Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 09:06 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,114,161 times

Advertisements

I was getting them all day then changed the skin to the "Default Beige" and have not had any since doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 11:15 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,812,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
Well, I was going to report another database error on the previous database error thread here, i.e., https://www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/1278727-database-errors.html , but, as the title of my thread states, I'm getting a database error even when I try to access it as well when trying to pull up the last page of it.

The original issue I was having is on this thread - getting the database error:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/mobil...w-florida.html

In my post in this thread (last one in the thread), I made an edit, and when I tried to save it, is when I first received the database error, thus my edit was not saved. However, when I went back in to edit the post, the edited part DOES EXIST still when I pull it up to edit... yet it still gives me the database error when I try to save it.

However, now I can't even access this thread, much less my post in it.

Help!
Thanks, Administrator, all is well now on the CD homefront!

Old 08-21-2011, 01:56 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,307,454 times
It's working now thankfully. When I posted yesterday about it, right after, I could not even view my post in here. Or any others. I am on a PC, so it isn't just a Mac issue apparently. I am very relieved that it is working again for now anyway.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:29 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,083,163 times
So far, so good. This is the first thread that I came to today and I got right in with no problem. I held my breath when I clicked on the last page but it went through. Thanks so much for fixing it.

Sorry for the duplicate post last evening. After clicking on submit reply, I got the database error message so I tried again. It didn't seem as if either message went through but they both did apparently. But I couldn't get to the most recent posts to see that.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:35 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,812,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I was getting them all day then changed the skin to the "Default Beige" and have not had any since doing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I am on a PC, so it isn't just a Mac issue apparently. I am very relieved that it is working again for now anyway.

Folks, per the CD Administrator's post (quoted below), this was strictly a CD system issue... not a user issue. It had nothing to do with what you did or didn't do or what type machine you're using... at least this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
We've now repaired some broken databases due to this hosting issues earlier today. If you still get database errors, please post and copy&paste the full error message.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:37 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,721,236 times
I was plagued by them and it resulted in one post being printed 3 times.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:50 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,755,083 times
I am having something slightly different with CD.On particular threads I enter the thread seems to continually refresh itself as I try to scroll down to read posts. When the page no longer wants to refresh, it will knock me out of CD and then a whole different page will appear saying page not found, city-data.com doesn't exist. I will try to copy and paste the error when it happens.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:16 PM

43,356 posts, read 77,229,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
I am having something slightly different with CD.On particular threads I enter the thread seems to continually refresh itself as I try to scroll down to read posts. When the page no longer wants to refresh, it will knock me out of CD and then a whole different page will appear saying page not found, city-data.com doesn't exist. I will try to copy and paste the error when it happens.
That sounds like you are accessing a thread that a mod is editing and deleting posts.
That activity messes with your browser.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:37 PM

8,954 posts, read 4,274,533 times
Or it might happen with longer threads loaded with photos, if you have a slow connection. That problem may be solved by editing the number of posts to show per page in your settings.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:44 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,755,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
Or it might happen with longer threads loaded with photos, if you have a slow connection. That problem may be solved by editing the number of posts to show per page in your settings.
Thanks Marka. This morning it is doing it again. I will try as you suggested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum