Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 08:21 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times

Advertisements

I watched it off and on as I was finishing up making dinner. I did see the very beginning. What I noticed was that Oprah kept pushing the issue of when she didn't invite Palin to her show as she did to Obama. Finally after her bringing it up so many times Palin did have a good answer in that she apologized and said "that was not the center of my universe at that time." I tried to remain objective since I am not a fan of Palin or Oprah; both are too full of themselves. From the parts I saw I quess I'd say the interview went as well as any other. I don't watch Okrah unless she has a guest I really want to see and that is very rare; I did notice she put on quite a bit of weight again.

BTW, notice my enthusiasm and how impressed I was ?

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 11-16-2009 at 08:32 PM..

Old 11-16-2009, 08:32 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
I really didn't see Oprah pushing the issue of why Palin wasn't invited on the show; it seemed rather like she just wanted to clear up a misunderstanding that took place before the election.

Oprah is much more intelligent than the Palien could ever be and could have mopped the floor with her had she so desired. It showed class that she didn't.

I do wonder if SP is going to start whining about Oprah now.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:34 PM

Oprah's Interview with Sarah Palin - What You Didn't See - Oprah.com

Old 11-16-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I really didn't see Oprah pushing the issue of why Palin wasn't invited on the show; it seemed rather like she just wanted to clear up a misunderstanding that took place before the election.

Oprah is much more intelligent than the Palien could ever be and could have mopped the floor with her had she so desired. It showed class that she didn't.

It seemed to me she just went to far with it. Why clear it up now after the fact? If she had been that concerned I think she would have invited her to the show to give her views as well as Obama's. From what little I've watched the show I've never really seen Okrah really go after anybody in a nasty way and I give her credit for that. It doesn't appear to be her style. She does have very good interviewing skills, I'll give her that.

With the money Palin is getting for her book she has nothing to whine about and her as well as McCain and his people should stop playing this blame game and just get over it. I'm gonna write a book and see if Oprah will invite me to the show...yeah sure.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:45 PM

I notice that John McCain himself is declining to take her bait. Good for him.

Pat, Oprah didn't have her on her show for reasons that she explained. There is nothing wrong with clearing it up after the fact, and both women acted pretty good with it.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:55 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
All this fun going on in America and I am 13000 miles away. Lucky you guys.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I notice that John McCain himself is declining to take her bait. Good for him.

Pat, Oprah didn't have her on her show for reasons that she explained. There is nothing wrong with clearing it up after the fact, and both women acted pretty good with it.

Well of course McCain wouldn't take any bait being in his position; would be pretty tasteless and he's got a full plate going.

Yes both women handled it very well. I stated I liked Palin's answer she gave about it "not being the center of her universe at that particular time." As I said, they are both full of themselves.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:07 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:

I missed the very beginning, but I would say Oprah could have mopped the floor with her and more. She held it down I think due to Palin's daughters being in attendance and kudos to her, but she got the point across of flip-floppin around the subject in an educated adult fashion nonetheless. I am surprised SP gave up an hour interview to someone who publicly backed a candidate for the first time, on the opposite ticket

Old 11-16-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I missed the very beginning, but I would say Oprah could have mopped the floor with her and more. She held it down I think due to Palin's daughters being in attendance and kudos to her, but she got the point across of flip-floppin around the subject in an educated adult fashion nonetheless. I am surprised SP gave up an hour interview to someone who publicly backed a candidate for the first time, on the opposite ticket

I was a bit surprised by that also. Well we know she didn't have to have her book plugged. I would bet though that she gets a nice chunk of change for doing that interview. Even if Palin's daughters were not in the audience I don't think Oprah would have mopped the floor with her because although I am not a fan of her's, it just doesn't seem to be her style.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:30 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
[/b]

I was a bit surprised by that also. Well we know she didn't have to have her book plugged. I would bet though that she gets a nice chunk of change for doing that interview. Even if Palin's daughters were not in the audience I don't think Oprah would have mopped the floor with her because although I am not a fan of her's, it just doesn't seem to be her style.
Very true, I am sure $$$ or publicity ruled...would have and could have are 2 totally different animals, and I am not a big fan of Oprah, but the shows I have watched have been very well done, and I am impressed that she maintained that kind of tact, just repeated or reworded the question to try to get a real answer. Maybe Oprah should run....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska