.4||242.2||134.8||141.8||207.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Stockbridge detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.59|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Construction (11%)
- Health care (10%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (3%)
- Health care (20%)
- Educational services (19%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (7%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Used merchandise, gift, novelty, and souvenir, and other miscellaneous stores (4%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Computer specialists (4%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (9%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (5%)
- Top executives (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
Average climate in Stockbridge, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Stockbridge-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Massachusetts state average. It is 19% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/28/1973, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 3.7 miles away from the Stockbridge town center killed 4 people and injured 36 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/29/1995, a category F4 tornado 8.9 miles away from the town center killed 3 people and injured 24 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Stockbridge-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Massachusetts state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 125.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 152.5 miles away from Stockbridge center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 120.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/17/1991 at 08:53:16, a magnitude 4.1 (4.0 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 72.8 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 196.2 miles away from Stockbridge center
On 10/2/1994 at 11:27:22, a magnitude 3.7 (3.5 LG, 3.7 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 53.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Berkshire County (20) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 10
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Snowstorms: 5, Storms: 5, Hurricanes: 4, Winter Storms: 4, Blizzards: 2, Snows: 2, Snowfall: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Kenneth Whiting - Navy officer, Cyrus West Field - Businessman, Allen T. Treadway - Politician, Catharine Maria Sedgwick - (1789-1867), novelist, Daniel Spencer (Mormon) - Mormon missionary, Henry W. Dwight - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers near Stockbridge:
- KINDRED NURSING AND REHABILITATION-LAUREL LAKE (Nursing Home, about 4 miles away; LEE, MA)
- LEE REGIONAL VNA INC. (Home Health Center, about 4 miles away; LEE, MA)
- NURSING CARE CENTER AT KIMBALL (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; LENOX, MA)
- EDGECOMBE NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; LENOX, MA)
- KIMBALL FARMS NURSING CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; LENOX, MA)
- PROVIDENCE CARE CENTER - LENOX (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; LENOX, MA)
- VALLEY VIEW NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; LENOX, MA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Stockbridge:
- Williams College (about 29 miles; Williamstown, MA; Full-time enrollment: 2,141)
- Westfield State University (about 30 miles; Westfield, MA; FT enrollment: 5,548)
- Hudson Valley Community College (about 33 miles; Troy, NY; FT enrollment: 9,346)
- The College of Saint Rose (about 35 miles; Albany, NY; FT enrollment: 4,085)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (about 35 miles; Troy, NY; FT enrollment: 6,940)
- Smith College (about 35 miles; Northampton, MA; FT enrollment: 3,549)
- The Sage Colleges (about 36 miles; Troy, NY; FT enrollment: 2,499)
Notable locations in Stockbridge: Southbridge Industrial Park (A), Stockbridge Golf Course (B), Stockbridge Fire Department Station 4 (C), Merwin House Museum (D), Stockbridge Fire Department Station 3 (E), Stockbridge Fire Department Station 1 Headquarters (F), Berkshire Country Day School Library (G), Austen Fox Riggs Library (H), Lenox Arts Center (I), Wheatliegh Inn (J), Red Lion Inn (K), Chesterwood Museum (L), Tanglewood Auditorium (M), Merwin House (N), Mission House (O), Naumbeag Museum (P), Norman Rockwell Museum (Q). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Stockbridge include: First Congregational Church (A), Bethel Baptist Church (B), The Marian Fathers Monastery (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Saint Josephs Cemetery (1), Stockbridge Cemetery (2), Saint Josephs Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Hatch Pond (A), Clark Pond (B), Lily Pond (C), Mohawk Lake (D), Lake Averic (E), Agawam Lake (F), Stockbridge Bowl (G), Housatonic River Reservoir (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Shadow Brook (A), Duck Pond Brook (B), Newton Brook (C), Mahican Brook (D), Mohawk Brook (E), Larrywaug Brook (F), Lily Brook (G), Konkapot Brook (H), Kampoosa Brook (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Stockbridge include: Berkshire Gardens Center (1), Berkshire Botanical Gardens (2), Field Arboretum (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attractions: Chesterwood (Museums; 4 Williamsville Road), Holsten Galleries (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 3 Elm Street), Historic New England Merwin House (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; West Main), Norman Rockwell Museum - Offices (9 Glendale Road).
Hotels: Blue Willow B & B (2 Lincoln Lane), Lion's Den (30 Main Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 61.8. This is better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 9.90. This is about average. Closest monitor was 10.7 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Stockbridge in 2010:
- 45 people in group homes intended for adults
- 36 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals and psychiatric units in other hospitals
- 26 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 20 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 12 people in college/university student housing
People in group quarters in Stockbridge in 2000:
- 88 people in religious group quarters
- 70 people in other nonhousehold living situations
- 46 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards
- 30 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Stockbridge (2011 data):
- Berkshire Bank: Stockbridge Branch at 32 Main Street, branch established on 1959/11/13. Info updated 2011/08/24: Bank assets: $3,955.6 mil, Deposits: $3,176.2 mil, headquarters in Pittsfield, MA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 64 total offices
- Lee Bank: Stockbridge Branch at Elm Street, branch established on 1974/10/15. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $266.2 mil, Deposits: $181.6 mil, headquarters in Lee, MA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Berkshire Financial Services, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Stockbridge town (based on Berkshire County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Berkshire County:||2.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|Massachusetts:||1.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|Berkshire County:||1.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Massachusetts:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Berkshire County:||4.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||15.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.76 / 10,000 pop.|
3.11% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($46,056 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved from foreign countries ($441 average AGI)
Berkshire County: 0.04% Massachusetts average: 0.06%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Hampden County, MA||0.18% ($40,323 average AGI)|
|from Middlesex County, MA||0.13% ($77,300)|
|from Hampshire County, MA||0.11% ($24,695)|
3.67% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($42,710 average adjusted gross income)
0.07% of residents moved to foreign countries ($772 average AGI)
Berkshire County: 0.07% Massachusetts average: 0.11%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Stockbridge:
- WSBS (860 AM; 3 kW; GREAT BARRINGTON, MA; Owner: BERKSHIRE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WUHN (1110 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PITTSFIELD, MA; Owner: WEINER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WROW (590 AM; 5 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WHYN (560 AM; 5 kW; SPRINGFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBEC (1420 AM; 1 kW; PITTSFIELD, MA; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, LLC)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Stockbridge:
- WHVP (91.1 FM; HUDSON, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WBEC-FM (105.5 FM; PITTSFIELD, MA; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, LLC)
- WUPE (95.9 FM; PITTSFIELD, MA; Owner: WEINER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAMQ (105.1 FM; GREAT BARRINGTON, MA; Owner: WAMC)
- WAMC-FM (90.3 FM; ALBANY, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WZEC (97.5 FM; HOOSICK FALLS, NY; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, LLC)
- WEQX (102.7 FM; MANCHESTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSHIRE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJAN (95.1 FM; SUNDERLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WAMK (90.9 FM; KINGSTON, NY; Owner: W A M C)
- WFGB (89.7 FM; KINGSTON, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WHYN-FM (93.1 FM; SPRINGFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVAY (100.7 FM; WILMINGTON, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WRNX (100.9 FM; AMHERST, MA; Owner: WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS RADIO COMPANY)
- WAJZ (96.3 FM; VOORHEESVILLE, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WPDH (101.5 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WZMR (104.9 FM; ALTAMONT, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WYJB (95.5 FM; ALBANY, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WRCH (100.5 FM; NEW BRITAIN, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WGNA-FM (107.7 FM; ALBANY, NY; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF MANSFIELD, INC.)
- WAQY (102.1 FM; SPRINGFIELD, MA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Stockbridge:
- WTIC-TV (Channel 61; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- W11BJ (Channel 11; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: COMMUNICATIONS SITE MANAGEMENT LLC)
- WTXX (Channel 20; WATERBURY, CT; Owner: WTXX INC.)
- WUVN (Channel 18; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 18Number of bridges
- 79m259ftTotal length
- $18,437,000Total costs
- 212,080Total average daily traffic
- 31,411Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:26 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Stockbridge)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:6
- Richmond Rd (Lat: 42.350361 Lon: -73.351222), Call Sign: WNHT934, Licensee ID: L00072829
Assigned Frequencies: 159.240 MHzGrant Date: 10/04/2011, Expiration Date: 12/17/2021, Cancellation Date: 08/09/2013Registrant: Massdot, Highway Division, 668 South Ave, Weston, MA 02493, Phone: (781) 431-5166, Fax: (781) 431-5169, Email:
- 20 Main St (Lat: 42.281750 Lon: -73.311778), Type: Building, Structure height: 15 m, Call Sign: WNGJ556
Assigned Frequencies: 462.800 MHz, 462.900 MHzGrant Date: 12/11/1997, Expiration Date: 12/11/2002, Cancellation Date: 03/16/2003, Certifier: Dennis J BarquineroRegistrant: Lao, 1270 Fairfield Rd Ste 13, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Fax: (717) 337-9157
- Pump Station Averick Rd 9 (Lat: 42.325083 Lon: -73.336500), Type: Building, Structure height: 7 m, Call Sign: WPLS594
Assigned Frequencies: 173.337 MHzGrant Date: 12/22/2012, Expiration Date: 01/12/2023, Certifier: David SparksRegistrant: Washington Radio Reports, 1588 Fairfield Rd Ste 7, Gettysburg, PA 17325, Phone: (717) 334-0668, Fax: (717) 334-6440
- Lat: 42.353667 Lon: -73.255444, Call Sign: WQEE664
Assigned Frequencies: 451.512 MHz, 456.512 MHz, 452.112 MHz, 457.112 MHzGrant Date: 10/29/2015, Expiration Date: 01/09/2026, Certifier: Bruce PackardRegistrant: Business Radio Licensing, 30251 Golden Lantern, Suite E# 501, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677, Phone: (949) 348-8510, Fax: (949) 348-8514, Email:
- Lat: 42.283111 Lon: -73.313417, Call Sign: WQHI802
Assigned Frequencies: 72.3200 MHzGrant Date: 08/08/2007, Expiration Date: 08/08/2017, Certifier: Dan MccarthyRegistrant: Primex Wireless, Inc., 965 Wells St., Lake Geneva, WI 53147, Phone: (800) 537-0464
- Lat: 42.350111 Lon: -73.325500, Call Sign: WQIG246
Assigned Frequencies: 72.1600 MHzGrant Date: 01/30/2008, Expiration Date: 01/30/2018, Certifier: Jennifer WebsterRegistrant: Primex Wireless, Inc., 965 Wells St, Lake Geneva, WI 53147, Phone: (800) 537-0464
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:2
- Stockbridge, Lat: 42.300556 Lon: -73.318889, Call Sign: WQJH716
Assigned Frequencies: 1467.00 MHz, 1484.00 MHzGrant Date: 09/13/2008, Expiration Date: 09/16/2008, Cancellation Date: 11/22/2008, Certifier: Argyle NelsonRegistrant: Aerial Video Systems, 712 South Main Street, Burbank, CA 91506, Phone: (818) 954-8842, Fax: (818) 954-9122, Email:
- Stockbridge, Lat: 42.300556 Lon: -73.318889, Call Sign: WQJH717
Assigned Frequencies: 2367.00 MHz, 2384.00 MHzGrant Date: 09/13/2008, Expiration Date: 09/16/2008, Cancellation Date: 11/22/2008, Certifier: Argyle NelsonRegistrant: Aerial Video Systems, 712 South Main Street, Burbank, CA 91506, Phone: (818) 954-8842, Fax: (818) 954-9122, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Stockbridge)
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: CESSNA 180B (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 121 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR O-470 SERIES (230 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 180KK , Serial Number: 50401, Year manufactured: 1958, Airworthiness Date: 12/04/1958
Registrant (Individual): Kenneth F Krentsa, Po Box 903, Stockbridge, MA 01262
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 11/28/1997, Exported to: Canada
Drinking water stations with addresses in Stockbridge and their reported violations in the past:STOCKBRIDGE WATER DEPT (Population served: 2,800, Surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- One minor monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Stockbridge that have no violations reported:
- KRIPALU CENTER (Population served: 450, Primary Water Source Type: Purch surface water)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 4
- Hazardous Condition: 1
|Most common first names in Stockbridge, MA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Stockbridge, MA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (58%)
- Utility gas (19%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (12%)
- Electricity (7%)
- Wood (4%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Stockbridge compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Stockbridge on our top lists:
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in religious group quarters (population 1,000+)"
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other nonhousehold living situations (population 1,000+)"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards (population 1,000+)"
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Other Caribbean (population 500+)"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest number of births per 1000 residents 2007-2013"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2010 and 2011"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2011"
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Obama (Democrat) in the 2012 Presidential Election"
- #71 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people moving out compared to moving in (pop. 50,000+)"
Total of 12 patent applications in 2008-2017.