Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Upper Sandusky: Indian Mill. My mother used to live in the house across the road from it.
Upper Sandusky: Farm country west of town, along US 30.
Upper Sandusky: Wayandot County Court House in Upper Sandusky, Ohio.
Upper Sandusky: City skyline on a warm spring day.
Upper Sandusky: Rail road crossing just south of downtown
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||39.1 years|
|Ohio median age:||39.3 years|
Zip codes: 43351.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $21,753 (it was $17,484 in 2000)
Upper Sandusky city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $98,914 (it was $82,100 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $132,116; Detached houses: $134,794; Townhouses or other attached units: $144,136; In 2-unit structures: $89,638; Mobile homes: $58,685
Median gross rent in 2015: $609.
Races in Upper Sandusky, OH (2010)
- 6,18393.7%White alone
- 500.8%Asian alone
- 550.8%Two or more races
- 180.3%Black alone
- 80.1%American Indian alone
- 10.02%Other race alone
Latest news from Upper Sandusky, OH collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (45.3%), American (17.5%), Irish (5.4%), English (4.6%), Italian (2.6%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1966
Elevation: 861 feet
Land area: 5.24 square miles.
Population density: 1,252 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Upper Sandusky:
- High school or higher: 88.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.1%
- Unemployed: 2.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Upper Sandusky city:
- Never married: 25.4%
- Now married: 52.3%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 10.1%
- Divorced: 10.0%
170 residents are foreign born (2.3% Latin America).
According to our research of Ohio and other state lists there were 12 registered sex offenders living in Upper Sandusky, Ohio as of March 26, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Upper Sandusky to the number of sex offenders is 552 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $877 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $931 (1.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Toledo, OH (59.8 miles , pop. 313,619).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (239.0 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Harpster, OH (2.6 miles ), Kirby, OH (2.7 miles) , Nevada, OH (2.8 miles ), Oceola, OH (3.1 miles) , Wharton, OH (3.1 miles ), Carey, OH (3.2 miles ), Sycamore, OH (3.2 miles ), Morral, OH (3.2 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 9 buildings, average cost: $101,000
- 1998: 9 buildings, average cost: $101,000
- 1999: 21 buildings, average cost: $135,300
- 2000: 10 buildings, average cost: $151,300
- 2001: 16 buildings, average cost: $139,600
- 2002: 10 buildings, average cost: $153,100
- 2003: 10 buildings, average cost: $180,600
- 2004: 18 buildings, average cost: $158,400
- 2005: 18 buildings, average cost: $153,200
- 2006: 9 buildings, average cost: $221,900
- 2007: 6 buildings, average cost: $164,500
- 2008: 4 buildings, average cost: $251,000
- 2009: 4 buildings, average cost: $326,000
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $211,500
- 2011: 5 buildings, average cost: $199,800
- 2012: 6 buildings, average cost: $227,800
- 2013: 9 buildings, average cost: $223,500
- 2014: 4 buildings, average cost: $189,300
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 40.83 N, Longitude: 83.28 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,483 (+21.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,783 (54.7%)
Area codes: 419, 567
|Crime rates in Upper Sandusky by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 271.1)||250.5||146.9||10.1||18.8||112.3||189.2||185.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Upper Sandusky detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.98|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +442 (+7.3%).
- Manufacturing (30%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (12%)
- Construction (10%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Retail trade (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (24%)
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Production occupations (14%)
- Material moving occupations (13%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (11%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (15%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (11%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (8%)
Average climate in Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Upper Sandusky-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Ohio state average. It is 35% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/11/1965, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 18.7 miles away from the Upper Sandusky city center killed 13 people and injured 104 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/2/1971, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 9.4 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Upper Sandusky-area historical earthquake activity is near Ohio state average. It is 84% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 156.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 122.5 miles away from Upper Sandusky center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 185.0 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 60.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 295.3 miles away from Upper Sandusky center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 281.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Wyandot County (8) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 3, Storms: 3, Snows: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Carl Karcher - Food industry businessman, Dave McClain (American football) - Football player and coach, Jon Diebler - Basketball player, Jeffrey McClain - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers in Upper Sandusky:
- HOSPICE OF WYANDOT COUNTY INC (320 W MAPLE ST, SUITE C)
- WYANDOT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Government - Hospital District or Authority, 885 NORTH SANDUSKY AVENUE)
- WYANDOT COUNTY HOME HEALTH AGENCY (210 NORTH SANDUSKY AVENUE)
- FAIRHAVEN COMMUNITY (850 S MARSEILLES AVENUE)
- SUNNY VILLA INC (342 S 8TH ST)
- WYANDOT COUNTY SKILLED NURSING AND REHABILITATION (7830 N ST HWY 199 RR2)
- WYANDOT MANOR (800 MISSION DRIVE)
Airports and heliports located in Upper Sandusky:
- Wyandot County Airport (56D) (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 500, Itinerant Ops: 1,800, Local Ops: 5,100, Military Ops: 10)
- Wyandot Memorial Hospital Heliport (76OH)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Upper Sandusky:
- Tiffin University (about 21 miles; Tiffin, OH; Full-time enrollment: 4,927)
- The University of Findlay (about 25 miles; Findlay, OH; FT enrollment: 3,649)
- Ohio Northern University (about 30 miles; Ada, OH; FT enrollment: 2,474)
- Terra State Community College (about 37 miles; Fremont, OH; FT enrollment: 2,119)
- James A Rhodes State College (about 40 miles; Lima, OH; FT enrollment: 2,689)
- Bowling Green State University-Main Campus (about 43 miles; Bowling Green, OH; FT enrollment: 16,357)
- University of Northwestern Ohio (about 46 miles; Lima, OH; FT enrollment: 4,231)
Public high school in Upper Sandusky:
- UPPER SANDUSKY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 576, Location: 800 N SANDUSKY AVE, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Upper Sandusky:
- UPPER SANDUSKY MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 547, Location: 390 W WALKER ST, Grades: 4-8)
- UNION ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 390 W WALKER ST, Grades: KG-3)
- SOUTH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 444 S 8TH ST, Grades: KG-5)
- EAST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 401 N 3RD ST, Grades: KG-5)
Private elementary/middle school in Upper Sandusky:
Notable locations in Upper Sandusky: Lincoln Hill Golf Course (A), Karls Golf Course (B), Highland Acres Industrial Park (C), Wyandot County Emergency Medical Services (D), Upper Sandusky Fire Department (E), Upper Sandusky City Hall (F), Wyandot County Courthouse (G), Fairhaven United Church Homes (H), Wyandot Manor Nursing Home (I), Wyandot Museum (J), Upper Sandusky Community Library (K). Display/hide their locations on the map
Main business address in Upper Sandusky: COMMERCIAL BANCSHARES INC \OH\ (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Upper Sandusky include: Wyandot Mission Church (A), Trinity United Methodist Church (B), Trinity United Church of Christ (C), Saint Peters Catholic Church (D), Saint Paul Lutheran Church (E), Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (F), John Stewart United Methodist Church (G), First Presbyterian Church (H), First Lutheran Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Saint Peters Cemetery (1), Upper Sandusky Mausoleum (2), Nine Oaks Cemetery (3), Fort Ferree Cemetery (4), Mission Cemetery (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Upper Sandusky Reservoir (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Upper Sandusky include: Harrison Smith Park (1), Bicentennial Park (2), South Sandusky Avenue Historic District (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Bunch of Fun Youth Center (Amusement & Theme Parks; 439 North Warpole Street).
Hotels: Amerihost Inn (1726 E Wyandot Ave), Day's Motel Like Father Limited (325 North Warpole Street), AAA Auto Club (235 North Sandusky Avenue), Comfort Inn Upper Sandusky (105 Comfort Drive).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 28.2. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2010 was 19.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.8 miles away from the city center.
(19.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 30.2% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Upper Sandusky in 2010:
- 131 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 18 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 5 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Upper Sandusky in 2000:
- 245 people in nursing homes
- 13 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 7 people in other group homes
- 6 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Upper Sandusky (2011 data):
- The Commercial Savings Bank: at 118 South Sandusky Avenue, branch established on 1920/06/08; Drive-In Facility at 402 North Sandusky Avenue, branch established on 1981/09/01. Info updated 2007/12/26: Bank assets: $288.1 mil, Deposits: $259.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Commercial Bancshares, Inc.
- The First Citizens National Bank of Upper Sandusky: Church Street Branch at 335 West Church Street, branch established on 1973/06/04; The First Citizens National Bank Of at 100 North Sandusky, branch established on 1902/12/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $220.2 mil, Deposits: $170.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 8 total offices
- Community First Bank, National Association: Upper Sandusky Branch at 101 N. Sandusky Avuene, branch established on 2002/03/25. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $52.3 mil, Deposits: $47.0 mil, headquarters in Forest, OH, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Community First Bancshares, Inc.
- The Huntington National Bank: Upper Sandusky Branch at 491 West Church Street, branch established on 1985/06/30. Info updated 2012/04/02: Bank assets: $54,183.4 mil, Deposits: $44,300.3 mil, headquarters in Columbus, OH, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 878 total offices, Holding Company: Huntington Bancshares Incorporated
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association: Upper Sandusky Branch at 335 North Sandusky Avenue, branch established on 1889/01/01. Info updated 2011/11/10: Bank assets: $1,811,678.0 mil, Deposits: $1,190,738.0 mil, headquarters in Columbus, OH, positive income, International Specialization, 5577 total offices, Holding Company: Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Upper Sandusky city (based on Wyandot County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Wyandot County:||4.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyandot County:||1.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|Ohio:||1.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wyandot County:||3.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.25 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Upper Sandusky, OH Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||6||$33,913||$67,826||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||11||$61,958||$67,591||6||$26,880|
|Police Protection - Officers||18||$118,169||$78,779||1||$490|
|Police - Other||8||$31,037||$46,556||1||$1,033|
|Streets and Highways||8||$38,526||$57,789||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||8||$35,504||$53,256||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||8||$32,322||$48,483||1||$3,366|
|Totals for Government||95||$504,515||$63,728||13||$41,230|
4.71% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,337 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Seneca County, OH||0.78% ($25,753 average AGI)|
|from Hancock County, OH||0.77% ($32,292)|
|from Crawford County, OH||0.47% ($32,682)|
4.81% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,581 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Upper Sandusky:
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WRFD (880 AM; daytime; 23 kW; COLUMBUS-WORTHINGTON, OH; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF OHIO, INC.)
- WDFN (1130 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHK (1220 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCHB (1200 AM; 50 kW; TAYLOR, MI; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DETROIT, LLC)
- WWJ (950 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WOWO (1190 AM; 50 kW; FORT WAYNE, IN; Owner: PATHFINDER COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WXYT (1270 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF DETROIT)
Strongest FM radio stations in Upper Sandusky:
- WXML (90.1 FM; UPPER SANDUSKY, OH; Owner: KAYSER B/CAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WYNT (95.9 FM; UPPER SANDUSKY, OH; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WOSB (91.1 FM; MARION, OH; Owner: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WKXA-FM (100.5 FM; FINDLAY, OH; Owner: BLANCHARD RIVER BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMRN-FM (106.9 FM; MARION, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WDIF (94.3 FM; MARION, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCKY-FM (103.7 FM; TIFFIN, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WQEL (92.7 FM; BUCYRUS, OH; Owner: ANCHOR BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WFXN-FM (102.3 FM; GALION, OH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKTN (95.3 FM; KENTON, OH; Owner: RADIO GENERAL, LTD.)
- WYXZ (98.7 FM; CRESTLINE, OH; Owner: ELYRIA-LORAIN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBVI (96.7 FM; FOSTORIA, OH; Owner: TCB HOLDINGS, INC./ C/O ROPPE CORPOR)
- WPFX-FM (107.7 FM; NORTH BALTIMORE, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- W257AB (99.3 FM; MARION, OH; Owner: GAP, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Upper Sandusky:
- WMFD-TV (Channel 68; MANSFIELD, OH; Owner: MID-STATE TELEVISION,INC.)
- W54AF (Channel 54; BUCYRUS, OH; Owner: CRAWFORD BROADCASTING. COMPANY, INC.)
- WLQP-LP (Channel 18; LIMA, OH; Owner: METRO VIDEO PRODUCTIONS, INC.)
- WBGU-TV (Channel 27; BOWLING GREEN, OH; Owner: BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- W09CG (Channel 9; FINDLAY, OH; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- WOCB-LP (Channel 39; MARION, OH; Owner: CENTRAL OHIO ASSOCIATION OF CHRISTIAN BROADCASTERS)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 7Number of bridges
- 28m92ftTotal length
- 47,370Total average daily traffic
- 12,722Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 75 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Upper Sandusky, OH)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 28 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 48 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Upper Sandusky)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 11 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Upper Sandusky)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Upper Sandusky and their reported violations in the past:LOVELL COUNTRY MARKET PWS (Population served: 42, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:TEE PEE CAMPGROUND (Population served: 38, Groundwater):
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Upper Sandusky that have no violations reported:
- KINGDOM HALL OF JEHOVAHS WITNESSES (Population served: 90, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- LINCOLN HILLS GOLF CLUB (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 34
- Hazardous Condition: 29
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Upper Sandusky
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Upper Sandusky, Ohio:
- Comfort Inn, 105 Comfort Dr, Upper Sandusky, Ohio 43351 , Phone: (419) 294-3891, Fax: (419) 294-2540
- Best Western, 1726 E Wyandot Ave, Upper Sandusky, Ohio 43351 , Phone: (419) 294-3919, Fax: (419) 294-5684
|Most common first names in Upper Sandusky, OH among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Upper Sandusky, OH among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (64%)
- Electricity (34%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
|Businesses in Upper Sandusky, OH|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||KFC||1|
|Arby's||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Circle K||1||Rite Aid||1|
Upper Sandusky compared to Ohio state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
Upper Sandusky on our top lists:
- #5 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of burglaries per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index decrease from 2002 to 2012 (population 5,000+)"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the smallest city-data.com crime index per police officer (population 5,000+)"
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest city-data.com crime index (population 5,000+)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of thefts per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #74 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of assaults per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #99 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of auto thefts per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
Total of 17 patent applications in 2008-2017.