Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 03:17 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Oh now everyone should be able to understand what the Glitch has to say. It all boils down to the Right is never Wrong. Is that right? The Glitch says the right is always right and the left is always wrong.

But what happens when both sides are wrong with the inflammatory rhetoric? That is where the Glitch is a Glitch because he is simply not smart enough to be able to understand that some things are wrong.

There is no one here who is anti American. So the right is wrong. Is that acceptable? Almost everyone here agrees that both sides have gone too far and both sides are wrong with the inflammatory rhetoric. But you say no the conservative right is never wrong except the right can be both right and wrong when you say so. Your entire theory is wrong and nothing you say will make it right. The right and left are figments of your over active imagination and it is in reality, which you'll never understand, an opinion which can be swayed by words. Long live the Glitch---He has never been wrong--Right?????t-----------------WRONG!!!!!!!
I came on here to say I don't think any of us are anti-American but you beat me to it. I think it is a sign of maturity to be able to admit when you are wrong. I have been angered for a while over the gunsights on the map and the list, I had never seen the list with bullseyes before. I don't usually pay a lot of attention to politics. What continues to disturb me is the attempt by the Palin crew that they were not gunsights, but just harmless surveyor marks. If they were surveyor marks, Palin would have "refudiated" people calling them gunsights way back when they first were posted. Why do the lies keep coming?

Old 01-11-2011, 03:40 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Did you know its illegal to fish for whales on Sunday in the state of Ohio?
No I didn't, lol, but I'm glad you told me.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:40 PM

I heard that the Westboro Church is going to protest at the funerals of the victims, what is their problem? Free speech is stretched way beyond what the constitution writers ever planned, now those folks at that "church" are truly anti-American. It is groups like this that threaten our freedoms as Americans.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:48 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I heard that the Westboro Church is going to protest at the funerals of the victims, what is their problem? Free speech is stretched way beyond what the constitution writers ever planned, now those folks at that "church" are truly anti-American. It is groups like this that threaten our freedoms as Americans.
Hopefully these people will be there also:

Home

Quote:
Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:

Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.
The state of AZ itself is taking measures to keep them out.

Were you around when they picketed Silverton because of the cross dressing mayor? Everyone dressed in drag and laughed them out of town.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:48 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
one of the tactics of Palin is to label her enemies (or put targets on them) and here too that can happen as well. labeling people is an attempt to dehumanize and thereby render that person "less than". That is a tactic in war and in politics. in the current case it worked and many people were killed tragically. whether this pscyhopath learned it on the web or from the tv....he felt supported in his goals.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:10 PM

109 posts, read 166,836 times
The damage control activity from the Palin camp should not come as a shock to anyone. Sad, yes, but predictable. The finger pointing across political lines, also no shock. Again, sad, but predictable.

If SP is guilty of contributing to that horrific shooting, then she is no more culpable than the sheriffs department (who it seems knew the shooter was a little "off"), the gun seller, the ammunition seller, the manufacturers of both, the band members of Drowning Pool, the guy they bought the lyrics from, the producers and distributors of the album "Bodies" is on.... I could go on, but you get the idea.

WE as a society contributed to this situation, in multiple but innocuous ways. Instead of grabbing pitchforks and torches on the way to Wasilla, perhaps we should try to identify the ways to prevent something like this from happening again. I'm no advocate of restricting personal rights, so I do not believe tightening gun control is the answer. However, it's obvious people in this guy's life KNEW he was several fries short of a happy meal. How did it get to this point?! Those people, that KNEW him, that FELT he was on the edge, and did NOTHING.... Those are the folks that should feel a sense of personal responsibility in this. Blaming SP is like saying guns kill people, and pencils misspell words. We CANNOT allow our government to (further!) remove our freedoms in favor of our security. If we let it happen, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Please don't misunderstand, I am no fan of the Ubetcha Dingbat. However, I don't intend to blame her for global warming or the devaluation of the dollar in international trade, either. Does the political rhetoric need to be toned down? Absolutely, on all sides.

This incident was tragic. Simple. It wasn't left, it wasn't right, it was just tragic. Christina Green had her whole life ahead of her. 6 people died. 14 more were injured. This wasn't just about politics.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:20 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Oh now everyone should be able to understand what the Glitch has to say. It all boils down to the Right is never Wrong. Is that right? The Glitch says the right is always right and the left is always wrong.

But what happens when both sides are wrong with the inflammatory rhetoric? That is where the Glitch is a Glitch because he is simply not smart enough to be able to understand that some things are wrong.

There is no one here who is anti American. So the right is wrong. Is that acceptable? Almost everyone here agrees that both sides have gone too far and both sides are wrong with the inflammatory rhetoric. But you say no the conservative right is never wrong except the right can be both right and wrong when you say so. Your entire theory is wrong and nothing you say will make it right. The right and left are figments of your over active imagination and it is in reality, which you'll never understand, an opinion which can be swayed by words. Long live the Glitch---He has never been wrong--Right?????t-----------------WRONG!!!!!!!
You are projecting, again. Why is it you feel the need to manufacture things I never said or even implied? Is reality that difficult for you to grasp? Is it those pesky "voices" in your head telling you to lie?

The foundation of Americanism can be summed up from the Declaration of Independence:

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
So when I see people who are anti-Life, anti-Liberty, and anti-pursuit of Happiness, I naturally conclude that they are anti-Americans. Since life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is an anathema to the left, it is not a difficult leap of logic to conclude that leftists are anti-American.

Contrary to your distorted view of reality, there are a great many anti-American posters in this forum who relish the thought of a fascist cradle-to-grave nanny state where life is held cheap, liberty is dispised, and the pursuit of happiness is an overly oppressive government.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I came on here to say I don't think any of us are anti-American but you beat me to it. I think it is a sign of maturity to be able to admit when you are wrong. I have been angered for a while over the gunsights on the map and the list, I had never seen the list with bullseyes before. I don't usually pay a lot of attention to politics. What continues to disturb me is the attempt by the Palin crew that they were not gunsights, but just harmless surveyor marks. If they were surveyor marks, Palin would have "refudiated" people calling them gunsights way back when they first were posted. Why do the lies keep coming?
Were you as equally offended by the use of bullseyes on maps and the inflammatory rhetoric by the Democrat Party in 2004 and 2008 "targeting" Republicans, or just Sarah Palin's use of them in 2010?

As I originally pointed out, the hypocrisy of the anti-American left is truly amazing.

You may have grounds for copyright infringement against Sarah Palin, but you certainly cannot accuse her of originating the bullseye motif on political maps.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:42 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
OK, sure, Palin is nuts, and she's incredibly annoying, but she isn't "guilty" of anything.

OK, it's true, "Wanting someone dead is not a crime", she is just gauche enough to state this in public. What a wonderful example of American Politics she is!!! Might even be a forty eighth cousin of Howard Taft.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Were you as equally offended by the use of bullseyes on maps and the inflammatory rhetoric by the Democrat Party in 2004 and 2008 "targeting" Republicans, or just Sarah Palin's use of them in 2010?

As I originally pointed out, the hypocrisy of the anti-American left is truly amazing.

You may have grounds for copyright infringement against Sarah Palin, but you certainly cannot accuse her of originating the bullseye motif on political maps.
As I said, I wasn't even aware of it until the day before yesterday, and it isn't right for either side, but a target vs a gunsight and a list of names, are they equal? I don't know. The main difference we can all agree on is that one of the people on the list has been shot and that no evidence ties the shooter to the list. I don't need to call someone a hypocrite to feel better about myself, and I prefer not to act that way. And I am not a member of the left. Labels are not my style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska