Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:12 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Your views on politics are blinding your thinking. All you have to do is to read the news report about Letterman's jokes in reference to Palin and daughter visiting NY
If Letterman would have made similar jokes about Obama's kids, this too would have been terrible, at least to any rational person.
I read them and found it nbd. He's a comedian; no matter what their political leanings, comedians often take shots at political people--it gets them attention and money. When I watched it on the news I assumed that he was talking about Miss Abstinence rather than either of the younger ones.

And the Palinistas have blown it all out of proportion as usual.

Things have of course been said about the Obama girls...pretty racist and classless things....the Palins would serve themselves well to emulate him and try to rise above it no matter how difficult it would be for them.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:16 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,509 times
Well....if you are in politics, and your 17 daughter goes out and starts screwing dudes and gets knocked up....people are going to react to that. Especially if you claim to be "christian" and "moral" and stand for "family values".

Old 06-11-2009, 08:18 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I read them and found it nbd. He's a comedian; no matter what their politcal leanings, comedians often take shots at political people--it gets them attention and money. When I watched it on the news I assumed that he was talking about Miss Abstinence rather than either of the younger ones.

And the Palinistas have blown it all out of proportion as usual.

Things have of course been said about the Obama girls...pretty racist and classless things....the Palins would serve themselves well to emulate him and try to rise above it no matter how difficult it would be for them.
What Letterman said is inexcusable, regardless of how any of us feels about politics. The only way to understand it is to put politics aside, and imagine that Letterman was joking about a child relative of ours.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Well....if you are in politics, and your 17 daughter goes out and starts screwing dudes and gets knocked up....people are going to react to that. Especially if you claim to be "christian" and "moral" and stand for "family values".
How difficult is it for you to comprehend that Letterman was joking about about a 14-year old and not about Palin's older daughter? With an user name such as "Interpol," you should be aware of all of these things and more

Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,713,272 times
First of all, it's obvious to anybody with half a brain that Letterman's (admittedly unfunny) joke was directed at the daughter who has already been knocked up. Secondly, it sounds like the First Dude has rape fantasies. Who brought that word into it?

Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Letterman is a punk. If he said that about my daughter he'd be without testicles in a few short days. He couldn't hire enough security to protect himself. The only reason Letterman says this stuff is to see if he can get a rise out of Obama when they spoon.... Letterman, pure punk all the way....
Amen...but I think even Obama, and I am not a supporter of his either, did not parade his children the way Palin did, but then he did not have an out-of-wedlock daughter in the news, nor her (Sarah) having flown while in labor, that no normal woman would do, especially on the 5th delivery...spewing family values, and now that Bristol has a child, she is abstinent...give me a break...but do not even begin to pick on Willow...That is as vile as can be...

Met...please don't bring up Stern...he is another that gets me going the wrong way...

Old 06-11-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
What Letterman said is inexcusable, regardless of how any of us feels about politics. The only way to understand it is to put politics aside, and imagine that Letterman was joking about a child relative of ours.
Part of being in politics is having a very thick skin about things like this. I do know what it's like to see one of my own relatives talked badly about in the press because of politics.

Letterman's comments would have been inexcusable coming from a politician, for instance, but comedians take potshots at everyone. Even before radio and television they did so.

The Palins both seem to be trying to milk it for all its worth (which isn't much). It would have been refreshing if they'd accepted Letterman's offer to be on his show.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:26 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times
It's sad that any politico's child is made part of a smear campain. Don't care if they have a R or D after their name. When someone runs for office they need to have a thick hide. If the child has done nothing wrong and is dragged into the mud, that is a whole different matter.

Haven't watched Lettermen in a number of years, it is clear I won't be doing so for a bunch more either, seems he just gave Conan a new lease on Latenight.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:32 PM

Whenever I could stay up that late I always watched Leno if I turned on the tv. Haven't seen Conan yet and at the rate I'm going I won't.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
First of all, it's obvious to anybody with half a brain that Letterman's (admittedly unfunny) joke was directed at the daughter who has already been knocked up. Secondly, it sounds like the First Dude has rape fantasies. Who brought that word into it?
Letterman was talking about Palin and daughter visiting NY, and her daughter being cropped by a baseball player. "The first dude having rape fantasies?" What are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska