Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 08:08 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
It seems that the killer din't listen to any of the crap you are talking about, but to leftist stuff. Forget about that article from a newspaper that used to be, go to Drudge, and read the latest. The guy is a crazy as the sherif who is giving ammunition to the defense

Ray--both "sides" are scrambling to point blame.

The guy was a paranoid schizophrenic and had no real political ideology or motivation. His reading list et al was typical of a person with his particular mental disorder.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:33 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
Quote:
It seems that the killer din't listen to any of the crap you are talking about, but to leftist stuff. Forget about that article from a newspaper that used to be, go to Drudge, and read the latest. The guy is a crazy as the sherif who is giving ammunition to the defense
I certainly don't believe any political party influenced this kid. He worked himself into a frenzy all by himself. Long ago all the cheese slid off his cracker.

What 22 year old normal kid is obsessed with whacking a politician? Heck, at his age, I had two pressing concerns: boozing and balling. So he's either nuts or I was at his age.

Anyways, I agree with the Sheriff in what he says about Limbaugh. Rush is an agitator of the first order and makes really good money doing it. But, his daily rants weren't why this guy went off the deep end -- he clearly has a broken mind.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:34 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
And you sound like who?
A petulant child?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:54 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Ray--both "sides" are scrambling to point blame.

The guy was a paranoid schizophrenic and had no real political ideology or motivation. His reading list et al was typical of a person with his particular mental disorder.
Yes, I agree with you.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
and they play that tune every time innocent people are killed IMO.
Innocent people are not often killed by sociopathic schizophrenics because of differences in political ideology. Though in some cases it may seem that way at first glance...deeper investigation has always found that there have been other factors at play.

We all have those differences among ourselves. The great majority of us simply do not open fire on crowds of people because of what someone else typed on the internet.

It remains unclear and is becoming increasingly improbable whether the shooter in this tragedy paid any attention to Palin or the Tea Party in any way whatsover.

Personally I believe Sarah Palin to be a charlatan of the first order. A liar, an opportunist, and yes, an inciter.

But in this particular case...in a legal sense...it doesn't fly. The kind of society which allow for an "arrest" of Sarah Palin in this case would essentially be a police state in which none of us would be safe. The simple fact is...is that Palin's rhetoric does not fall into the legal definition of hate speech.

It would take a Consitutional amendment to make it so and if that were to happen...God help us all.

It's sad to see the division that's occuring in the United States these days. Neighbors and families are turning against each other when we should all be pulling together. Even people who are supposedly on the same "side" are slinging their mud at those who disagree with them on minor points.

And sadly, this shooting incident has served to increase that division expotentially.

Neither the extreme right or the extreme left has the answer concerning the salvation of the United States.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
I certainly don't believe any political party influenced this kid. He worked himself into a frenzy all by himself. Long ago all the cheese slid off his cracker.

What 22 year old normal kid is obsessed with whacking a politician? Heck, at his age, I had two pressing concerns: boozing and balling. So he's either nuts or I was at his age.

Anyways, I agree with the Sheriff in what he says about Limbaugh. Rush is an agitator of the first order and makes really good money doing it. But, his daily rants weren't why this guy went off the deep end -- he clearly has a broken mind.
According to some of the news, he liked reading The Communist Manifesto and stuff like that. Also, he had a grudge against the politician he shot over the answer to a question he asked of her back in 2006 or 2007. All the links are posted at Drudge, but this website may be down because of the number of people trying to get in. I tried for about a minute without success

Old 01-10-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
31 pages of crap.
Then don't read it. There are plenty of other discussions taking place here that may be more to your liking

If you open a thread like this, you know what you're going to find.

sorry--love ya, Warpt, but you need to learn to let other people have room to have the discussions that they want to have.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
According to some of the news, he liked reading The Communist Manifesto and stuff like that. Also, he had a grudge against the politician he shot over the answer to a question he asked of her back in 2006 or 2007.
Apparently he liked reading a lot of things. His reading list was typical of that of other sociopathic schizophrenics...no real clear allegiance to either the "left" or the "right".

And yes, it seems that his obsession with the Congresswoman began back in '07.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:08 PM

Here is goes:

Described by classmate as "left-wing pothead":
Jared Loughner, Alleged Shooter in Gabrielle Giffords Attack, Described by Classmate as "Left-Wing Pothead" - Phoenix News - Valley Fever
The devil made him do it?
Tucson gunman Jared Loughner appears in court | Mail Online
The sherif blames Rush for the massacre
Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol - ABC News

Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 PM

879 posts, read 1,732,199 times
If I just "tweet" something, does that automatically make it true? I read that first link, and it's an unsubstantiated tweet from an unidentified individual regarding the suspects behavior more than three years ago. Is that what passes for fact these days? Scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska