Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:40 PM

923 posts, read 2,419,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Have you not heard of the Panthers or Lightning? At least you have choices of 2 NHL teams in Florida, in NM you get the NM Scorpions, thats it.
We don't have the Scorpions anymore. No hockey this year. Zilch, nada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 914 times
Hello, all! Great thread... very funny! I almost fell off my chair laughing in some parts. Fresh Prince... lol. I have to agree that was a great show.

I was in Albuquerque last September with my family, and I had a pretty good impression. I thought it was absolutely beautiful and thought it was great how many people were out exercising. We talked to a lot of friendly people, and there seemed to be a lot going on around town at that time (we watched the finish line of the marathon, saw some free live music, checked out a book signing, sampled cool restaurants, explored the different areas). The mountains were breathtaking. We checked out some of the mountain towns east of town, and I thought it was all just so awesome and different from what I am used to. I didn't want to leave after only three days. I didn't feel like I got to see enough of the city.

I'm from Kansas City area, and there are things I like and dislike about living here, mainly the weather. I am ready for a bit of a milder climate, especially a milder winter. Having three straight months of <30 really gets to me (yes, this is the third month of cold here in KC). Also, being an active person who loves to jog, bike, hike, rollerblade, etc., Albuquerque really does seem great!

Not sure how I feel about the "isolation" thing some have mentioned. I definitely don't want to live in a huge, crammed, expensive city like New York or LA (although I love those cities for a short stay). I think I am ready for a bit slower pace, and ABQ seems to offer most of what I am looking for at this point in my life. The scenery, low cost of living, and active lifestyle are pulling me back...

Last edited by irene80; 02-15-2010 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: forgot some info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque