Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2007, 07:46 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,082,189 times

Advertisements

abqben505 complained:

> Something needs to be done. ...

Yeah, charge enough money for the offense to pay to post flesh and blood "enforcement" as much as it takes to cause a real reduction in the offense. I actually don't have a problem charging flagrant violators even thousands of dollars for running red lights at speeds way the heck over.

What's the value of not getting T-Boned by one of them?

6 FOOT 3 retorted:

80's Guru (see note below)

> I'm usually the slowpoke going 65 mph on the interstate that is 75 mph.

In the right lane, I hope. I thought you were one of those "I drove from ABQ to DEN in 6.5 hours" guys(?)

Hey 80's Guru? Do you like Loverboy? We have a guy at work who says they are the best group of the 80's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 10:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
One of the things I noticed while staying in San Antonio, NM three years ago was the only traffic light (and practically the only light) was a flashing red/yellow on Rt 380 in the middle of town. I kind of liked the darkness. It made walking to the B&B from Manny’s kind of romantic.

Auto light cameras, especially if they are “privately" owned, should be scrapped. Use traffic officers and HUGE fines and/or reckless endangerment charges for red light runners. These people are a real danger to everyone else.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:34 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Hey 80's Guru? Do you like Loverboy? We have a guy at work who says they are the best group of the 80's.

Off-topic: The Police were the best band of the '80's.

On-topic: The police should enforce traffic laws, not cameras.

ABQConvict

Old 12-05-2007, 06:35 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
In the right lane, I hope. I thought you were one of those "I drove from ABQ to DEN in 6.5 hours" guys(?)
No ....wrong direction....i was the one driving from ABQ from I-25 south to San Antonio then to Carrizozo and lastly to Alamo with everyone else flying by in a ''furious giving the bird mad rush'' to get to nowhere.

Right lane what is that....lol...

Quote:
Yes Loverboy was very good back then but i wouldn't say they were the best group in that genre as i'm sure ''U2'' would have a say in that.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,082,189 times
ABQConvict asserted:

> Off-topic: The Police were the best band of the '80's.

only because Blondie disbanded in the very early 80's

Old 12-06-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
ABQConvict asserted:
> Off-topic: The Police were the best band of the '80's.
only because Blondie disbanded in the very early 80's
I see where Marty said he will probably veto the bill that Brad Winter sponsored and passed by the Council to disbanned these for 6 weeks.

Off Topic....
I didn't know you like 80's New Wave there Mortimer.....

You should have participated in the Music Forum at the bottom half of City Data on the thread i started ''Favorate 80's New Wave Video'' as its up to 196 replies so far.....

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 12-06-2007 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-16-2007, 09:36 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,289,965 times
Since he has fallen on his face in all of the polls (could not even get elected as dog catcher now). He will keep his illegal red light scam going. The original intent of the task force was to take pressure away from his campaign. There was always a predetermined outcome from the task force. It was just set up to buy some time.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
Since he has fallen on his face in all of the polls (could not even get elected as dog catcher now). He will keep his illegal red light scam going. The original intent of the task force was to take pressure away from his campaign. There was always a predetermined outcome from the task force. It was just set up to buy some time.

At least he's getting hammered on 770 KKOB in the morning and afternoon shows so people can learn about his intent !!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:52 PM

741 posts, read 2,923,184 times
There was a opportunity last night for the City Council to override the Mayor on his recent veto. (The council two weeks ago approved a measure to suspend the program until a task force reports in mid-January about whether it is effective.)

The attempt to override went down in flames. Here's how they voted:

For (2) - Council Members: Winter and Cadigan
Against (7) - Council Members: O'Malley, Sanchez, Benton, Garduño, Mayer, Jones and Harris

Remember this one when election time rolls around again...

Chap

Old 01-19-2008, 11:23 PM

44 posts, read 172,974 times
Yes, accidents are up.....but instead of T-boning were now rear ending. Only 2 things going on here....youre either driving too fast and having to slam on the breaks or tailgating too close and cant stop. None of us do that, right????? lol Personally, I think eventually the lights would work....as soon as people realize they cant drive like lunatics anymore. This is New Mexico, not Mexico folks! Simply put, if you dont speed and you dont run the lights, you wont get a ticket. hmmm. that was a difficult one to figure out, eh?

Albuquerque drivers are not a bright group. I see people zooming by me and all they accomplish is reaching the red light sooner so they can wait longer. BRain alert!: Traffic lights are timed at the speed limit, so if you drive the limit, youll hit less lights. duh! Perhaps if people werent so preoccupied with getting ahead 10 feet theyd have time to look in rearview mirror as i continually catch up to them light after light. geez, Such a bunch of ding-a-lings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque