Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 08:22 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,856 times

Advertisements

One thing about the Right is that they live in an alternate universe. When Obama got elected I remember here on this forum the fear mongering that he will take away our Second Amendment rights. Of course, the dittoheads here got their little p*ss vaccine from their Dr. Limbaugh.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Glitch, profiting from tragedy? For that you can always count on the NRA. They are the world champions at that.

You can also count on your patron saint and his loony tunes. Here -

Rush Limbaugh: Jared Loughner Has 'Full Support' Of Democratic Party
I do not listen to Limbaugh, but since you provided a link I did read his statement:

Quote:
"What Mr. Loughner knows is that he has the full support of a major political party in this country. He's sitting there in jail. He knows what's going on, he knows that...the Democrat party is attempting to find anybody but him to blame. He knows if he plays his cards right, he's just a victim. He's the latest in a never-ending parade of victims brought about by the unfairness of America...this guy clearly understands he's getting all the attention and he understands he's got a political party doing everything it can, plus a local sheriff doing everything that they can to make sure he's not convicted of murder - but something lesser."
I happen to agree with this sentiment. Democrats around the nation have rallied together to blame everyone, except the actual shooter. It would not surprise me in the least to see the Obama Department of Justice (which is clearly an oxymoron) deliberately botch the prosecution so there can be no conviction. After all, poor Jared is a "victim" of right-wing hate mongering, right?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:28 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
And now they intend to profit off her tragedy. Now that is a real class act. Nobody has ever accused the Democrats of having dignity or decorum. Just ask Paul Wellstone.
I must have missed the part where they said PLEASE DONATE HERE. Mind showing me where that is?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:33 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
Nothing right now is pertinent to the case...It was not political on the Dems versus Repubs...this is all bogus....

Old 01-11-2011, 08:39 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I think what really needs to happen, politics aside, is for there to be a good way to report people that are clearly acting strange in public and to have someone actually pay attention to the report. The school he was in, for example, should have tried to get that guy picked up for an evaluation instead of just getting rid of him and wiping their hands clean of the problem.
News reports are coming out that the Tuscon PD had several encounters with him prior to the tragedy. Unknown content yet...

Old 01-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
I must have missed the part where they said PLEASE DONATE HERE. Mind showing me where that is?
You clearly must have. Here is a snapshot of the relevant portion of the letter:

Notice the great big blue box in the right side of the image that says in capital letters and an exclamation point: DONATE! 21st Century Dems Needs Your Help! CLICK HERE!

You may want to have your vision tested, because that is awfully difficult to miss. Unless it was intentionally "missed" as a result of deliberate political bias, which I suspect is far more likely than "vision" problems.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 PM

Glitch just a question cuz I really don't know you but how would you have prevented this lunatic from doing what he did?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:48 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You clearly must have. Here is a snapshot of the relevant portion of the letter:

Notice the great big blue box in the right side of the image that says in capital letters and an exclamation point: DONATE! 21st Century Dems Needs Your Help! CLICK HERE!

You may want to have your vision tested, because that is awfully difficult to miss. Unless it was intentionally "missed" as a result of deliberate political bias, which I suspect is far more likely than "vision" problems.
Anyone can open your original link and see that you have to scroll to the right to even see that blue box.

Now, I'll ask you again; where in that guy's message does he ask for money?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:48 PM

...... Red Queen what would you have done to prevent this from occurring?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Glitch just a question cuz I really don't know you but how would you have prevented this lunatic from doing what he did?
Since I was not there at the time, I clearly could not prevent this lunatic from going on a shooting rampage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska