Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,100 times

Advertisements

Auburn isn't a great place to live, but it is one of the better places in Alabama. DON'T live in Opelika, there is lots of crime and poor schools. The best family neighborhood is Cary Woods, because the houses are nice, it is kid friendly, it is beautiful, it has a neighborhood school, and is not too far from the center of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 11:23 PM

6 posts, read 23,330 times
well i thought this area was a dream when I first moved here just over a year ago. Now I am bored out of my mind and daily crying about this big mistake. There is no culture, art, or anything of real interest. Those who try to persuade you otherwise probably have never left the state, experienced real food or diversity for that matter. Just my 2 cents. Trying to get the hell out of here ASAP!

Old 04-05-2009, 04:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,079 times
Could someone please send me areas in PA that has decent schools and good neighborhoods. I am looking to relocate soon,from Maryland to the York area of Pennsylvania. Could someone give me a listings of good neighborhoods in this area?thanks helen

Old 07-07-2009, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,830 times
where is the best place to search for jobs in the area? I currently live in the chicago area and my family really wants to move to the auburn area. I work in construction management but would consider other areas of work. Thanks

Old 07-30-2009, 04:28 PM

11 posts, read 24,894 times
Well,...there must be some reason you singled out Auburn from Chicago? Please don't tell me it was one of those 'most livable cities' rankings or the Auburn Opelika website (very well done, but oh-so misleading and exxagerated). I can tell you that as a former Midwesterner now living here, you are in for a real culture shock. There's nothing meant by that comment other than to simply state through my observations the huge differences in regional cultures. So much so, I could write a book on it. I'd be more than happy to discuss directly with you if you like. Just be very cautious with your move! If you have Alabama in your sights, a much more agreeable move would be a place like Huntsville. Thousands of people from all parts of the country (and world).

Old 01-08-2010, 07:05 PM

181 posts, read 537,678 times
The move to Auburn might be back on.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,471 times
Hi jgean. I saw someone had previously suggested Valley to you. It is, as stated, not far outside of Auburn and much more quiet. I do not know of rentals, but my husband and I are soon to be selling our home in Valley. It is about 3-4 miles off the interstate, and we will be listing it in March for around 145,000. It is 1424 sq. ft, 3 BR 2 bath. If you are interested and would like more information, please let me know.

Thanks!

Old 04-28-2010, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,190 times
The schools in Auburn are great!! Auburn is a city school system unlike others. It's schools do not have a school board, all of the schools have an award, everything you will need is by your house. I recomend only live in auburn all the surronding areas are not that good for nieghborhoods and schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama