Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 12:09 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,271,472 times

Advertisements

Bill Maher brings clarity and intelligence to the table -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeCm5DTKSno

Old 01-11-2011, 12:22 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,037,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
The loons on Fox News have now gone off the deep end. You should have seen O'Reilly frothing at the mouth today. Tells you a lot about the bogus 'both sides are equally culpable' rubbish.
The point is not that both sides are culpable. I think it is true that some people are trying to make that point but I don't agree with it.

My point is that neither side is culpable in this particular tragedy. There is absolutely no culpability by the loony lefties or the rabid right.

Both sides have the right to rant and rave and scream about the other. Sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires. As long as the rhetoric is just that...rhetoric and not a real threat, it is free speech.

There is plenty of that right here in the Alaska forum. If we are too "sensitive" for that then we should go play somewhere else. While I try not to directly bash another member I do understand how emotions often take over the keyboard.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:30 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,812,770 times
May as well put this republican piece-of-crap down in a pool of blood also.....

Old 01-11-2011, 12:34 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Seems like many of the schools in Salem, Oregon cater to Mexican kids more than English-speaking kids, for example the libraries have signs over them in only Spanish. I don't know much about politics or how that ties into liberalism.
It was my understanding that the bus was funded by monies provided from State and Federal funding that was specifically earmarked for the promotion of diversity.

Nothing wrong with the theory there, I guess. But the reality didn't work out so well. Most of the few Mexican families with children in the neighborhood involved a traditonal mother who didn't have to scramble to get to work on time, let along scrambling to drive the children to school.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:39 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,205,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Nothing but the typical ad homimen attacks by the resident dry drunk when he can't come up with a coherent defense to his sub literate rantings.

I'll freely confess to denying your particular "reality", AADAD, and even to understanding why you must continually attack mine (because you have nothing else).

It's clear that you're nothing but a brain dead rabid liberal who can't see a solution beyond anything that doesn't involve yet another devolution of our Constitutional rights.

For those of you who possess some remaining functioning brain cells, it's like this:

The best case scenario here is that this incident promotes a constructive public dialogue that serves to at least partially bridge the divide that is the most clear and present threat to this this country at this time. Some of this has been evidenced by this thread, so perhaps there is hope.

The worst case scenario is that we devolve into even more of a police state via the type of Constitutional erosions that the likes of AADAD would like to inflict on us.

We're at a crossroads, America. We can either lie down like fools and throw the pages of the late great United States Constitution to the wind like dollar bills at an enticing stipper or we can unite as human beings and stop this petty fighting with our friends and neighbors because...

the greatest threat isn't Sarah Palin. It isn't the Muslims. It isn't Mr. Barack Obama.

It's ourselves.
You have made a lot of sense, Met. Hopefully others will pay attention.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:40 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,255,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
May as well put this republican piece-of-crap down in a pool of blood also.....
If there is one person that should have been in the sights of Loughner, it should have been this lying bastard.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:50 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,812,770 times
Pot stirring piece-of-crap like Palin, Limbaugh and the blond b-itch Ann Coulter

They all 4 outta be bled out in a ditch somewhere....

Old 01-11-2011, 12:51 AM

This:

Quote:
Both sides have the right to rant and rave and scream about the other. Sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires. As long as the rhetoric is just that...rhetoric and not a real threat, it is free speech.
The problem arises, though, when some want to have the chance to impose their own interpretations on what constitutes threats onto Constitutional law.

I think that urban liberals are the ones who understand it the least. Since they are not hunters, are not people who live lives in which firearms are a valid tool, they have a different reaction to these metaphors than some of us do. They pretty much have a Pavlonian response to anything regarding guns.

But so do we. I see the crosshairs and I think about deer hunting (which I don't even do but nopnetheless it's more real to me than any other use of a firearm)...the urban liberals see the same image and they think about mall/school shootings. Guns= bad =gangs etc.

Just more indicaton of the great cultural divide.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You have made a lot of sense, Met. Hopefully others will pay attention.
And maybe people in hell will get ice water sometime soon

Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 AM

553 posts, read 1,545,500 times
Default The Blame Game

Typical American response, blame everything BUT the person who did it. To state fact instead of opinion, Jared Loughner was never a Republican and there is no proof at all that he even knew who Palin was. Another fact is that he disliked Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords since he met her in 2007. His former friends & associates already stated that in interviews. (Insert my opinion here: because he's CRAZY!)

Instead of pointing fingers, we need to stop coddling the mentally ill and hold them accountable for their actions. We need to lock him up in the worst mental asylum known to man and throw away the key.
If you want to educate yourself, read this: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/01/journalists-urged-caution-after-ft-hood-now-race-blame-palin-afte
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska